17 Things To Know Before Travelling to Chomu, Rajasthan, 303702
1. Destination Overview of Chomu:
Chomu is a town and a municipality in Jaipur district in the Indian state of Rajasthan. It is located in the Shekhawati region of Rajasthan. It is famous for its palaces and havelis, built by various feudal lords.
2. Top Activities to do in Chomu:
• Visit the Chomu Palace – a heritage site built by Maharaja Chhotu Singh.
• Head to the Jama Masjid – a mosque built by Chhotu Singh.
• Check out the Sheesh Mahal – a palace made of mirror and glass.
• Explore the Jain Temple – a beautiful temple dedicated to Lord Mahavira.
• Witness the magnificent Sita Ramji Temple – a temple dedicated to Lord Ram and Sita.
• Pay a visit to the Ganesha Temple – a temple dedicated to Lord Ganesha.
• Explore the local markets – a great place to pick up souvenirs.
• Go camping in the nearby hills – a great way to experience the outdoors.
• Enjoy a camel ride – a great way to explore the desert landscape.
• Visit the havelis – marvel at the architecture of these magnificent mansions.
3. Best Places To Stay in Chomu:
• The Chomu Palace – a heritage hotel located in the heart of Chomu.
• The Palace Hotel – a luxurious hotel offering amenities such as a spa and swimming pool.
• Balaji Inn – a luxurious hotel offering amenities such as a swimming pool and free Wi-Fi.
• The Kings Palace – a mid-range hotel located in the heart of Chomu.
• Hotel Park View – a mid-range hotel offering amenities such as a swimming pool and free Wi-Fi.
• Hotel Royal Residency – a mid-range hotel located close to the Chomu Palace.
• Hotel Shree Ji – a budget-friendly hotel offering amenities such as free Wi-Fi and a restaurant.
• Hotel Darshan – a budget-friendly hotel located close to the Chomu Palace.
• Hotel Om Palace – a budget-friendly hotel located close to the Jama Masjid.
4. How to Travel to Chomu?:
The nearest airport is the Sanganer Airport in Jaipur, which is about 70 km from Chomu. The nearest railway station is Chomu Railway Station, which is about 4 km from Chomu. You can also take a taxi from Jaipur to Chomu.
5. Must Try Local Food and Drink in Chomu:
• Dal Baati Churma – a traditional Rajasthani dish made with lentils, wheat balls, and sweet jaggery.
• Bajre ki Khichdi – a traditional Rajasthani dish made with millet, lentils, and vegetables.
• Gatte ki Sabzi – a traditional Rajasthani dish made with gram flour dumplings in a yogurt-based gravy.
• Pyaaz Kachori – a popular snack made with onion, spices, and flour.
• Mirchi Vada – a popular snack made with potatoes and chilli peppers.
• Ghevar – a popular sweet made with flour and sugar syrup.
• Mawa Kachori – a popular sweet made with mawa and sugar syrup.
• Kesar Lassi – a popular drink made with yogurt, saffron, and cardamom.
6. Best Places to Eat in Chomu:
• Chomu Palace – a restaurant offering traditional Rajasthani cuisine.
• Hotel Park View – a restaurant offering a variety of Indian and international dishes.
• Hotel Shree Ji – a restaurant offering a variety of Indian and Chinese dishes.
• Hotel Royal Residency – a restaurant offering a variety of Indian and international dishes.
• Hotel Om Palace – a restaurant offering traditional Rajasthani cuisine.
7. Weather and Climate:
Chomu has a semi-arid climate and experiences hot summers and cold winters. The best time to visit is from October to March when the weather is pleasant. It is best to avoid the months of May and June as the temperature can get very high.
8. Local Customs and Etiquette in Chomu:
It is advisable to dress modestly and respect local customs and traditions. It is important to remove your shoes before entering a temple or a mosque. Tipping is not common in Chomu and it is not expected.
9. Popular Scams in Chomu:
Be wary of bogus taxi drivers and people offering fake services. It is best to book a taxi from a reputable company and make sure it has a meter. Be aware of pickpockets in crowded areas and be careful with your belongings.
10. Suggested Trip Duration:
The suggested trip duration to Chomu is 3 days.
11. Total Estimated Budget Per Person:
The total estimated budget per person for a 3-day trip to Chomu is approximately INR 4,000 – 5,000.
12. NearBy Cities:
• Jaipur – 70 km
• Ajmer – 122 km
• Pushkar – 143 km
• Udaipur – 250 km
13. Local Language and Communication in Chomu:
The official language of Chomu is Hindi and English is widely spoken. Some common phrases that travelers should know are “Namaste” (Hello) and “Shukriya” (Thank you). English-speaking guides are available at the tourist destinations and charge around INR 500 per day.
14. Accepted Currency and Money:
The local currency in Chomu is the Indian Rupee (INR). Major credit cards are accepted in most hotels, restaurants, and shops. Tipping is not expected, but appreciated.
15. Health and Medical Information:
No vaccinations are required before travelling to Chomu, however, it is advisable to check with your local health authority for the latest advice. There are medical facilities and emergency services available in Chomu.
16. Packing Tips for Chomu:
It is advisable to pack light and comfortable clothing for the warm weather in Chomu. Make sure to bring a hat and sunscreen, as well as comfortable walking shoes.
17. To sum up:
Chomu is a small town in Rajasthan with a rich history, culture, and architecture. It is the perfect destination for a 3-day trip and offers plenty of activities and attractions, from palaces and havelis to temples and markets.