Kumbhalgarh is a beautiful destination in India, located in Rajasthan. It is famous for its historical fort and majestic wildlife sanctuary. Here are 17 tips to keep in mind before planning a trip to Kumbhalgarh:
1. Destination Overview of Kumbhalgarh:
Kumbhalgarh is a small town in Rajasthan, India. It is famous for its 15th-century fort and wildlife sanctuary. The fort is one of the largest in Rajasthan and is a great example of Rajput architecture. Its beautiful landscape, picturesque views and its rich history make it a popular tourist destination.
2. Top Activities to do in Kumbhalgarh:
• Visit the Kumbhalgarh Fort – The fort is a great example of Rajput architecture and is one of the largest forts in Rajasthan.
• Explore the Kumbhalgarh Wildlife Sanctuary – The sanctuary is home to a variety of wildlife including panthers, sloth bears, and birds.
• Visit the Kumbhalgarh Palace – The palace is an impressive sight and showcases the opulence of the Rajputs.
• Visit the Kumbhalgarh Military Museum – The museum is a great place to learn about the history of the region.
• Enjoy Adventure Activities – Kumbhalgarh is home to a variety of adventure activities, including trekking, zip-lining and mountain biking.
3. Best Places To Stay in Kumbhalgarh:
• Luxury Places: Kumbhalgarh Fort Palace, The Kumbhal Palace, and The Royal Kumbhalgarh.
• Mid Range: Kumbhalgarh Resort, The Silver Resort, and The Golden Resort.
• Budget Friendly: The Kumbhalgarh Hotel, The Kumbhalgarh Hostel, and The Kumbhalgarh Inn.
4. How to Travel to Kumbhalgarh?:
The nearest airport to Kumbhalgarh is the Udaipur Airport, which is about 85 km away. The nearest railway station is the Kumbhalgarh Railway Station, which is about 3 km away. You can also take a bus from Udaipur or Jaipur to Kumbhalgarh.
5. Must Try Local Food and Drink in Kumbhalgarh:
• Dal Bati Churma – A traditional Rajasthani dish made with lentils, wheat balls and a spicy tomato gravy.
• Bajra Roti – A flatbread made with millet flour.
• Besan Gatte – A dish made with chickpea flour dumplings in a spicy yogurt sauce.
• Ker Sangri – A dish made with dried beans and a sour fruit.
• Laal Maas – A fiery mutton curry.
• Ghevar – A traditional Rajasthani sweet made with ghee and sugar syrup.
6. Best Places to Eat in Kumbhalgarh:
• Lal Maas Restaurant: A great place to try the local cuisine.
• The Kumbhalgarh Dhaba: A local eatery serving delicious local dishes.
• Kumbhalgarh Palace Restaurant: A fine dining experience at the Kumbhalgarh Palace.
• Marwari Thali: A great place to try the traditional Rajasthani thali.
• Kumbhalgarh Bhojanalay: Another local eatery serving delicious local dishes.
7. Weather and Climate:
The best time to visit Kumbhalgarh is from October to March. The summers are hot and dry and the winters are mild and pleasant. The temperature can drop to 5°C in the winter and can rise to 45°C in the summer.
8. Local Customs and Etiquette in Kumbhalgarh:
Kumbhalgarh has a rich culture and customs and it is important to respect them. It is important to dress modestly when visiting temples and holy sites and to remove your shoes when entering a home. It is also important to be aware of the local customs when it comes to eating, as some dishes are considered to be taboo.
9. Popular Scams in Kumbhalgarh:
• Unlicensed tour guides offering services at discounted rates.
• Unsolicited offers of help from strangers.
• Fake money changers offering poor exchange rates.
• Taxi drivers who take you to places where you can buy goods at inflated prices.
10. Suggested Trip Duration:
The suggested duration for a first-time traveler to Kumbhalgarh is 3 to 4 days.
11. Total Estimated Budget Per Person:
The estimated budget per person for a 3-day trip to Kumbhalgarh is INR 10,000. This includes Stay (INR 3,000), Food (INR 3,000), Activities (INR 3,000), and Tickets (INR 1,000).
12. Nearby Cities:
The nearby cities to Kumbhalgarh include Udaipur (85 km), Chittorgarh (90 km), Jaipur (282 km), and Jodhpur (260 km).
13. Local Language and Communication in Kumbhalgarh:
The official language spoken in Kumbhalgarh is Hindi. English is also widely spoken and there are English-speaking guides available at the tourist destinations.
14. Accepted Currency and Money:
The local currency in Kumbhalgarh is the Indian Rupee (INR). Credit and debit cards are widely accepted and ATMs are available in the city. Tipping is expected in restaurants and other services.
15. Health and Medical Information:
It is recommended to get the necessary vaccinations before travelling to Kumbhalgarh. There are medical facilities available in the city and emergency services are available 24/7.
16. Packing Tips for Kumbhalgarh:
It is important to pack light and comfortable clothing for the trip. Cotton clothing is recommended for the hot summers and light jackets for the cooler winters. Comfortable footwear is also recommended.
17. To sum up:
Kumbhalgarh is a beautiful destination in Rajasthan, India, famous for its historical fort, majestic wildlife sanctuary, and rich culture. A trip to Kumbhalgarh is a great way to experience the culture and history of the region.