17 Things To Know Before Travelling to Jaipur, Rajasthan, 302022
1. Destination Overview of Jaipur:
Jaipur is the capital of the Indian state of Rajasthan, known for its iconic pink-hued architecture, a World Heritage Site. It is home to the iconic Hawa Mahal palace, the City Palace complex, and the ancient Amber Fort. Jaipur also has a number of gardens, temples, and bustling markets.Best Places to Visit in Jaipur:
2. Top Activities to do in Jaipur:
• Visit the City Palace Complex
• Explore Amber Fort
• Shop in Johari Bazaar
• Spend an afternoon at Hawa Mahal
• Enjoy a show at Jantar Mantar
• Take a morning stroll in Ram Niwas Garden
• Watch a movie at Raj Mandir Cinema
• Visit Jaigarh Fort
• Enjoy a camel ride at Chokhi Dhani
• Take a tour of the Albert Hall Museum
3. Best Places To Stay in Jaipur:
• Luxury Places: Taj Rambagh Palace, The Oberoi Rajvilas, The Leela Palace
• Mid Range: Jaipur Marriott Hotel, Trident Hotels, Clarks Amer
• Budget Friendly: Hotel Jaipur Palace, Hotel Park Prime, Hotel Gulaab Niwas Palace
4. How to Travel to Jaipur?:
The city is well-connected by road, rail and air from all major cities in India. Jaipur International Airport is the nearest airport located at a distance of 13 km from the city centre. Jaipur Junction is the nearest railway station located at a distance of 1 km from the city centre. Also, one can take a bus or hire a cab to reach the city.
5. Must Try Local Food and Drink in Jaipur:
• Dal Baati Churma
• Mirchi Bada
• Pyaaz Kachori
• Churma Ladoo
• Papad ki Sabzi
• Mawa Kachori
• Mawa Kachori
• Kair Sangri
• Bajre ki Khichdi
• Moong Dal Halwa
6. Best Places to Eat in Jaipur:
• Handi Restaurant
• Brijwasi Bhojnalay
• DMB Restaurant
• Baradari at Narain Niwas Palace
• Suvarna Mahal
• Bar Palladio
• Rawat Kachori
7. Weather and Climate:
The best time to visit Jaipur is from October to March when the weather is pleasant and temperatures range between 15°C and 30°C. April and May are very hot and should be avoided. July to September are the monsoon months and the city experiences heavy rains.
8. Local Customs and Etiquette in Jaipur:
• Indian culture is conservative and one should dress modestly.
• Remove your shoes before entering religious sites.
• Don’t take photographs without permission.
• Bargaining is normal in the markets.
• Respect local culture, traditions and religious beliefs.
9. Popular Scams in Jaipur:
• Unnecessary gold buying from local jewelers.
• Unnecessary shopping from local shops.
• Overcharging from auto-rickshaws.
• Fake gemstone and souvenir shops.
• Fake guides offering bogus tours.
10. Suggested Trip Duration:
A 3-4 day trip is ideal for a first time visit to Jaipur.
11. Total Estimated Budget Per Person:
• Stay: INR 2,000 – INR 10,000
• Food: INR 500 – INR 2,000
• Activities: INR 500- INR 2,000
• Tickets: INR 500 – INR 2,000
12. NearBy Cities:
• Pushkar (142 km)
• Agra (239 km)
• Udaipur (417 km)
• Delhi (272 km)
• Bharatpur (182 km)
13. Local Language and Communication in Jaipur:
The official language of Jaipur is Hindi. English is also widely spoken in the city and guides are available in English to help tourists.
14. Accepted Currency and Money:
The local currency in Jaipur is Indian Rupee. Most of the shops and restaurants accept credit cards and debit cards. Tipping is not mandatory but is appreciated.
15. Health and Medical Information:
Jaipur has plenty of good hospitals and clinics. It is recommended to get vaccinated against Hepatitis A, Hepatitis B, and Typhoid.
16. Packing Tips for Jaipur:
Pack light cotton clothing and a light windcheater or jacket, comfortable walking shoes and sunglasses. Also, carry sunscreen, insect repellent and a hat.
17. To sum up:
Jaipur is a vibrant city in Rajasthan, renowned for its stunning pink-hued architecture, bustling markets, and iconic landmarks.