Da Lat, Vietnam is a popular destination for travelers seeking an escape from the hustle and bustle of city life. With its picturesque landscapes, unique cultural attractions, and vibrant nightlife, it is no wonder why it has become one of the most popular destinations in Vietnam. Before planning your trip, here are 17 things to know before travelling to Da Lat:
1. Destination Overview of Da Lat:
Da Lat is a beautiful city in the Central Highlands of Vietnam. Located about 400 km from Ho Chi Minh City, it is a popular tourist destination known for its stunning mountain views, lush green hills, and pleasant climate. It is also known for its unique culture, with many French-influenced buildings and delicious cuisine.
2. What are the Fun things to do in Da Lat?
• Visit the Da Lat Market for a variety of fresh fruits, vegetables, and souvenirs.
• Explore the Valley of Love, a beautiful garden filled with colorful flowers and trees.
• Take a cable car ride up to the Lang Biang Mountain for stunning views of the city.
• Enjoy the nightlife at the Xuan Huong Lake area, with its many bars and restaurants.
• Visit the Bao Dai Palace, the former residence of the last emperor of Vietnam.
• Go trekking in the Lang Biang National Park and admire the stunning landscapes.
• Take a tour of the many coffee plantations in the area.
• Relax at the Datanla Waterfall and take a refreshing dip in the cool waters.
• Take a day trip to the nearby villages of Lak and Pongour.
• Explore the many pagodas and temples in the area.
3. Best Places To Stay in Da Lat:
• La Sapinette Hotel
• Ana Mandara Villas Dalat
• The Dalat Hotel Mid Range:
• La Quinta Dalat Hotel
• Dalat Family Homestay
• Dalat Palace Hotel & Golf Club Budget Friendly:
• Dalat Countryside Homestay
• Khach San Sao Mai
• Nhà Nghỉ Anh Hoa
4. How to Travel to Da Lat?
The easiest way to get to Da Lat is by air, with flights from Ho Chi Minh City, Hanoi, and other cities in Vietnam. You can also take a bus from Ho Chi Minh City or Hanoi, which takes around 8 hours. Once in Da Lat, you can get around by taxi, motorbike, or bicycle.
5. Must Try Local Food and Drink in Da Lat:
• Com Tam: Broken rice with grilled pork and egg
• Banh Xeo: Crispy Vietnamese pancake
• Banh Can: Rice flour cake
• Bo Ne: Vietnamese steak and egg
• Bun Cha Ca: Fish noodle soup
• Coffee: Da Lat is famous for its delicious coffee
• Tra Sua: Vietnamese iced milk tea
• Sticky rice: A traditional dessert made with coconut milk
• Banh Mi: Vietnamese sandwich
6. Best Places to Eat in Da Lat:
• Cafe de La Rotonde
• Cong Caphe
• Le Jardin
• Cau Dat Tea House
• Kim Sơn
• Lien Hoa
7. Weather and Climate:
Da Lat has a temperate climate, with temperatures ranging from 10°C to 25°C throughout the year. The best time to visit is from October to December, when the weather is pleasant and the flowers are in full bloom. It is best to avoid the rainy season from May to September.
8. Local Customs and Etiquette in Da Lat:
When visiting Da Lat, it is important to dress modestly and respect local customs. Shorts and tank tops are generally not acceptable in public, and visitors should avoid public displays of affection. Tipping is not expected, but it is appreciated.
9. Popular Scams in Da Lat:
Be aware of pickpockets and scammers in the tourist areas. Always be wary of anyone offering to help you with directions or to exchange money, as they may be trying to scam you. Also, watch out for fake tour guides who may try to charge you for their services.
10. Suggested Trip Duration:
Most visitors recommend spending at least 3 days in Da Lat, allowing enough time to explore the city and its attractions.
11. Total Estimated Budget Per Person:
12. NearBy Cities:
• Nha Trang (87 km)
• Mui Ne (155 km)
• Hoi An (389 km)
• Ho Chi Minh City (407 km)
13. Local Language and Communication in Da Lat:
Vietnamese is the official language in Da Lat, but English is widely spoken in the tourist areas. Common phrases include “xin chao” (hello), “cam on” (thank you), and “tam biet” (goodbye).
14. Accepted Currency and Money:
The official currency in Vietnam is the Vietnamese Dong (VND). US dollars and Euros are also accepted in some places. Credit cards are accepted in most hotels, restaurants, and shops. Tipping is not expected, but it is appreciated.
15. Health and Medical Information:
No vaccinations are required for travel to Da Lat, but it is recommended that you are up to date on your routine vaccinations. There are several medical facilities in the city, and emergency services are available.
16. Packing Tips for Da Lat:
Be sure to pack light and comfortable clothing, as well as sunscreen, insect repellent, and a hat. For trekking in the mountains, be sure to bring sturdy shoes and a rain jacket.
17. To sum up:
Da Lat is a beautiful city in the Central Highlands of Vietnam, known for its stunning mountain views, unique culture, and vibrant nightlife. Before planning your trip, make sure to check out the best places to stay, the must-try local food and drink, and the popular scams to avoid. Be sure to pack light and comfortable clothing, and remember to respect local customs. With the right preparation, you are sure to have an amazing trip to Da Lat.