17 Things To Know Before Travelling to Mahwa, Rajasthan, 323305
1. Destination Overview of Mahwa:
Mahwa is a town in the Rajasthan state of India and it is known for its beautiful temples, forts and enchanted hills. It is surrounded by the Aravalli Hills and is a popular tourist destination. The history of Mahwa is deeply rooted in the Rajput culture and it is known for its long tradition of hospitality and friendliness.
2. Top Activities to do in Mahwa:
• Visit the temples of Mahwa – the Sri Nathdwara temple and the Sri Thakurji temple are two of the most popular temples in Mahwa.
• Explore the forts of Mahwa – the Kumbhalgarh Fort and the Jaigarh Fort are two of the most popular forts in Mahwa.
• Explore the enchanted hills of Mahwa – the hills of Mahwa are known for their lush green vegetation and are a popular destination for trekking and hiking.
• Enjoy the wildlife of Mahwa – the wildlife of Mahwa is rich and diverse and is home to a number of species of birds, reptiles and mammals.
• Visit the nearby cities of Jaipur and Udaipur – these cities are a short drive away and offer a wealth of attractions for tourists.
3. Best Places To Stay in Mahwa:
• Luxury Places: The Oberoi Udaivilas, The Leela Palace Udaipur, Taj Lake Palace
• Mid Range: The Raj Palace, The Royal Retreat, The Tamara Hotel
• Budget Friendly: The Raj Plaza, The Royal Regency, The Royal Residency
4. How to Travel to Mahwa?:
The nearest airport is Jaipur International Airport, which is approximately 90 km away from Mahwa. The nearest railway station is Mahwa Road Railway Station, which is 4 km away from Mahwa. The nearest bus stand is Mahwa Bus Stand, which is 3 km away from Mahwa.
5. Must Try Local Food and Drink in Mahwa:
• Dahi Baati: This is a popular dish in Rajasthan where small balls of dough are cooked in a spicy gravy.
• Panchkuta: This is a traditional Rajasthani dish made of five different spices.
• Laal Maas: This is a spicy mutton curry popular in Rajasthan.
• Gatte ki Sabzi: This is a spicy curry made of gram flour dumplings.
• Mawa Kachori: This is a sweet dish made of mawa and served with a spicy chutney.
• Ghevar: This is a traditional Rajasthani sweet dish made of flour and sugar.
• Kesar Mango: This is a seasonal fruit available in the months of May and June.
6. Best Places to Eat in Mahwa:
• Chandra Mahal Restaurant: This restaurant is known for its authentic Rajasthani cuisine.
• Jaigarh Restaurant: This restaurant is popular for its traditional Rajasthani thalis.
• Kachori Wala: This is a popular street food joint known for its kachoris.
• Jodhpur Restaurant: This restaurant is known for its traditional Rajasthani dishes.
• Rajshree: This is a popular restaurant known for its vegetarian dishes.
7. Weather and Climate:
The best time to visit Mahwa is between October and March, when the weather is pleasant and the temperatures are cool. The summer months from April to June can be very hot and humid. The monsoon months from July to September receive heavy rainfall.
8. Local Customs and Etiquette in Mahwa:
It is important to be aware of local customs and etiquette while travelling to Mahwa. It is important to dress conservatively and respect local customs. It is also important to be aware of local laws and regulations.
9. Popular Scams in Mahwa:
It is important to be aware of common scams in Mahwa, such as overcharging for goods and services, pickpocketing, and money exchange scams. It is also important to be aware of fake guides who may try to take advantage of tourists.
10. Suggested Trip Duration:
The suggested trip duration to Mahwa is 4-5 days. This should give travellers enough time to explore the attractions of Mahwa and the nearby cities.
11. Total Estimated Budget Per Person:
The estimated budget per person for a 4-5 days trip to Mahwa is approximately INR 5000 – INR 7000, depending on the type of accommodation and activities chosen.
12. NearBy Cities:
• Jaipur: 90 km
• Udaipur: 160 km
• Kota: 180 km
• Ajmer: 200 km
13. Local Language and Communication in Mahwa:
The local language in Mahwa is Hindi. English is also widely spoken in Mahwa. English-speaking guides are available at many tourist attractions.
14. Accepted Currency and Money:
The local currency in Mahwa is the Indian Rupee (INR). Credit cards and Debit cards are widely accepted in Mahwa. Tipping is not compulsory but is appreciated.
15. Health and Medical Information:
It is recommended to take out travel insurance before travelling to Mahwa. Vaccinations against common illnesses such as Typhoid and Hepatitis A are recommended. Local medical facilities and emergency services are available in Mahwa.
16. Packing Tips for Mahwa:
It is important to pack appropriate clothing, footwear, and accessories for Mahwa, depending on the season. Light cotton clothing is recommended for the summer months and warm clothing is recommended for the winter months.
17. To sum up:
Mahwa is a beautiful town in Rajasthan known for its temples, forts, enchanted hills, and rich culture. It is the perfect destination for those looking for a unique and memorable holiday experience.