17 Things To Know Before Travelling to Arunachal Pradesh, India
1. Destination Overview of Arunachal Pradesh:
Arunachal Pradesh is a northeastern state of India, located in the foothills of the Eastern Himalayas. It is known for its breathtakingly beautiful landscapes, diverse culture, flora and fauna and rich cultural heritage. It is home to the largest number of tribal communities in India and is popular among trekkers, nature lovers and adventure seekers.Best Places to Visit in Arunachal Pradesh:
• Tawang Monastery
• Namdapha National Park
• Gorichen Peak
• Ziro Valley
• Sela Pass
2. Top Activities to do in Arunachal Pradesh:
• Trekking in Ziro Valley
• Camping in Dirang
• River rafting in Siang River
• Visit the Tawang Monastery
• Bird watching in Namdapha National Park
• Sightseeing in Itanagar
• Shopping in Bhalukpong
• Visit the Talley Valley Wildlife Sanctuary
• Go River Rafting in Teesta River
3. Best Places To Stay in Arunachal Pradesh:
• Luxury Places: Themis Mandaluyong
• Mid Range: Hotel Yotongla
• Budget Friendly: Hotel Hill View
4. How to Travel to Arunachal Pradesh?
The nearest airport is in Guwahati and the nearest railway station is in Assam, which is around 400 km away from Arunachal Pradesh. There are regular buses and cabs from Guwahati and Assam to Arunachal Pradesh.
5. Must Try Local Food and Drink in Arunachal Pradesh:
• Apong – Rice Beer
• Thukpa – Noodle Soup
• Khowa Manu – Meat Curry
• Kombai – Fish Curry
• Tengma – Rice Cake
• Pasa – Rice Pudding
• Panch Phoron – Five Spice Mix
• Wanchuk – Meat Stew
• Momos – Dumplings
6. Best Places to Eat in Arunachal Pradesh:
• Themis Mandaluyong
• Hotel Yotongla
• Hotel Hill View
• The Evergreen Restaurant
• Karmaling Restaurant
• Kebab Bazaar
• New Taj Restaurant
• Arunachal Café
• Apong Bar
• Momo King
7. Weather and Climate:
The best time to visit Arunachal Pradesh is from October to March, when the weather is pleasant. The months from April to June are very hot and humid, so it is best to avoid travelling during this period.
8. Local Customs and Etiquette in Arunachal Pradesh:
It is important to respect the local customs and traditions in Arunachal Pradesh. It is considered rude to point with the feet or touch someone’s head, and the locals dress modestly. Women should dress conservatively and avoid wearing revealing clothing.
9. Popular Scams in Arunachal Pradesh:
• Tourists should be wary of people offering ‘help’ with directions or transportation.
• Tourists should also be aware of people offering fake goods at cheap prices.
• Tourists should avoid using unlicensed taxi drivers, as they may charge more than the regular fare.
10. Suggested Trip Duration:
A trip to Arunachal Pradesh can be done in 4-5 days, depending on what you want to see and do.
11. Total Estimated Budget Per Person:
• Stay: INR 2,500 – 10,000
• Food: INR 500 – 2,000
• Activities: INR 1,000 – 5,000
• Tickets: INR 500 – 2,000
• Any other: INR 500 – 2,000
12. NearBy Cities:
• Guwahati (400 km)
• Tezpur (300 km)
• Dibrugarh (450 km)
• Shillong (450 km)
• Itanagar (150 km)
• Tawang (450 km)
13. Local Language and Communication in Arunachal Pradesh:
The official language of Arunachal Pradesh is English. However, some of the local languages spoken in the region are Adi, Apatani, Nyishi, Tagin and Miji. English guides are available at most tourist destinations, and they charge around INR 500-1,000 per day.
14. Accepted Currency and Money:
The local currency in Arunachal Pradesh is the Indian Rupee (INR). Credit cards and debit cards are accepted, but cash is the preferred form of payment. Tipping is not common in the region.
15. Health and Medical Information:
It is recommended that travellers to Arunachal Pradesh get vaccinated against Hepatitis A and B, as well as Typhoid. Local medical facilities are available in most towns, and emergency services are available in major cities.
16. Packing Tips for Arunachal Pradesh:
It is important to pack light and comfortable clothing, as well as protective gear like waterproof jackets, hats, and sunglasses. Footwear should be comfortable and suitable for trekking.
17. To sum up:
Arunachal Pradesh is an amazing destination for trekking, camping, sightseeing and exploring its diverse culture, flora and fauna.