17 Things To Know Before Travelling to Baran, Rajasthan, 325217
1. Destination Overview of Baran:
Baran is a city in the Rajasthan state of India. It is located in the Hadoti Region of the state and is surrounded by the Aravalli Hills. Baran is famous for its rich cultural heritage and a number of ancient temples and forts. The city is also known for its vibrant wildlife and is home to several wildlife sanctuaries and national parks.
2. Top Activities to do in Baran:
• Visit the 12th century Sun Temple at Narsinghgarh Fort.
• Explore the ancient temples and monuments of the Jagatpura region.
• Go on a wildlife safari at the Baran Forest Reserve.
• Visit the ancient fort of Chhota Mahal, located near the town.
• Shop for traditional art and craft items in the local markets.
• Go on a spiritual tour of the Shree Ganesh Temple.
• Go trekking in the Aravalli Hills.
• Enjoy a picnic at the Kishore Sagar Lake.
• Relax at the beautiful Nakkash Ki Devi Temple.
• Experience the vibrant culture of the city by attending a local festival.
3. Best Places To Stay in Baran:
• Luxury Places: The Sun Palace Hotel, The Oberoi Udaivilas, The Raj Palace Hotel
• Mid Range: The Royal Orchid Hotel, The Country Inn & Suites, The Gateway Hotel
• Budget Friendly: The Hotel Silver Palace, The Hotel Sangam Palace, The Hotel Grand Palace
4. How to Travel to Baran?:
The nearest airport to Baran is the Jaipur Airport, located at a distance of 183 Kms. It is well connected with major cities of India. From the airport, tourists can hire a taxi to reach Baran. The city is also well connected by rail and road. The nearest railway station is Kota Junction, located at a distance of 40 Kms.
5. Must Try Local Food and Drink in Baran:
• Dal Batti Churma
• Ker Sangri
• Churma Ladoo
• Mawa Kachori
• Laal Maas
• Mirchi Bada
• Badam Ka Halwa
• Apricots (July – August)
6. Best Places to Eat in Baran:
• Hotel Raj Palace: Dal Baati Churma, Laal Maas
• Hotel Grand Palace: Mawa Kachori, Panchkuta
• Hotel Silver Palace: Churma Ladoo, Mirchi Bada
7. Weather and Climate:
Baran has a tropical climate with hot and humid summers and mild winters. The best time to visit Baran is between October and March. July and August are the hottest months and should be avoided.
8. Local Customs and Etiquette in Baran:
It is recommended to dress modestly in Baran, especially when visiting temples. Women should cover their heads when entering a temple. Tipping is not compulsory but appreciated by the locals.
9. Popular Scams in Baran:
• Fake tour guides
• Overcharging taxi drivers
• Fake items sold by street vendors
• Unauthorized money exchange
10. Suggested Trip Duration:
It is recommended to plan a trip to Baran for at least 3-4 days.
11. Total Estimated Budget Per Person:
Stay: INR 1,000 – 5,000 per night
Food: INR 500 – 1,000
Activities: INR 500 – 1,000
Tickets: INR 400 – 1,000
12. NearBy Cities:
• Kota: 40 Kms
• Jhalawar: 90 Kms
• Bundi: 110 Kms
• Chittorgarh: 140 Kms
• Ajmer: 170 Kms
13. Local Language and Communication in Baran:
The official language of Baran is Hindi. English is also widely spoken in the city. Tourists can hire an English speaking guide for a nominal fee.
14. Accepted Currency and Money:
The local currency in Baran is the Indian Rupee. Major credit cards are accepted at most hotels and restaurants. Tipping is not compulsory, but appreciated by the locals.
15. Health and Medical Information:
It is recommended to carry basic medicines while travelling to Baran. The city has a few private hospitals, with basic medical facilities.
16. Packing Tips for Baran:
It is recommended to pack light cotton clothes and comfortable shoes for the hot weather. A hat and sunscreen are also recommended for outdoor activities.
17. To sum up:
Baran is a charming city in the Rajasthan state of India, known for its ancient temples, vibrant wildlife, and rich cultural heritage.