17 Things To Know Before Travelling to Mahwa, Rajasthan, India
1. Destination Overview of Mahwa:
Mahwa is a town in the Dausa district of Rajasthan. It is a small but vibrant city known for its palaces, temples, and historical monuments. It is also an important pilgrimage site for Hindus. Mahwa is home to many tourist attractions and activities, such as shopping, sightseeing, nature walks, and a variety of cultural experiences.
2. Top Activities to do in Mahwa:
• Shopping: Mahwa offers a wide range of shopping options, from traditional markets to modern shopping malls. There are many shops selling traditional Rajasthani handicrafts and garments.
• Sightseeing: Mahwa has numerous historical monuments and forts that are worth exploring. Popular attractions include the Mahwa Fort, Mahwa Palace, and Mahwa Temple.
• Nature Walks: Mahwa has many scenic spots and parks. Popular places for nature walks include the Mahwa Lake and the surrounding forests.
• Cultural Experiences: Mahwa has many festivals and cultural events throughout the year. The Mahwa Mela, held every year in December, is one of the most popular festivals.
3. Best Places To Stay in Mahwa:
• Luxury Places: Hotel Ajit Bhawan, The Oberoi Rajvilas, Jai Mahal Palace
• Mid Range: Hotel Atithi Palace, Hotel Mahwa, Hotel Navratan Palace
• Budget Friendly: Hotel Roop Niwas, Hotel Aanand, Hotel Gayatri
4. How to Travel to Mahwa?:
Mahwa is easily accessible by air, rail, and road. The nearest airport is Jaipur International Airport, which is about 100 km away. The nearest railway station is Sawai Madhopur Railway Station, which is about 30 km away. There are regular bus services from major cities in Rajasthan and nearby states.
5. Must Try Local Food and Drink in Mahwa:
• Kachoris: Deep-fried puff pastry filled with a mixture of lentils, spices, and herbs.
• Aloo Bhujia: Fried potato slices mixed with spices and herbs.
• Kair Sangari: Rajasthani delicacy made with kair (a type of edible cactus), onion, tomato, chili, and spices.
• Dal Bafla: A delicacy made with lentils, spices, and herbs.
• Rajasthani Thali: A traditional Rajasthani meal consisting of several dishes served on a platter.
• Ghevar: A traditional sweet dish made with flour, sugar, and ghee.
• Kulfi: A traditional Indian ice cream made with milk, sugar, and nuts.
• Mango Season: July to August is the best time to try the local mangoes.
6. Best Places to Eat in Mahwa:
• Hotel Rajwada: Try their Dal Bafla and Kachori.
• Punjab Sweets: Try their Ghevar, Kulfi and Rajasthani Thali.
• Hotel Navratan Palace: Try their traditional Rajasthani Cuisine.
• Hotel Gayatri: Try their Aloo Bhujia and Kair Sangari.
• Hotel Atithi Palace: Try their Mango Lassi and Rajasthani Thali.
7. Weather and Climate:
Mahwa has a hot semi-arid climate. Summers are hot and dry with temperatures ranging from 25-45 degrees Celsius. Winters are mild and pleasant with temperatures ranging from 15-25 degrees Celsius. The best time to visit Mahwa is during the winter months from October to March.
8. Local Customs and Etiquette in Mahwa:
• Dress conservatively. Women should cover their arms and legs.
• Respect the local customs and religion.
• Avoid public displays of affection.
• Do not take photos without permission.
• Tipping is appreciated but not mandatory.
9. Popular Scams in Mahwa:
• Fake Currency: Be wary of accepting fake currency.
• Overcharging: Be aware of the prices of goods and services before making a purchase.
• Unlicensed Taxis: Be sure to use licensed and insured taxis.
10. Suggested Trip Duration:
A minimum of 3 days is recommended for a first-time traveler to Mahwa.
11.Total Estimated Budget Per Person:
Stay: INR 2000-5000, Food: INR 1000-2000, Activities: INR 500-1000, Tickets: INR 500-1000, Any other: INR 500-1000
12. NearBy Cities:
Jaipur (90 km), Udaipur (450 km), Pushkar (150 km), Ajmer (135 km), Jodhpur (380 km)
13. Local Language and Communication in Mahwa:
The local language of Mahwa is Hindi and Rajasthani. English is widely spoken and understood. Tour guides are available at many tourist attractions and they can speak English.
14. Accepted Currency and Money:
The local currency in India is the Indian Rupee (INR). Credit cards and debit cards are widely accepted. Tipping is appreciated but not mandatory.
15. Health and Medical Information:
There are several medical facilities in Mahwa. It is recommended to get vaccinated before travelling. Be sure to drink only safe and clean water.
16. Packing Tips for Mahwa:
Pack lightweight, comfortable clothes and comfortable shoes. A hat and sunglasses are recommended for hot days. Bring mosquito repellent and sunscreen.
17. To sum up:
Mahwa is a vibrant town in Rajasthan known for its palaces, temples, and historical monuments, where visitors can explore the unique culture and culinary delights.