17 Things To Know Before Travelling to Danta Ramgarh Sanctuary, Rajasthan, 322001
1. Destination Overview of Danta Ramgarh Sanctuary:
• Located in the Sikar district of Rajasthan, Danta Ramgarh Sanctuary is a wildlife sanctuary and protected area that is home to a variety of fauna, including leopards, wild boar, nilgai, and chinkara.
• It is the perfect destination for nature lovers and wildlife enthusiasts and is known for its scenic views and crisp air.
• The sanctuary is located at the foot of the Aravalli hills and is surrounded by small villages, making it an ideal spot for exploring rural India.
2. Top Activities to do in Danta Ramgarh Sanctuary:
• Wildlife Safari: One of the most popular activities in Danta Ramgarh Sanctuary is exploring its wildlife through a wildlife safari. You can go on a jeep safari or a camel safari to spot wildlife like nilgai, chinkara, leopards, and wild boar.
• Bird Watching: The sanctuary is also home to a variety of birds, making it a great place for birdwatching.
• Nature Walk: You can enjoy a leisurely nature walk in the sanctuary to admire its beauty and take in the fresh air.
• Camping: Camping is a popular activity in the sanctuary and a great way to experience the wilderness.
• Paragliding: You can also try paragliding in the sanctuary to enjoy the stunning views of the Aravalli hills.
3. Best Places To Stay in Danta Ramgarh Sanctuary:
• Luxury Places: Danta Ramgarh Resort, Aravalli Retreat, and Anantaa Resort & Spa
• Mid Range: Ramgarh Heritage Resort, Jaichand Palace, and Basera Resort
• Budget Friendly: Hotel Anand, Hotel Keshav Palace, and Hotel All Seasons
4. How to Travel to Danta Ramgarh Sanctuary?:
• The nearest airport is Jaipur International Airport, which is about 165 km away from the sanctuary.
• The nearest railway station is Sikar Junction, which is about 44 km away from the sanctuary.
• The nearest city is Sikar, which is about 44 km away from the sanctuary.
• You can get to the sanctuary by taxi or bus from the nearest airport, railway station, or city.
5. Must Try Local Food and Drink in Danta Ramgarh Sanctuary:
• Dal Baati Churma
• Gatte ki sabzi
• Mirchi Bada
• Pyaaz Kachori
• Besan ki Barfi
• Papad ki Sabzi
• Gajar Ka Halwa
• Kulfi (seasonal)
6. Best Places to Eat in Danta Ramgarh Sanctuary:
• The Royal Kitchen: Try their Dal Baati Churma and Gatte Ki Sabzi
• The Village Restaurant: Try their Mirchi Bada and Pyaaz Kachori
• The Sweet Shop: Try their Besan Ki Barfi and Malpua
• The Kulfi Corner (seasonal): Try their Ghewar and Kulfi
• The Sweet Paradise: Try their Gajar Ka Halwa and Papad Ki Sabzi
7. Weather and Climate:
• The best time to visit Danta Ramgarh Sanctuary is from October to March, during the winter months, when the weather is pleasant.
• Summers are hot and humid, and the months from April to June should be avoided.
• Monsoons are from July to September, and the sanctuary receives very heavy rainfall during this time.
8. Local Customs and Etiquette in Danta Ramgarh Sanctuary:
• It is important to dress modestly in the sanctuary, and visitors should avoid wearing revealing or tight-fitting clothing.
• It is advisable to respect the local customs and traditions, and visitors should use their discretion when taking photographs of local people.
• In some areas of the sanctuary, there may be an English guide available, and they usually charge a nominal fee.
9. Popular Scams in Danta Ramgarh Sanctuary:
• Be aware of fake guides who may offer to take you on a tour of the sanctuary for a fee.
• Do not accept food or drinks from strangers, as they may be laced with drugs.
• Be wary of people who offer to exchange money at a better rate than the official exchange rate.
10. Suggested Trip Duration:
• The suggested trip duration for Danta Ramgarh Sanctuary is 3-4 days.
11. Total Estimated Budget Per Person:
• Stay: INR 2,000-3,000
• Food: INR 1,500-2,000
• Activities: INR 1,500-2,000
• Tickets: INR 500-1,000
12. NearBy Cities:
• Jaipur: 166 km
• Udaipur: 270 km
• Ajmer: 274 km
• Jodhpur: 334 km
• Bharatpur: 413 km
13. Local Language and Communication in Danta Ramgarh Sanctuary:
• The official language spoken in the sanctuary is Hindi, and it is advisable for travelers to learn a few common phrases in Hindi for communication.
• English is also spoken in some areas of the sanctuary, and English-speaking guides may be available for a fee.
14. Accepted Currency and Money:
• The local currency is the Indian Rupee (INR).
• Credit and debit cards are widely accepted, and most ATMs in the sanctuary accept international cards.
• Tipping is not mandatory, but it is appreciated and usually ranges from 10-15% of the total bill.
15. Health and Medical Information:
• It is advisable to get vaccinated against certain diseases such as typhoid, hepatitis A, and malaria before travelling to the sanctuary.
• There are several medical facilities in the sanctuary, and it is important to have adequate health insurance coverage before travelling.
• In case of an emergency, the local emergency number is 112.
16. Packing Tips for Danta Ramgarh Sanctuary:
• Comfortable and lightweight clothing
• Sunhat and sunglasses
• Insect repellent
• First aid kit
• Reusable water bottle
17. To sum up:
Danta Ramgarh Sanctuary is the perfect destination for nature lovers and wildlife enthusiasts, offering a variety of activities such as wildlife safaris, bird watching, camping, and paragliding.