17 Things To Know Before Travelling to Chhoti Sadri, Rajasthan, 302021
1. Destination Overview of Chhoti Sadri:
Chhoti Sadri is a small town in the Pratapgarh district of Rajasthan. It is famous for its architectural grandeur, the famous Chhoti Sadri Fort, and numerous temples. The town is also known for its vibrant culture and festivals celebrated with much fervor.
2. Top Activities to do in Chhoti Sadri:
• Visit the Chhoti Sadri Fort – This historical fort is a symbol of the town’s grandeur and is a must-visit destination.
• Explore the Temples – The temples in Chhoti Sadri are popular for their intricate carvings and sculptures.
• Enjoy the Festivals – Chhoti Sadri celebrates several festivals with great enthusiasm.
• Shop in the Local Markets – The local markets of Chhoti Sadri are a great place to buy souvenirs and traditional handicrafts.
• Go for a Safari – Chhoti Sadri is also known for its safari tours, which are a great way to explore the local wildlife.
3. Best Places To Stay in Chhoti Sadri:
• Luxury Places: Chhoti Sadri Palace, Umed Bhawan Palace, Radisson Udaipur
• Mid Range: Hotel Utsav Palace, Hotel Devansh, Hotel Shikhar
• Budget Friendly: Hotel City Palace, Hotel Jai Palace, Hotel Rangmahal
4. How to Travel to Chhoti Sadri?
The nearest airport is the Maharana Pratap Airport in Udaipur, which is about 140 km away. Chhoti Sadri is also well connected by road to other cities in Rajasthan, such as Jaipur, Udaipur, and Ajmer. There are several buses and taxis available for hire from the airport and other nearby cities.
5. Must Try Local Food and Drink in Chhoti Sadri:
• Dal Baati Churma
• Mawa Kachori
• Pyaaz Kachori
• Ghatte Ka Pulao
• Makhaniya Lassi
• Gulab Jamun
• Seasonal Fruits like Jamun and Anjeer
6. Best Places to Eat in Chhoti Sadri:
• Hotel Utsav Palace
• Rajdhani Restaurant
• Hotel Shikhar
• Rajasthan Restaurant
• Hotel City Palace
7. Weather and Climate:
Chhoti Sadri has a warm and humid climate. The summer months are from April to June and the temperature can reach up to 40°C. The winter months are from November to February and the temperature can drop down to 10°C. The best time to visit Chhoti Sadri is from October to March. It is recommended to avoid travelling to Chhoti Sadri during the monsoon season from July to September, as the town experiences heavy rainfall.
8. Local Customs and Etiquette in Chhoti Sadri:
It is advised to respect the local culture and customs in Chhoti Sadri. The people of Chhoti Sadri are very conservative and visitors should dress modestly. It is also important to respect the local religious customs and practices.
9. Popular Scams in Chhoti Sadri:
• Fake Tour Guides – Be aware of fake tour guides who may offer discounts but will take you to places where they can get a commission.
• Overcharging – Some taxi drivers and shopkeepers may try to overcharge tourists for their services.
• Unauthorized Travel Agents – Be aware of unauthorized travel agents who may try to scam you.
10. Suggested Trip Duration:
It is recommended to plan a trip to Chhoti Sadri for at least 4 to 5 days to explore the town and its attractions.
11. Total Estimated Budget Per Person:
• Stay – INR 2000 to 5000 per night
• Food – INR 500 to 1000 per day
• Activities – INR 3000 to 7000 per day
• Tickets – INR 1000 to 2000 per day
12. NearBy Cities:
• Udaipur – 140 km
• Jaipur – 280 km
• Ajmer – 250 km
13. Local Language and Communication in Chhoti Sadri:
The official language of Chhoti Sadri is Hindi. English is also understood by some locals. English speaking guides are available for hire at the local tourist attractions.
14. Accepted Currency and Money:
The Indian Rupee is the accepted currency in Chhoti Sadri. Credit cards are accepted at most hotels and restaurants. Tipping is not common in Chhoti Sadri.
15. Health and Medical Information:
It is recommended to take some basic precautions while travelling in Chhoti Sadri. It is also advised to carry basic medicines and insect repellent. Emergency medical services are available at the local hospitals.
16. Packing Tips for Chhoti Sadri:
It is recommended to pack light cotton clothes and loose-fitting trousers for the summer months. For the winter months, it is suggested to carry a few pullovers, sweaters, and jackets. Comfortable shoes and sunglasses are also recommended.
17. To sum up:
Chhoti Sadri is a small town in Rajasthan known for its fort, temples, and vibrant culture. It is a great place to visit for its architectural grandeur, festivals, and local markets.