17 Things To Know Before Travelling to Bijolia, Rajasthan, 326521
1. Destination Overview of Bijolia:
Bijolia is a small town in the Bhilwara district of the Indian state of Rajasthan. It is known for its temples, traditional crafts, and local festivals. The town has an interesting history and is famous for its ancient temples and local festivals.
2. Top Activities to do in Bijolia:
• Visiting the ancient temples of Bijolia – Bijolia has a long history and several ancient temples, including the Bijolia Fort Temple, Bijolia Jain Temple, and Shri Bijolia Devi Temple.
• Exploring the local crafts of Bijolia – Bijolia is known for its traditional crafts, such as pottery, carpets, and wooden toys.
• Attending local festivals – Bijolia hosts several local festivals, including the Bijolia Mela and the Bijolia Utsav.
• Enjoying the local cuisine – Bijolia is known for its delicious cuisine, including traditional Rajasthani dishes.
• Shopping in the local markets – Bijolia has several local markets, including the Bijolia Bazaar and the Sadar Bazaar.
• Taking a day trip to the nearby cities – Bijolia is close to several cities, including Chittorgarh, Udaipur, and Jaipur.
3. Best Places To Stay in Bijolia:
• Luxury Places: The Royal Rajasthani Resort, The Grand Bhilwara, The Grand Udaipur
• Mid Range: Rajeev Resorts, Hotel Raj Palace, Hotel Gulab Palace
• Budget Friendly: Hotel Rajputana, Udaipur Inn, Hotel Grand Bhilwara
4. How to Travel to Bijolia?:
Bijolia is accessible by road, rail, and air. The nearest airport is Maharana Pratap Airport in Udaipur, which is approximately 150 km away, and the nearest railway station is Bhilwara, which is approximately 25 km away. Bijolia is well-connected by road and there are regular buses from nearby cities.
5. Must Try Local Food and Drink in Bijolia:
• Dal Baati Churma: A popular Rajasthani dish made of lentils, wheat flour, and ghee.
• Pyaaz Kachori: A popular snack made of fried dough, stuffed with onions, spices, and herbs.
• Laal Maans: A spicy Rajasthani curry made of mutton and red chili.
• Ghevar: A sweet dish made of flour, sugar, and clarified butter.
• Malpua: A sweet pancake made of flour, milk, and sugar.
• Kairi Ka Panna: A refreshing drink made of raw mangoes, sugar, and spices.
• Kesar Mango: A seasonal fruit and one of the most popular types of mangoes in India.
6. Best Places to Eat in Bijolia:
• Rajputana Restaurant: Specialising in traditional Rajasthani cuisine.
• Bijolia Bazaar: Offering a variety of snacks and street food.
• Hotel Gulab Palace: Popular for its traditional Rajasthani dishes.
• Rajeev Resorts: Serving a variety of Indian and international dishes.
• Sadar Bazaar: Offering a variety of street food and snacks.
7. Weather and Climate:
Bijolia has a tropical climate with hot summers and mild winters. The average temperature ranges from 20 to 44 degrees Celsius. The best time to visit Bijolia is from October to March. The months of April and May should be avoided due to the hot weather.
8. Local Customs and Etiquette in Bijolia:
Bijolia is a conservative place and travellers should respect the local customs and etiquette. It is advisable to dress modestly and avoid public displays of affection. Tipping is not common in Bijolia, but it is appreciated.
9. Popular Scams in Bijolia:
There are a few scams to watch out for when travelling to Bijolia, such as fake taxis and overcharging. It is best to use official taxi services and to haggle over prices in the local markets.
10. Suggested Trip Duration:
A minimum of three days is recommended for a first-time visitor to Bijolia.
11. Total Estimated Budget Per Person:
• Stay: INR 2000 – 4000
• Food: INR 1000 – 1500
• Activities: INR 500 – 1000
• Tickets: INR 500 – 1000
12. NearBy Cities:
• Chittorgarh (45 km)
• Udaipur (150 km)
• Jaipur (250 km)
• Ajmer (250 km)
• Pushkar (305 km)
13. Local Language and Communication in Bijolia:
The official language of Bijolia is Hindi. English is also spoken by most locals. It is advisable to learn some basic Hindi words and phrases to communicate with the locals. There are English-speaking guides available at the tourist attractions, and they normally charge a nominal fee.
14. Accepted Currency and Money:
The official currency of India is the Indian rupee (INR). Credit and debit cards are accepted in most places, and ATMs are available in major cities. Tipping is not expected, but it is appreciated.
15. Health and Medical Information:
Travellers should consult their healthcare provider before travelling to Bijolia and get the necessary vaccinations. It is also advisable to carry a first-aid kit and basic medicines. Medical facilities are available in major cities, and emergency services are available in case of any medical emergency.
16. Packing Tips for Bijolia:
Travellers should pack light and comfortable clothing, such as cotton and linen, as well as comfortable shoes. A hat and sunglasses are also recommended for protection from the sun. It is also advisable to carry a mosquito repellent and sunscreen.
17. To sum up:
Bijolia is a small town in Rajasthan, which is known for its ancient temples, traditional crafts, and local festivals. The best time to visit is from October to March, and travellers should pack light and comfortable clothing.