17 Things To Know Before Travelling to Kailadevi Wildlife Sanctuary, Rajasthan, 322212
1. Destination Overview of Kailadevi Wildlife Sanctuary:
Kailadevi Wildlife Sanctuary is located in the Karauli district of Rajasthan, India. It is home to a variety of wildlife including leopards, sloth bears, blue bulls, wild boar, sambar, chinkara, and spotted deer. The sanctuary also contains a variety of trees, shrubs, and grasses.
2. Top Activities to do in Kailadevi Wildlife Sanctuary:
• Bird Watching: Kailadevi Wildlife Sanctuary is a great place for bird watching. Bird enthusiasts can spot a variety of bird species including vultures, eagles, owls, and parakeets.
• Jungle Safari: Visitors can take a guided wildlife safari through the sanctuary. It is a great way to spot wildlife and learn about the flora and fauna of the area.
• Trekking: The sanctuary offers a variety of trekking trails, ranging from easy to difficult. Trekking is a great way to explore the sanctuary and spot wildlife.
• Camping: Camping is allowed in the sanctuary with permission from the forest department. It is a great way to explore the sanctuary and observe wildlife in their natural habitat.
• Picnicking: Picnics are allowed in the sanctuary with permission from the forest department.
3. Best Places To Stay in Kailadevi Wildlife Sanctuary:
• Luxury Places: Kailadevi Wildlife Resort, Ranthambhore Heritage Hotel, The Oberoi Vanyavilas.
• Mid Range: Ranthambhore Tiger Resort, Kailadevi Wildlife Resort, Tenta Resort.
• Budget Friendly: Ranthambhore Hill Resort, Ranthambhore Camps, Kailadevi Wildlife Resort.
4. How to Travel to Kailadevi Wildlife Sanctuary?:
The closest airport is Jaipur International Airport, located approximately 170 km away. The nearest railway station is Sawai Madhopur, located approximately 65 km away. Taxis and buses are available from the airport and railway station to reach the sanctuary.
5. Must Try Local Food and Drink in Kailadevi Wildlife Sanctuary:
• Dal-Baati-Choorma: A traditional Rajasthani dish made with lentils, wheat dumplings, and a sweet dish made with flour and clarified butter.
• Bajre-Ki-Roti: A traditional flatbread made with pearl millet flour.
• Pyaaz Kachori: A deep-fried snack made with onions, spices, and fried dough.
• Mawa Kachori: A deep-fried snack filled with sweetened mawa.
• Ker Sangri: A traditional Rajasthani dish made with dried keri (sour plum) and sangri (bean).
• Gulab Jamun: A sweet dessert made with milk solids, sugar, and cardamom.
• Ghevar: A traditional Rajasthani sweet made with flour, clarified butter, and sugar syrup.
• Kulfi: A traditional Indian ice cream made with cream and cardamom.
• Makhan Vada: A deep-fried snack made with lentils, garlic, and chili.
• Imarti: A sweet dessert made with sweetened urad dal and sugar syrup.
6. Best Places to Eat in Kailadevi Wildlife Sanctuary:
• Kailadevi Wildlife Resort – Try their Dal-Baati-Choorma.
• Ranthambhore Heritage Hotel – Try their Pyaaz Kachori.
• The Oberoi Vanyavilas – Try their Mawa Kachori.
• Ranthambhore Tiger Resort – Try their Ker Sangri.
• Ranthambhore Hill Resort – Try their Gulab Jamun.
• Ranthambhore Camps – Try their Ghevar.
• Tenta Resort – Try their Kulfi.
7. Weather and Climate:
The climate in Kailadevi Wildlife Sanctuary is hot and humid during the summer months from April to June, with temperatures reaching up to 40°C. The winter months from November to February are pleasant, with temperatures ranging from 10°C to 25°C. The best time to visit the sanctuary is from October to March.
8. Local Customs and Etiquette in Kailadevi Wildlife Sanctuary:
It is important to dress modestly and respectfully in the sanctuary. Visitors should also be aware that there is no alcohol allowed in the sanctuary.
9. Popular Scams in Kailadevi Wildlife Sanctuary:
Be wary of people offering to take you on a guided tour of the sanctuary. Make sure to book a tour through a reputable tour operator.
10. Suggested Trip Duration:
A 3-day trip is recommended for a first-time traveler to Kailadevi Wildlife Sanctuary.
11. Total Estimated Budget Per Person:
• Stay: Rs. 1000 – Rs. 5000
• Food: Rs. 500 – Rs. 1000
• Activities: Rs. 500 – Rs. 2000
• Tickets: Rs. 50 – Rs. 250
• Other: Rs. 500 – Rs. 1000
12. Nearby Cities:
• Jaipur: 170 km
• Bharatpur: 200 km
• Ajmer: 220 km
• Alwar: 240 km
• Udaipur: 280 km
13. Local Language and Communication in Kailadevi Wildlife Sanctuary:
The local language in Kailadevi Wildlife Sanctuary is Hindi. English is also widely spoken in the area.
14. Accepted Currency and Money:
The local currency in Kailadevi Wildlife Sanctuary is the Indian Rupee (INR). Credit cards and debit cards are accepted in some places, but it is advisable to carry cash. Tipping is not mandatory, but it is appreciated.
15. Health and Medical Information:
It is recommended that travelers be up to date on routine vaccinations before traveling to Kailadevi Wildlife Sanctuary. Medical facilities are available in the nearby cities.
16. Packing Tips for Kailadevi Wildlife Sanctuary:
Pack light, loose-fitting clothes and comfortable walking shoes. Don’t forget a hat, sunscreen, insect repellent, and a flashlight.
17. To sum up:
Kailadevi Wildlife Sanctuary is a great place to explore the wildlife and natural beauty of Rajasthan. With its diverse wildlife and breathtaking landscapes, it is a must-visit destination for any traveler.