17 Things to Know Before Travelling to Bundi, Rajasthan, 323 601
1. Destination Overview of Bundi:
Bundi is a beautiful city located in the Hadoti region of Rajasthan. It is renowned for its culture, history, and architecture. The city is particularly famous for its ancient monuments, temples, and palaces, including the Taragarh Fort, Sukh Mahal, and Bundi Palace.
2. Top Activities to do in Bundi:
• Visit the Taragarh Fort, a 17th-century fort situated on a hill overlooking the city.
• Explore the Bundi Palace, an impressive palace built in the 16th century by Rao Raja Bhajra Singh.
• Take a stroll around the historic Stepwell of Raniji Ki Baori.
• Go on a jeep safari through the nearby jungles.
• Admire the ancient Dabhai Kund stepwell.
• Check out the Kshar Bagh, a beautiful garden with a picturesque view of the city.
• Visit Sukh Mahal, an 18th-century palace built by Maharaja Anirudh Singh.
• Climb up to Nawal Sagar Lake to get a stunning view of the city.
• Go shopping in the local markets for traditional Rajasthani handicrafts.
• Visit the Jait Sagar Lake, a man-made lake located in the city.
3. Best Places To Stay in Bundi:
• Luxury Places: Bundi Haveli, Hotel Anant Palace, Bundi Vilas.
• Mid Range: Hotel Alaknanda, Hotel Haveli Palace, Hotel Bundi Haveli.
• Budget Friendly: Hotel Kishan Niwas, Hotel Raj Palace, Hotel Gokul Niwas.
4. How to Travel to Bundi?
The nearest airport to Bundi is the Jaipur International Airport, which is about 200 km away. The nearest railway station is the Kota Junction Railway Station, which is about 40 km away. From there, you can take a taxi or a bus to reach Bundi.
5. Must Try Local Food and Drink in Bundi:
• Dal Bati Churma: A traditional Rajasthani dish made with lentils, wheat balls, and ghee.
• Gatte Ki Sabzi: A spicy curry made with gram flour dumplings.
• Mirchi Bada: A delicious snack made with potatoes, chillies, and spices.
• Pyaaz Kachori: A deep-fried snack made with onions, spices, and flour.
• Besan Ka Halwa: A sweet dish made with gram flour, sugar, and ghee.
• Ker Sangri: A traditional Rajasthani dish made with dried beans and berries.
• Chaas: A refreshing drink made with buttermilk and spices.
• Kairi Ka Panna: A refreshing drink made with raw mangoes and spices.
• Kachori: A snack made with a spicy filling of lentils and spices.
• Rajasthani Kadhi: A traditional dish made with curd and besan.
• Churma Ladoo: A sweet dish made with wheat flour and ghee.
6. Best Places to Eat in Bundi:
• Bundi Haveli Restaurant: Offers a variety of Rajasthani dishes. Must try their Dal Baati Churma and Gatte Ki Sabzi.
• Natraj Restaurant: Famous for its traditional Rajasthani food. Must try their Mirchi Bada and Pyaaz Kachori.
• Sankalp Restaurant: Serves delicious vegetarian and non-vegetarian dishes. Must try their Besan Ka Halwa and Ker Sangri.
• Kesar Restaurant: Offers a variety of North Indian and Chinese dishes. Must try their Chaas and Kairi Ka Panna.
• Bhana Ji Kachori: Famous for its Kachoris. Must try their Kachoris with a variety of fillings.
• Laxmi Niwas: Offers a variety of dishes from Rajasthan. Must try their Rajasthani Kadhi and Churma Ladoo.
7. Weather and Climate:
Bundi has a semi-arid climate with hot summers and mild winters. The best time to visit Bundi is from October to March, when the weather is pleasant and cool. It is best to avoid visiting in the summer months, when the temperature can reach up to 40°C.
8. Local Customs and Etiquette in Bundi:
Bundi is a conservative city, and visitors should be respectful of the local customs and traditions. Modest dressing is recommended, and women should avoid wearing short skirts or revealing clothing. Tipping is not expected, but it is considered polite to leave some money for the service you receive.
9. Popular Scams in Bundi:
• Overcharging for tourist attractions and activities.
• Fake guides who try to charge you for unplanned services.
• Fake jewellery stores with inflated prices.
• Touts who offer discounted tickets for tourist attractions.
• Unofficial taxi drivers who charge exorbitant rates.
10. Suggested Trip Duration:
The suggested trip duration for a first-time traveller to Bundi is 3-4 days.
11. Total Estimated Budget Per Person:
• Stay: INR 3000-5000
• Food: INR 1000-1500
• Activities: INR 500-1000
• Tickets: INR 500-1000
12. Nearby Cities:
• Kota (40 km)
• Jaipur (200 km)
• Udaipur (320 km)
• Jodhpur (370 km)
• Pushkar (410 km)
13. Local Language and Communication in Bundi:
The official language of Bundi is Hindi, but English is also widely spoken. English-speaking guides are available at most tourist attractions.
14. Accepted Currency and Money:
The local currency in Bundi is the Indian Rupee (INR). Credit cards are accepted in some places, but it is better to carry cash, as many places do not accept cards. Tipping is not expected, but it is considered polite to leave some money for the service you receive.
15. Health and Medical Information:
It is recommended to get vaccinated for common diseases like Hepatitis A and B, and Typhoid before travelling to Bundi. There are several medical facilities in Bundi, and most hotels can arrange for medical care in an emergency.
16. Packing Tips for Bundi:
• Comfortable and light clothing, especially during the summer months.
• A hat and sunglasses to protect yourself from the heat.
• A light jacket or sweater for the cooler evenings.
• Comfortable footwear for walking around the city.
• Sunscreen to protect your skin from the sun.
• Mosquito repellent to protect yourself from mosquito bites.
17. To sum up:
Bundi is a beautiful city located in the Hadoti region of Rajasthan, renowned for its culture, history, and architecture. It is the perfect destination for travellers looking to explore ancient monuments, temples, and palaces, and to experience the local culture and cuisine.