17 Things to Know Before Travelling to Dundlod, Rajasthan, India
1. Destination Overview of Dundlod:
Dundlod is a small town located in the Jhunjhunu district of Rajasthan, India. This town is famous for its fort and palace, which is a great example of Rajput architecture. Dundlod is also known for its traditional cuisine, local festivals and handicrafts.
2. Top Activities to do in Dundlod:
• Explore the Dundlod Fort and Palace: This fort and palace is a great example of Rajput architecture and a must-visit attraction in Dundlod.
• Visit the Dundlod Museum: This museum is home to a collection of artifacts, weapons, paintings and sculptures from the Rajput era.
• Go Shopping at the local markets: Dundlod is well known for its traditional handicrafts and handmade items.
• Visit the nearby temples: Dundlod is home to many ancient temples such as the Chintamani Temple, Chhoti Kashi Temple and the Gauri Shankar Temple.
• Go on a Wildlife Safari: A wildlife safari at the nearby Dholpur Wildlife Sanctuary is a must-do activity if you’re in Dundlod.
• Participate in the annual festivals: Dundlod hosts various festivals throughout the year, such as the Teej Festival and the Lohri Festival.
3. Best Places To Stay in Dundlod:
• Hotel The Fort Dundlod
• Dundlod Resorts and Spa
• Heritage Resort Dundlod
• Dundlod Haveli
• Hotel Rajmahal
• Hotel Aalok Palace
• Hotel Shreeji
• Hotel Ashirwad
• Hotel Akash
4. How to Travel to Dundlod?
The nearest airport is Jaipur International Airport, located about 140 km away. The nearest railway station is Chirawa Junction, located about 15 km away. Dundlod is also easily accessible by road from major cities like Jaipur and Delhi.
5. Must Try Local Food and Drink in Dundlod:
• Dal-Bati-Churma: A traditional Rajasthani dish made from dal, bati and churma.
• Mirchi Bada: A spicy snack made from potatoes, chillies and spices.
• Ghevar: A sweet dish made from flour, sugar and ghee.
• Laal Maas: A spicy mutton dish cooked in a thick gravy.
• Kair Sangri: A traditional Rajasthani dish made from kair and sangri beans.
• Gullar Kachori: A traditional Rajasthani snack made from pulses and spices.
• Kulfi: A traditional Indian dessert made from condensed milk and flavored with cardamom, saffron and nuts.
• Mango Lassi: A sweet and creamy drink made from yogurt and mango pulp.
6. Best Places to Eat in Dundlod:
• Hotel Rajmahal: Famous for its delicious traditional Rajasthani cuisine.
• Hotel Ashirwad: Specializes in vegetarian food.
• Hotel Aalok Palace: Known for its delicious North Indian dishes.
• Hotel Shreeji: Famous for its authentic Rajasthani thalis.
• The Royal Rajasthani Restaurant: Offers delicious local and international cuisine.
7. Weather and Climate:
The best time to visit Dundlod is from October to March when the weather is pleasant and comfortable. Avoid visiting in the summer months of April to June as the temperature can get quite hot.
8. Local Customs and Etiquette in Dundlod:
It is important to dress modestly when visiting temples, mosques or other religious sites in Dundlod. Shoes should be taken off before entering any religious sites. Tipping is not a common practice in Dundlod and is not expected.
9. Popular Scams in Dundlod:
• Fake currency exchange: Be sure to only exchange money at an authorized currency exchange office.
• Overcharging for goods and services: Always ask for a receipt and the price of the goods and services before making a purchase.
• Taxi scams: Always agree on a fare before getting into a taxi and pay using the meter.
• Credit card fraud: Be sure to keep your credit card and other important documents safe.
10. Suggested Trip Duration:
A trip to Dundlod can be completed in 2 to 3 days.
11. Total Estimated Budget Per Person:
Stay: Rs. 500 – Rs. 2000
Food: Rs. 300 – Rs. 500
Activities: Rs. 200 – Rs. 500
Tickets: Rs. 200 – Rs. 1000
12. Nearby Cities:
• Jhunjhunu: 42 km
• Chirawa: 15 km
• Udaipurwati: 27 km
• Ratangarh: 22 km
• Sikar: 64 km
13. Local Language and Communication in Dundlod:
Rajasthani, Hindi and English are the most widely spoken languages in Dundlod. English-speaking guides are available at most tourist spots in Dundlod.
14. Accepted Currency and Money:
The Indian Rupee (INR) is the accepted currency in Dundlod. ATMs are widely available and credit cards are accepted at most major hotels and restaurants. Tipping is not a common practice in Dundlod.
15. Health and Medical Information:
It is recommended to get vaccinated for common illnesses such as typhoid, hepatitis A and B, and tetanus before travelling to Dundlod. Medical facilities in Dundlod are limited and it is advisable to carry a first-aid kit with basic medicines and supplies.
16. Packing Tips for Dundlod:
• Lightweight and comfortable clothing: The temperature in Dundlod can get quite hot in the summer months, so lightweight and breathable clothing is recommended.
• Sunscreen and sunglasses: The sun can be quite intense in Dundlod, so make sure to pack sunscreen and sunglasses.
• A hat or scarf: A hat or scarf can be useful to protect yourself from the sun.
• Comfortable shoes: Comfortable shoes are essential for exploring the local streets and attractions in Dundlod.
17. To sum up:
Dundlod is a small town in Rajasthan, India, famous for its fort and palace, traditional cuisine, local festivals, and handicrafts. It is the perfect destination for a quick escape from the hustle and bustle of city life.