17 Things To Know Before Travelling to Fatehpur, Rajasthan, India
1. Destination Overview of Fatehpur:
Fatehpur is a small town in the Chittorgarh district of Rajasthan, India. It is known for its rich history and culture, and is known for its temples, forts, and palaces. It is also known for its colorful folk art and traditional handicrafts.
2. Top Activities to do in Fatehpur:
• Visit the Fatehpur Fort and Palace – The Fatehpur Fort and Palace are a must-see for tourists, as they are the best preserved sites in Fatehpur.
• Explore the Fatehpur Haveli – The Fatehpur Haveli is a beautiful monument that stands as a symbol of the city’s illustrious past.
• Explore the Fatehpur Jain Temple – The Fatehpur Jain Temple is a beautiful temple that is dedicated to the Jain religion.
• Visit the Fatehpur Palace Museum – The Fatehpur Palace Museum is a great place to learn about the history and culture of the city.
• Enjoy the colorful markets – The markets of Fatehpur are a great place to shop for traditional handicrafts and souvenirs.
• Enjoy the local cuisine – The local cuisine of Fatehpur is known for its delicious curries and savory snacks.
• Visit the Fatehpur Wildlife Sanctuary – The Fatehpur Wildlife Sanctuary is a great place to go for a nature walk and observe the local wildlife.
• Visit the Fatehpur Temples – The Fatehpur Temples are some of the oldest and most important temples in the city.
3. Best Places To Stay in Fatehpur:
• Luxury Places – Fatehpur Palace, Lake Breeze Resort, The Fatehpur Palace Hotel.
• Mid Range – Hotel Fatehpur Inn, Ranakpur Resort, Hotel Chittorgarh Palace.
• Budget Friendly – Hotel Fatehpur Palace, Fatehpur Guest House, Hotel Pooja.
4. How to Travel to Fatehpur?:
Fatehpur is easily accessible by road, rail and air. The nearest airport is the Udaipur Airport, which is around 100 km away. The nearest railway station is the Fatehpur Railway Station, which is connected to major cities in Rajasthan. There are also regular bus services from nearby cities like Udaipur, Jaipur, and Jodhpur.
5. Must Try Local Food and Drink in Fatehpur:
• Dal-Baati-Churma – A traditional Rajasthani dish that is made from lentils and wheat.
• Pyaaz Kachori – A snack made from fried dough filled with onion and spices.
• Gatte ki Sabzi – A spicy curry made from gram flour dumplings.
• Mirchi Bada – A deep-fried snack made from batter and chillies.
• Laal Maas – A spicy lamb curry.
• Bikaneri Bhujia – A popular snack made from gram flour.
• Ghevar – A sweet dessert made from flour, sugar and ghee.
• Mawa Kachori – A sweet snack made from mawa and flour.
• Kairi Ka Paan – A sweet and spicy snack made from tamarind.
6. Best Places to Eat in Fatehpur:
• Kaka Sweet House – Famous for its Mawa Kachori and Ghevar.
• Rajasthani Thali – A traditional restaurant that serves authentic Rajasthani cuisine.
• Faqir Kutir – Popular for its Mirchi Bada and Laal Maas.
• Bikaneri Bhujiawala – A popular restaurant that serves Bikaneri Bhujia.
• Fatehpur Haveli – A popular restaurant that serves traditional Rajasthani cuisine.
7. Weather and Climate:
Fatehpur has a warm and dry climate. Summers are hot and humid, with temperatures ranging from 25°C to 45°C. Winters are mild, with temperatures ranging from 10°C to 25°C. The best time to visit Fatehpur is from October to March.
8. Local Customs and Etiquette in Fatehpur:
Fatehpur is a conservative city and it is important to be respectful of local customs and etiquette. It is advisable to dress modestly and avoid public displays of affection. Women should also be aware that there may be restrictions on where they can go alone, especially after dark.
9. Popular Scams in Fatehpur:
Be aware of touts and scammers who may try to overcharge or sell counterfeit goods. It is best not to buy anything from street vendors without checking the quality first. Also, be aware of people who may try to take advantage of tourists by offering services at inflated prices.
10. Suggested Trip Duration:
A trip to Fatehpur should last at least three to four days to get a good overview of the city and its attractions.
11. Total Estimated Budget Per Person:
The total estimated budget per person for a three-day trip to Fatehpur is around INR 10,000. This includes accommodation, food, activities, and tickets.
12. NearBy Cities:
Fatehpur is located close to the cities of Udaipur (90 km), Jaipur (250 km), Jodhpur (300 km), and Ajmer (300 km).
13. Local Language and Communication in Fatehpur:
The official language of Fatehpur is Hindi, although English is also widely spoken. English speaking guides are available at tourist destinations, and they usually charge around INR 500 per hour.
14. Accepted Currency and Money:
The official currency of India is the Indian Rupee (INR). Major credit cards and debit cards are accepted in most places, and ATMs are also available in the city. Tipping is common in restaurants and cafes, and it is usually around 10-15% of the bill.
15. Health and Medical Information:
It is recommended to get the necessary vaccinations before travelling to Fatehpur. Medical facilities are available in the city, and there are also emergency services.
16. Packing Tips for Fatehpur:
It is advisable to pack light, comfortable clothing for the trip. It is also important to bring along a hat, sunglasses, sunscreen, and insect repellent.
17. To sum up:
Fatehpur is a small town in Rajasthan, India, known for its rich history and culture, and its temples, forts, and palaces. It is the perfect destination for those looking to explore the city’s vibrant culture, enjoy the local cuisine, and experience its colorful markets.