17 Things To Know Before Travelling to Danta Ramgarh Sanctuary, Rajasthan, 333704
1. Destination Overview of Danta Ramgarh Sanctuary:
Danta Ramgarh Sanctuary is located in the Rajasthan district of Dungarpur. It is a wildlife sanctuary that is home to various wildlife species such as sloth bears, hyenas, wild boars, jackals, nilgai, chinkara, sambar, and more. It is also the home to the endangered species of the Great Indian Bustard.
2. Top Activities to do in Danta Ramgarh Sanctuary:
• Bird Watching: Danta Ramgarh Sanctuary is a paradise for bird watchers. It is home to many species of birds including the Great Indian Bustard, Grey Francolin, Partridge, Peafowl, and more.
• Jeep Safari: A jeep safari through the sanctuary is a great way to explore the area and observe the wildlife.
• Trekking: The sanctuary offers great trekking opportunities for those who love exploring.
• Camping: The sanctuary also offers camping facilities for those who want to spend the night under the stars.
3. Best Places To Stay in Danta Ramgarh Sanctuary:
• Luxury Places: Hotel Danta Ramgarh, Prakash Resorts, and Rajputana Resort.
• Mid Range: Hotel Utsav Palace, Hotel Jaisal Palace, and Hotel Raisa Palace.
• Budget Friendly: Hotel Gokul Palace, Hotel Rani Palace, and Hotel Anand Palace.
4. How to Travel to Danta Ramgarh Sanctuary?
The nearest airport to Danta Ramgarh Sanctuary is Udaipur Airport, which is about 180 km away. The nearest railway station is Dungarpur railway station, which is about 40 km away. You can also reach the sanctuary by road from the nearest cities of Chittorgarh and Udaipur.
5. Must Try Local Food and Drink in Danta Ramgarh Sanctuary:
• Dal Bati Churma: This is a traditional Rajasthani dish made with lentils, wheat flour, and ghee.
• Laal Maas: This is a spicy dish made with mutton and red chillies.
• Panchkuta: This is a popular dessert made with five different types of nuts.
• Ghatte Ki Sabzi: This is a vegetarian dish made with gram flour dumplings and spices.
• Kair Sangri: This is a popular dish made with desert beans and wild berries.
• Kachori: This is a deep-fried snack made with lentils and spices.
• Kulfi: This is a popular variant of ice cream made with milk and sugar.
6. Best Places to Eat in Danta Ramgarh Sanctuary:
• Hotel Danta Ramgarh: This is a popular hotel that serves a variety of dishes from Rajasthani cuisine.
• Hotel Utsav Palace: This is a popular restaurant that serves a variety of Indian and Chinese dishes.
• Rajputana Resort: This is a popular resort that serves a variety of dishes from Rajasthani cuisine.
• Hotel Gokul Palace: This is a popular hotel that serves a variety of dishes from Rajasthani cuisine.
• Hotel Anand Palace: This is a popular hotel that serves a variety of dishes from Rajasthani cuisine.
7. Weather and Climate:
The best time to visit Danta Ramgarh Sanctuary is from October to March as the weather is pleasant and ideal for sightseeing. The summers are hot and humid and the winters are cool and dry. It is best to avoid the monsoon season from July to September as the sanctuary may be closed due to heavy rains.
8. Local Customs and Etiquette in Danta Ramgarh Sanctuary:
It is important to dress modestly when visiting the sanctuary, to respect the local customs and culture. It is also important to be mindful of your surroundings and respect the wildlife.
9. Popular Scams in Danta Ramgarh Sanctuary:
There are no known scams in the sanctuary but it is important to be aware of your surroundings and be wary of strangers.
10. Suggested Trip Duration:
The suggested trip duration for a first-time traveler to Danta Ramgarh Sanctuary is 2-3 days.
11. Total Estimated Budget Per Person:
The total estimated budget per person for a trip to Danta Ramgarh Sanctuary is approximately INR 10,000 (USD 135). This includes the cost of stay, food, activities, and tickets.
12. Nearby Cities:
There are a number of cities and places to visit near Danta Ramgarh Sanctuary, such as Chittorgarh (45 km), Udaipur (180 km), Ranakpur (80 km), Kumbhalgarh (90 km), Mount Abu (120 km), and Jodhpur (180 km).
13. Local Language and Communication in Danta Ramgarh Sanctuary:
The official language of Danta Ramgarh Sanctuary is Hindi, but English is also spoken by the locals. Some common phrases that travelers should know are Namaste (Hello), Dhanyawad (Thank You), and Maaf Kijiye (Excuse Me).
14. Accepted Currency and Money:
The local currency in Danta Ramgarh Sanctuary is the Indian Rupee. Credit cards and debit cards are accepted in most places. Tipping is not mandatory but is appreciated.
15. Health and Medical Information:
There are no recommended vaccinations or health precautions for travelers to Danta Ramgarh Sanctuary. However, it is important to carry basic medical supplies such as painkillers and anti-diarrhea medicines. The nearest medical facility is located in Udaipur.
16. Packing Tips for Danta Ramgarh Sanctuary:
It is important to pack light and comfortable clothing and footwear. Since the temperature during the day can be hot and humid, it is advisable to carry a hat and sunglasses. It is also important to carry a good pair of walking shoes and a raincoat or umbrella.
17. To sum up:
Danta Ramgarh Sanctuary is a paradise for bird watchers and wildlife enthusiasts with plenty of activities like jeep safaris, trekking and camping.