17 Things To Know Before Travelling to Phulera, Rajasthan, 301707
1. Destination Overview of Phulera:
Phulera is a small town located in the Jaipur district of Rajasthan. It is a major stop for pilgrims on their way to Pushkar during the Pushkar Fair. It is a popular tourist destination for its picturesque landscapes, colourful festivals, and rich culture. Phulera is known for its historic forts and temples, and is an ideal spot for bird watching and wildlife photography.
2. Top Activities to do in Phulera:
• Visit the historic forts and temples in Phulera.
• Enjoy the colourful festivals like Pushkar Fair and Teej.
• Explore the local markets and shops.
• Go bird watching and wildlife photography in the nearby forests.
• Go on a camel safari or jeep safari.
• Go sand dune bashing in the Thar Desert.
• Enjoy a boat ride at the Mansagar Lake.
3. Best Places To Stay in Phulera:
• Luxury Places: The Oberoi Rajvilas, The Raj Palace, Taj Rambagh Palace.
• Mid Range: Hotel Park Prime, Hotel Grand, The Grand Thar.
• Budget Friendly: Hotel City Palace, Hotel Golden Palace, Hotel Pushkar Palace.
4. How to Travel to Phulera?:
The nearest airport to Phulera is the Jaipur International Airport, which is about 68 km away. The nearest railway station is the Phulera Junction, which is about 1 km away. The best way to get around Phulera is by hiring a taxi, auto rickshaw, or a tuk-tuk.
5. Must Try Local Food and Drink in Phulera:
• Dal Batti Churma
• Subzi Biryani
• Gatte Ki Sabzi
• Laal Maas
• Mawa Kachori
• Bajre Ka Khichda
• Mawa Kachori
• Rajasthani Kadhi
• Makhan Vade
• Ker Sangri
6. Best Places to Eat in Phulera:
• Sharma Restaurant (Try their Dal Batti Churma)
• Hotel Om Palace (Try their Subzi Biryani)
• Rambhag Restaurant (Try their Makhan Vade)
• The Rajasthali (Try their Gatte Ki Sabzi)
• Bikaner Bhujia (Try their Laal Maas)
7. Weather and Climate:
Phulera has a hot and semi-arid climate with temperatures ranging from 10°C to 45°C throughout the year. The best time to visit Phulera is from November to March, when the temperatures are cooler. It is advised to avoid travelling to Phulera during the monsoon season from July to September due to the heavy rainfall.
8. Local Customs and Etiquette in Phulera:
It is important to dress modestly and be respectful of the local customs and traditions. It is important to remove your shoes before entering a temple or a mosque, and women should cover their heads when entering a religious site. Tipping is not common in Phulera and is not expected.
9. Popular Scams in Phulera:
• Be wary of street vendors offering cheap goods as they may be counterfeit or of poor quality.
• Be aware of people offering to exchange currency at a better rate than the official rate.
• Be cautious of people offering free rides or discounts as they may be trying to scam you.
10. Suggested Trip Duration:
A first time traveler to Phulera should plan for at least 3 days to explore the forts, temples, and local markets.
11. Total Estimated Budget Per Person:
Stay: INR 1000 – 5000
Food: INR 500 – 2000
Activities: INR 500 – 1000
Tickets: INR 500 – 2000
12. NearBy Cities:
• Jaipur (68 km)
• Pushkar (135 km)
• Ajmer (160 km)
• Udaipur (255 km)
• New Delhi (305 km)
13. Local Language and Communication in Phulera:
The official language spoken in Phulera is Hindi. English is not widely spoken, but there are English speaking guides available at most tourist destinations.
14. Accepted Currency and Money:
The official currency of India is the Indian Rupee (INR). Credit cards are accepted at most hotels and restaurants. It is advised to carry some cash as well. Tipping is not common in Phulera and is not expected.
15. Health and Medical Information:
It is advised to get vaccinated for Hepatitis A and Typhoid before travelling to Phulera. There are several hospitals and medical centers in the town for any health-related emergencies.
16. Packing Tips for Phulera:
It is important to pack light and comfortable clothing as the temperatures can be quite high during the summer months. Comfortable footwear and a hat are also recommended. It is advised to carry a few extra cash, a first aid kit, and any necessary medicines.
17. To sum up:
Phulera is a popular tourist destination in Rajasthan, known for its historic forts, temples, and colourful festivals. A first time traveler should plan for at least 3 days to explore the area and experience its rich culture, along with trying the local cuisine and activities.