, • any other formatting as needed,
Kumbhalgarh Wildlife Sanctuary in Rajasthan, India is a popular destination for travellers who enjoy outdoor activities and wildlife. Here are 17 things to know before travelling to Kumbhalgarh Wildlife Sanctuary:
1. Destination Overview of Kumbhalgarh Wildlife Sanctuary:
Kumbhalgarh Wildlife Sanctuary is located in Rajsamand district of Rajasthan, India. It is a protected wildlife sanctuary, known for its rich flora and fauna. The sanctuary is home to a variety of wildlife species including leopards, tigers, chital, wild boars, hyenas, sloth bears, cobras, vultures and more.
2. Top Activities to do in Kumbhalgarh Wildlife Sanctuary:
• Wildlife Safari: Enjoy a wildlife safari in the sanctuary and explore the beauty of the wildlife.
• Bird Watching: Look out for a variety of birds in the sanctuary, including vultures, kingfishers and more.
• Nature Walks: Take a nature walk through the sanctuary to explore its rich flora and fauna.
• Jeep Safaris: Enjoy a jeep safari to explore the sanctuary in depth.
• Camping: Spend a night at the campsite located in the sanctuary and enjoy the night sky.
• Trekking: Trek through the forest and explore the beauty of nature.
3. Best Places To Stay in Kumbhalgarh Wildlife Sanctuary:
Luxury Places: The Kumbhalgarh Fort Resort, Kumbhalgarh Jungle Lodge, Kumbhalgarh Wildlife Resort
Mid Range: Kumbhalgarh Camp, A Jakson Hotels and Resorts, The Grand Kumbhalgarh
Budget Friendly: Kumbhalgarh Jungle Camp, Kumbhalgarh Campsite, Wild Haven Resort
4. How to Travel to Kumbhalgarh Wildlife Sanctuary?
• By Air: The nearest airport is Maharana Pratap Airport in Udaipur, which is located at a distance of 90 km from Kumbhalgarh Wildlife Sanctuary.
• By Train: Udaipur Railway Station is the nearest railway station to Kumbhalgarh Wildlife Sanctuary and is located at a distance of 90 km.
• By Road: The sanctuary is well connected by road to the major cities of Rajasthan.
5. Must Try Local Food and Drink in Kumbhalgarh Wildlife Sanctuary:
• Dal Bati Churma: A popular Rajasthani dish made with wheat flour, gram flour and spices.
• Ghevar: A sweet dish made with flour, ghee and sugar.
• Laal Maas: A spicy mutton curry.
• Kachori: A deep-fried snack made with wheat flour and spices.
• Kheech: A sweet dish made with flour and sugar.
• Seasonal fruits: Dates, mangoes and watermelons are some of the seasonal fruits available during the summer months in Rajasthan.
6. Best Places to Eat in Kumbhalgarh Wildlife Sanctuary:
• Kumbhalgarh Safari Lodge: A multi-cuisine restaurant serving Indian, Chinese and Continental dishes.
• Rajwada Restaurant: A multi-cuisine restaurant serving local Rajasthani dishes.
• The Dining Room: A restaurant located inside the Kumbhalgarh Fort, serving Indian and Continental dishes.
• Kumbhalgarh Café: A café serving light snacks and beverages.
• Rajwada Café: A café serving light snacks and beverages.
7. Weather and Climate in Kumbhalgarh Wildlife Sanctuary:
Kumbhalgarh Wildlife Sanctuary experiences a hot and dry climate throughout the year. The best time to visit the sanctuary is during the winter months from October to March. The summer months of April to June are hot and dry and should be avoided.
8. Local Customs and Etiquette in Kumbhalgarh Wildlife Sanctuary:
• Dress appropriately when visiting the sanctuary.
• Avoid littering and do not disturb the wildlife.
• Respect the local culture and customs.
• Do not take any wild animals or plants from the sanctuary.
9. Popular Scams in Kumbhalgarh Wildlife Sanctuary:
• Overcharging for services: Some people may try to charge you more than the actual price for services such as safaris and jeep rides.
• Fake guides: Some people may offer to be your guide and charge you for it, but they are not actually qualified to do so.
10. Suggested Trip Duration:
A trip to Kumbhalgarh Wildlife Sanctuary can be planned for 3-4 days.
11. Total Estimated Budget Per Person:
The total estimated budget per person for a 3-4 day trip to Kumbhalgarh Wildlife Sanctuary would be Rs. 10,000-12,000. This includes stay, food, activities, tickets and other expenses.
12. NearBy Cities:
• Udaipur: 90 Km
• Chittorgarh: 80 Km
• Ajmer: 150 Km
• Pushkar: 190 Km
• Jaipur: 250 Km
13. Local Language and Communication in Kumbhalgarh Wildlife Sanctuary:
The local language spoken in Kumbhalgarh Wildlife Sanctuary is Hindi. English is also widely spoken in the sanctuary and guides are available who speak English.
14. Accepted Currency and Money:
The Indian rupee (INR) is the accepted currency in Kumbhalgarh Wildlife Sanctuary. Credit cards are accepted for payments in some places. Tipping is common in restaurants and taxis.
15. Health and Medical Information:
It is recommended to get vaccinated for hepatitis A and typhoid before travelling to Kumbhalgarh Wildlife Sanctuary. There are medical facilities available in the sanctuary and emergency services can be availed.
16. Packing Tips for Kumbhalgarh Wildlife Sanctuary:
• Pack comfortable, light-weight clothing and shoes.
• Pack a hat, sunglasses and sunscreen.
• Pack a flashlight and a first-aid kit.
• Pack insect repellent and anti-malarial tablets.
• Pack binoculars and a camera to capture the beauty of the wildlife.
17. To sum up:
Kumbhalgarh Wildlife Sanctuary is the perfect destination for wildlife lovers and adventure seekers. Enjoy a wildlife safari, bird watching, nature walks, jeep safaris and camping in the sanctuary and explore its rich flora and fauna.