and an overall summary of what the article is about
Nathdwara is a small town located in Rajasthan, India. It is famous for its picturesque landscapes, rich culture, and spiritual significance. With this travel guide, you will get to know the top activities to do in Nathdwara, best places to stay, local food and drink, how to travel to Nathdwara, popular scams, suggested trip duration, total estimated budget per person, nearby cities, local language and communication, accepted currency and money, health and medical information, and packing tips.
17 Things To Know Before Travelling to Nathdwara, Rajasthan, 313301
1. Destination Overview of Nathdwara:
Nathdwara is located in the Aravalli hills of Rajasthan, India. It is a small town that is best known for its spiritual significance, especially the Shrinathji Temple, the most important temple of Lord Krishna in India. The picturesque landscape and rich cultural heritage make Nathdwara a popular tourist destination.
2. Top Activities to do in Nathdwara:
• Visit the Shrinathji Temple – The most important temple of Lord Krishna in India, the Shrinathji Temple is a must-visit in Nathdwara.
• See the paintings of Nathdwara – The town is famous for its miniature paintings and traditional art.
• Explore the Havelis (mansions) – The havelis of Nathdwara are home to some of the most exquisite paintings and artworks.
• Shop at the local markets – You can buy traditional Rajasthani attire, jewelry, and souvenirs from the local markets.
• Watch a puppet show – Puppet shows are a popular form of entertainment in Nathdwara.
• Enjoy a boat ride on Lake Pushkar – Take a boat ride on Lake Pushkar and enjoy the spectacular views.
• Visit the Badi Kothi – The Badi Kothi palace is a must-visit for its grand architecture and stunning views.
• Enjoy a camel ride – You can take a camel ride and explore the desert landscape of Nathdwara.
3. Best Places To Stay in Nathdwara:
• Luxury: Shrinathji Desert Camp, Deoki Niwas Palace, Ananta Spa & Resort
• Mid Range: Hotel Sun Palace, Hotel Welcome Palace, Hotel Vikram Palace
• Budget Friendly: Hotel Gopal Palace, Hotel Shrinathji, Hotel The Palace Heritage
4. How to Travel to Nathdwara?:
Nathdwara is well connected to the major cities in Rajasthan. The nearest airport is Udaipur, which is about 90 km away. The nearest railway station is Mavli Junction, which is about 11 km from Nathdwara. You can also take a bus from the major cities of Rajasthan to reach Nathdwara.
5. Must Try Local Food and Drink in Nathdwara:
• Churma – A sweet dish made with wheat flour and ghee.
• Pyaaz Kachori – A traditional deep-fried snack made with onions and spices.
• Dal Baati Churma – A popular Rajasthani dish made with lentils, wheat cakes, and ghee.
• Laal Maas – A spicy mutton curry made with red chillies and curd.
• Bajre ki roti – A flatbread made with millet flour.
• Kairi ka Panna – A refreshing summer drink made with raw mangoes and spices.
• Aam ka Panna – A sweet and tangy drink made with raw mangoes and jaggery.
• Ghevar – A traditional Rajasthani sweet made with ghee, flour, and sugar.
6. Best Places to Eat in Nathdwara:
• Shri Thakurji Restaurant – This is the best place to try traditional Rajasthani cuisine.
• Kachari Restaurant – This restaurant is known for its delicious kachoris and pyaaz kachoris.
• Raj Mahal Restaurant – This is the place to go for delectable vegetarian dishes.
• Maharaja Restaurant – This restaurant serves some of the best local dishes in Nathdwara.
• Gulab Sweets – This is the place to go for some of the best sweets and snacks in town.
7. Weather and Climate:
Nathdwara has a semi-arid climate with hot summers and mild winters. The best time to visit is from October to March when the weather is pleasant. Avoid travelling here in the summer months of April to June as the temperature can get very high.
8. Local Customs and Etiquette in Nathdwara:
Nathdwara is a culturally rich town and it is important to be aware of the local customs and etiquette. Women should cover their heads and arms while visiting temples. It is also important to dress modestly in public places. Tipping is not expected but appreciated.
9. Popular Scams in Nathdwara:
• Fake guides – Be aware of fake guides who offer their services at tourist attractions.
• Overcharging – Be mindful of vendors who may overcharge for goods and services.
• Fake souvenirs – Be aware of vendors who may sell fake souvenirs at tourist attractions.
10. Suggested Trip Duration:
The suggested trip duration for a first-time traveler to Nathdwara is 3 days.
11. Total Estimated Budget Per Person:
Stay: INR 2500-3000
Food: INR 1000-1500
Activities: INR 500-1000
Tickets: INR 500-700
12. NearBy Cities:
• Udaipur – 90 km
• Rajsamand – 50 km
• Chittorgarh – 80 km
• Bhilwara – 100 km
• Bundi – 130 km
13. Local Language and Communication in Nathdwara:
The official language of Nathdwara is Hindi. English is also widely spoken and understood. Some common phrases in Hindi that travelers should know are “namaste” (hello), “dhanyavad” (thank you), and “maaf kijiye” (excuse me).
14. Accepted Currency and Money:
The local currency in Nathdwara is the Indian Rupee. Credit cards and debit cards are accepted at most hotels and restaurants. Tipping is not expected but appreciated.
15. Health and Medical Information:
There are no specific health and medical requirements for travelling to Nathdwara. However, it is recommended to carry a basic first-aid kit and your prescription medicines.
16. Packing Tips for Nathdwara:
When packing for Nathdwara, make sure to bring clothing that is light and breathable. It is also important to bring comfortable walking shoes and a hat for protection from the sun. Don’t forget to bring your sunscreen and sunglasses as well.
17. To sum up:
Nathdwara is a small town in Rajasthan that is famous for its spiritual significance and picturesque landscapes. With its rich culture, unique cuisine, and stunning views, Nathdwara is a must-visit destination for any traveler.