17 Things To Know Before Travelling to Deshnoke, Rajasthan, 331805
1. Destination Overview of Deshnoke:
Deshnoke is a small town located in the Bikaner district of Rajasthan, India. It is renowned for its Karni Mata Temple, also known as the Rat Temple. It is a revered temple and is visited by thousands of devotees every year. The town is also known for its unique culture and colourful markets.
2. Top Activities to do in Deshnoke:
• Visit the Karni Mata Temple – The Karni Mata Temple is a revered temple in Deshnoke. It is a Hindu temple and is dedicated to the goddess Karni Mata. The temple is popularly known as the Rat Temple because of the large number of rats that live in the temple complex.
• Shopping in the local markets – Deshnoke has colourful and vibrant markets. Here, you can find a variety of items such as jewellery, clothes, spices, and other traditional items.
• Explore the nearby villages – Deshnoke is surrounded by a number of small villages. These villages offer a unique insight into the local culture and lifestyle.
• Participate in the local festivals – Deshnoke celebrates a number of traditional festivals throughout the year. You can participate in these festivals and get to experience the true local culture.
• Attend the Deshnoke Camel Festival – The Deshnoke Camel Festival is held annually in the month of January. It is a major event and is attended by people from all around the country.
3. Best Places To Stay in Deshnoke:
• Karni Bhawan Palace – This is a luxurious and opulent hotel located close to the Karni Mata Temple. The hotel offers a range of amenities and is known for its excellent service.
• Luxury Rajasthan Tour – This is another luxury hotel located close to the temple. It offers luxurious rooms and a range of other amenities.
• Hotel Pankaj – This is a mid-range hotel located close to the temple. It offers comfortable rooms and a range of other amenities at an affordable price.
• Rajputana Palace Hotel – This is another mid-range hotel located close to the temple. It offers comfortable rooms and a range of other amenities at an affordable price.
• Hotel Karni Bhawan – This is a budget-friendly hotel located close to the Karni Mata Temple. It offers basic amenities at a reasonable price.
• Hotel Royal Desert – This is another budget-friendly hotel located close to the temple. It offers basic amenities at a reasonable price.
4. How to Travel to Deshnoke?:
Deshnoke is connected to the nearby cities and towns through a network of roads and railways. The nearest airport is located in Jodhpur, which is about 200 km away from the town. There are regular buses and trains from the nearby cities and towns. Taxi services are also available from the airport and railway station.
5. Must Try Local Food and Drink in Deshnoke:
• Moth Dal – This is a popular Rajasthani dish made with lentils and spices.
• Gatte Ki Sabzi – This is a dish made with gram flour dumplings and spices.
• Kachori – This is a popular snack made with dough and spices.
• Bajre Ka Khichda – This is a dish made with pearl millet and vegetables.
• Ghevar – This is a sweet dish made with flour and sugar syrup.
• Kadhi – This is a yogurt-based dish made with gram flour and spices.
• Laal Maas – This is a spicy mutton curry made with red chillies.
• Churma – This is a sweet dish made with wheat flour and ghee.
• Mawa Kachori – This is a sweet dish made with mawa and spices.
• Mirchi Vada – This is a fried snack made with chillies and spices.
• Moong Dal Halwa – This is a sweet dish made with yellow lentils and ghee.
6. Best Places to Eat in Deshnoke:
• Jagat Ram Sharma Sweets and Snacks – This is a popular restaurant in the town. It serves a variety of snacks and sweets.
• Karni Bhawan – This is a popular restaurant located close to the Karni Mata Temple. It serves a variety of vegetarian and non-vegetarian dishes.
• Karni Niwas – This is another popular restaurant located close to the temple. It serves a variety of traditional Rajasthani dishes.
• DeshNok Restaurant – This is a popular restaurant located in the town. It serves a variety of snacks and meals.
• Hotels in Deshnoke – There are a number of hotels and restaurants in the town that serve a variety of dishes.
7. Weather and Climate:
Deshnoke has a semi-arid climate. Summers are hot and dry with temperatures reaching up to 45°C. Winters are mild and pleasant with temperatures ranging between 10-20°C. The best time to visit Deshnoke is from October to March.
8. Local Customs and Etiquette in Deshnoke:
It is important to be aware of the local customs and etiquette. Everyone should dress modestly and women should cover their heads when visiting the Karni Mata Temple. It is also important to take off your shoes when entering the temple. Tipping is not expected or required.
9. Popular Scams in Deshnoke:
• Be wary of strangers offering to help you find a place to stay or suggesting attractions to visit. These people may be trying to scam you.
• Be careful when exchanging money. Make sure you are getting the correct amount and that the currency is valid.
• Be aware of pickpocketing as it is a common scam in the area.
10. Suggested Trip Duration:
The suggested trip duration for Deshnoke is 2-3 days. This will give you enough time to explore the Karni Mata Temple and the other attractions in the area.
11. Total Estimated Budget Per Person:
The total estimated budget per person for a 2-3 day trip to Deshnoke is approximately ₹5,000-7,000. This includes the cost of accommodation, food, activities, and transportation.
12. NearBy Cities:
The nearby cities to Deshnoke are Bikaner (36 km), Jodhpur (200 km), Jaipur (400 km) and Udaipur (500 km).
13. Local Language and Communication in Deshnoke:
The official language spoken in Deshnoke is Hindi. English is also widely spoken. It is advisable to carry a dictionary or phrasebook to help with communication. There are also English-speaking guides available at the tourist destinations.
14. Accepted Currency and Money:
The local currency of Deshnoke is the Indian rupee. Credit cards and debit cards are accepted at most places. Tipping is not expected or required.
15. Health and Medical Information:
It is recommended to carry basic first-aid supplies and to take necessary precautions when travelling in Deshnoke. There are hospitals and medical facilities available in the town. In case of an emergency, contact the local police.
16. Packing Tips for Deshnoke:
When travelling to Deshnoke, it is important to pack the right clothing. Lightweight and comfortable clothing is recommended, as well as a hat and sunscreen for protection from the sun. It is also important to carry comfortable walking shoes as there is a lot of walking involved.
17. To sum up:
Deshnoke is a small town in Rajasthan, India, renowned for its Karni Mata Temple, vibrant markets and unique culture. Visitors can explore the temple, take part in local festivals, go shopping in the local markets and visit the nearby villages.