Gajner Wildlife Sanctuary, situated in the desert state of Rajasthan, is a popular tourist destination. It is known for its breathtaking landscape, exotic wildlife, and lush greenery. Here are 17 things to know before travelling to Gajner Wildlife Sanctuary:
1. Destination Overview of Gajner Wildlife Sanctuary:
Gajner Wildlife Sanctuary is located in Rajasthan, India, and is home to a wide variety of wildlife including migratory birds, avian species, blackbuck, wild boar, and the endangered chinkara. It is also known for its picturesque lakes, lush green forest, and majestic mountain ranges.
2. Top Activities to do in Gajner Wildlife Sanctuary:
• Boating: Enjoy the beauty of the lake and the wildlife with a boat ride.
• Bird Watching: Gajner Wildlife Sanctuary is home to a variety of migratory birds, making it an ideal spot for birdwatchers.
• Wildlife Tour: A guided tour of the sanctuary is available to view the various species of animals and birds.
• Nature Walk: Explore the beauty of the sanctuary on foot and take in the sights of the magnificent landscape.
• Photography: Capture the beauty of the sanctuary with your camera.
3. Best Places to Stay in Gajner Wildlife Sanctuary:
• Luxury Places: Gajner Palace Heritage Hotel, The Oberoi Rajvilas, VIVANTA by Taj, Kumbhalgarh.
• Mid Range: Hotel Jodhana Palace, Kumbhalgarh Wildlife Resort, Rs Hotel, Hotel Shivam Palace.
• Budget Friendly: Hotel Deolali, Hotel Vishal Palace, Hotel Kubeer, Hotel Royal Palace.
4. How to Travel to Gajner Wildlife Sanctuary?
Gajner Wildlife Sanctuary is easily accessible by road. It is located approximately 30 km from Bikaner and can be reached by taking a train or bus to Bikaner.
5. Must Try Local Food and Drink in Gajner Wildlife Sanctuary:
• Ghevar: A sweet dish made from all-purpose flour and sugar syrup, and is usually served during festivals.
• Dal-Baati-Churma: A popular Rajasthani dish made from lentils, bread, and a special sweet churma.
• Pyaaz Kachori: A popular snack made with fried dough stuffed with a spicy onion filling.
• Guar Ki Phalli: A sweet dish made from guar, sugar, and ghee.
• Gajar Ka Halwa: A sweet dish made from grated carrots, milk, sugar, and ghee.
6. Best Places to Eat in Gajner Wildlife Sanctuary:
• Gajner Palace: Famous for its delicious North Indian and Rajasthani cuisine.
• Kumbhalgarh Wildlife Resort: Popular for its excellent Rajasthani thali.
• Grand Rajasthani Thali: Offers a variety of delicious Rajasthani dishes.
• Go Rangoli: Serves traditional Rajasthani delicacies.
• Shree Panchvati: A popular restaurant for its delicious chaat, samosas, and other snacks.
7. Weather and Climate:
Gajner Wildlife Sanctuary has a temperate climate throughout the year. The best time to visit is from October to March, when the weather is pleasant and comfortable. It is advisable to avoid travelling to Gajner Wildlife Sanctuary from April to September, as the temperatures can be very high.
8. Local Customs and Etiquette in Gajner Wildlife Sanctuary:
When travelling to Gajner Wildlife Sanctuary, it is important to be aware of the local customs and etiquette. Some of the things to keep in mind include respecting local traditions, dressing appropriately, and avoiding public displays of affection. Tipping is not expected but it is customary to offer a small amount as a token of appreciation.
9. Popular Scams in Gajner Wildlife Sanctuary:
• Tour operators offering fake tours and excursions at inflated prices.
• Taxi drivers overcharging for their services.
• Street vendors selling counterfeit items at inflated prices.
• Pickpockets and scam artists.
10. Suggested Trip Duration:
The suggested trip duration for a first-time traveller to Gajner Wildlife Sanctuary is 3 to 4 days.
11. Total Estimated Budget Per Person:
Stay: INR 2,000 – 3,000 per night
Food: INR 500 – 1,000 per day
Activities: INR 500 – 2,000 per activity
Tickets: INR 200 – 500 per ticket
12. NearBy Cities:
• Bikaner: 30 km
• Jaipur: 350 km
• Jodhpur: 275 km
• Udaipur: 300 km
13. Local Language and Communication in Gajner Wildlife Sanctuary:
The official language of Gajner Wildlife Sanctuary is Hindi, but English is also spoken by some of the locals. English speaking guides are available at the sanctuary and their services can be hired for a nominal fee.
14. Accepted Currency and Money:
The official currency of India is the Indian Rupee (INR). Major credit cards are accepted in most places, and ATMs are available throughout the sanctuary. Tipping is not expected but it is customary to offer a small amount as a token of appreciation.
15. Health and Medical Information:
Travelers should take the necessary precautions to stay healthy and safe while travelling to Gajner Wildlife Sanctuary. It is advised to take out travel insurance, get vaccinated for common illnesses, and carry a first-aid kit. Medical facilities and emergency services are available in the sanctuary.
16. Packing Tips for Gajner Wildlife Sanctuary:
It is important to pack appropriately for a trip to Gajner Wildlife Sanctuary. Clothing should be light and comfortable, and include long-sleeved shirts and trousers, a hat, and sunglasses. Footwear should be sturdy and comfortable, and a first-aid kit should be carried at all times.
17. To sum up:
Gajner Wildlife Sanctuary is a beautiful destination with a unique landscape and exotic wildlife. It is a great place to explore and experience the culture and nature of Rajasthan.