17 Things To Know Before Travelling to Chauth Mata Temple in Rajasthan, India
1. Destination Overview of Chauth Mata Temple:
Chauth Mata Temple is situated in the town of Rawatbhata in Rajasthan, India. It is a popular pilgrimage site and the temple is dedicated to the goddess Chauth Mata. It is a major tourist destination and is known for its spectacular views and its unique architecture.
2. Top Activities to do in Chauth Mata Temple:
• Visiting the temple and offering prayers to the goddess Chauth Mata
• Shopping for traditional Rajasthani items like jewelry, handicrafts, and textiles
• Exploring the nearby lake and taking a boat ride
• Enjoying the natural beauty of the nearby hills
• Visiting the nearby Jain temples
• Checking out the ancient architecture of the fort at Rawatbhata
• Taking part in the annual fairs and festivals
3. Best Places To Stay in Chauth Mata Temple:
• Luxury Places: Chauth Mata Palace, The Royal Palace, Hotel Chauth Mata
• Mid Range: Hotel Suncity, Hotel Mahadev Palace, Hotel Utsav Palace
• Budget Friendly: Hotel Jai Maa Palace, Hotel Narmada, Hotel Raj Palace
4. How to Travel to Chauth Mata Temple?:
The nearest airport is located in Kota, which is around 90 km away. The nearest railway station is Rawatbhata Railway Station, which is just 2 km away. Taxis, auto rickshaws and buses are available from the airport and railway station to the temple.
5. Must Try Local Food and Drink in Chauth Mata Temple:
• Dal Bati Churma
• Ker Sangri
• Ghevar (seasonal in August-September)
• Bajre ki roti
• Makke ki roti
• Laal Maans
• Papad ki Sabji
• Gatte ki Sabji
• Mirchi Bada
• Mawa Kachori
6. Best Places to Eat in Chauth Mata Temple:
• Hotel Suncity
• Hotel Narmada
• Hotel Mahadev Palace
• Hotel Utsav Palace
• Hotel Jai Maa Palace
7. Weather and Climate:
The climate in Chauth Mata Temple is hot and dry throughout the year. The best time to visit is during the winter months from November to February. Summers are very hot and should be avoided.
8. Local Customs and Etiquette in Chauth Mata Temple:
It is important to dress modestly when visiting the temple and to avoid wearing revealing clothing. It is also important to remove your shoes before entering the temple premises and to be respectful of local customs and traditions.
9. Popular Scams in Chauth Mata Temple:
• Overcharging for goods and services
• Fake tour guides
• Fake souvenirs
• Fake jewelry
10. Suggested Trip Duration:
A minimum of 2-3 days is recommended to explore Chauth Mata Temple and its nearby attractions.
11. Total Estimated Budget Per Person:
Stay: INR 500-5,000
Food: INR 250-500
Activities: INR 100-500
Tickets: INR 50-500
12. NearBy Cities:
• Kota – 90 km
• Jaipur – 250 km
• Udaipur – 250 km
• Ajmer – 230 km
13. Local Language and Communication in Chauth Mata Temple:
The official language of Chauth Mata Temple is Hindi. English is also spoken in some places. There are local English-speaking guides available at the temple, which can be hired for a fee.
14. Accepted Currency and Money:
The local currency is Indian Rupee (INR). Credit cards and debit cards are accepted in some places. Tipping is not mandatory, but it is appreciated in restaurants and hotels.
15. Health and Medical Information:
It is recommended to get vaccinated against diseases like Hepatitis A and B, Tetanus, and Typhoid before travelling to Chauth Mata Temple. Medical facilities are available in Rawatbhata.
16. Packing Tips for Chauth Mata Temple:
It is important to pack light and comfortable clothing for the trip. Comfortable shoes are also recommended for walking and exploring the temple. Sunscreen, sunglasses, and a hat are also recommended for protection from the sun.
17. To sum up:
Chauth Mata Temple is a popular pilgrimage site in Rajasthan, India, known for its amazing views and unique architecture. It is a great destination to explore the culture, history and traditions of Rajasthan.