17 Things To Know Before Travelling to Ramgarh, Rajasthan, 321024
1. Destination Overview of Ramgarh:
Ramgarh is a small village in the Ajmer district of Rajasthan. The village is known for its beautiful temples, lush green hills, and picturesque views. It is one of the most popular destinations for sightseeing and adventure sports in Rajasthan. It is a great place to explore the local culture, traditions, and history.
2. Top Activities to do in Ramgarh:
• Go Sightseeing: Visit the various temples and monuments in Ramgarh, such as the Ramgarh Palace, the Jain Temple, and the Mataji Temple.
• Trekking and Hiking: Explore the lush green hills and valleys of the Aravalli Range.
• Bird Watching: Watch the variety of birds that inhabit the area, including the peacocks, mynahs, and eagles.
• Cultural Tour: Take a trip to the local villages and explore the traditional culture and lifestyle of the people.
• Camel Safari: Enjoy the sunset on a camel safari and witness the beauty of the desert landscape.
• Adventure Sports: Experience the thrill of paragliding, rock climbing, and rappelling.
3. Best Places To Stay in Ramgarh:
• Luxury Places: Ramgarh Palace, The Grand Bherwa, and The Leela Palace
• Mid Range: The Country Inn & Suites, The Ramgarh Lodge, and The Rani Mahal
• Budget Friendly: Hotel Sonar, Hotel Bhanwar Vilas, and The Lord’s Inn
4. How to Travel to Ramgarh?:
The nearest airport to Ramgarh is Jaipur International Airport, located about 170 km away. The nearest railway station is Ramgarh Railway Station, located about 20 km away. The best way to get around Ramgarh is by hiring a taxi or auto-rickshaw.
5. Must Try Local Food and Drink in Ramgarh:
• Pyaaz Kachori: A popular breakfast dish made with onions, spices, and flour.
• Lal Maans: A spicy lamb curry made with red chili, garlic, and yogurt.
• Baajre ki Roti: A traditional flatbread made with millet flour.
• Ghevar: A sweet dish made with flour, sugar, and ghee.
• Kesar Mango: A seasonal fruit, popular for its sweet and juicy flavor.
• Laal Maas: A spicy goat curry made with red chillies and yogurt.
• Mawa Kachori: A deep-fried snack filled with sweetened mawa.
6. Best Places to Eat in Ramgarh:
• Balaji Restaurant: Famous for its delicious Rajasthani thali and lal maas.
• Bikanervala: Popular for its North Indian and South Indian cuisine.
• Panchvati Gaurav: Offers a variety of vegetarian and non-vegetarian dishes.
• Cafe Chokhi Dhani: Specializes in traditional Rajasthani cuisine.
• Ramgarh Haveli: Famous for its lip-smacking Rajasthani delicacies.
• Gopal Sweets: A popular spot for its delicious sweets and snacks.
7. Weather and Climate:
Ramgarh has a hot and dry climate. The best time to visit is from October to March, when temperatures are pleasant and the weather is ideal for sightseeing and outdoor activities. It is advisable to avoid visiting during the summer months (April to June), when temperatures are unbearably hot.
8. Local Customs and Etiquette in Ramgarh:
It is important to be mindful of local customs and etiquette, such as avoiding public displays of affection. It is also important to be respectful of the local culture and traditions. Dress modestly, and avoid wearing revealing clothing.
9. Popular Scams in Ramgarh:
• Fake Tour Guides: Some locals may try to pass themselves off as tour guides and charge exorbitant fees for their services.
• Unlicensed Drivers: Unlicensed drivers may try to overcharge tourists for their services.
• Fake Currency: Be aware of fake currency, as it is a common scam in the area.
• Overcharging: Some shopkeepers may try to overcharge tourists for their goods.
10. Suggested Trip Duration:
An ideal trip to Ramgarh should be of 3 to 4 days.
11. Total Estimated Budget Per Person:
• Stay: INR 1500 – INR 2000
• Food: INR 500 – INR 1000
• Activities: INR 500 – INR 1000
• Tickets: INR 500 – INR 1000
12. NearBy Cities:
• Ajmer: 73 km
• Pushkar: 83 km
• Kishangarh: 88 km
• Jaipur: 170 km
• Udaipur: 217 km
13. Local Language and Communication in Ramgarh:
The official language in Ramgarh is Hindi. English is also widely spoken in the area. Some common phrases that travelers should know are:
• Namaste: Hello
• Dhanyavaad: Thank you
• Kripyaa: Please
14. Accepted Currency and Money:
The official currency in Ramgarh is the Indian Rupee (INR). Tipping is not expected, but appreciated.
15. Health and Medical Information:
It is advisable to get vaccinated against common illnesses such as hepatitis A and B, typhoid, and rabies before travelling to Ramgarh. There are several hospitals and medical centers in the area, so medical care is easily accessible.
16. Packing Tips for Ramgarh:
When packing for your trip to Ramgarh, make sure to bring light, loose-fitting clothing, comfortable shoes, and a hat to protect yourself from the sun. Also, make sure to bring a scarf or shawl to cover your head when visiting temples.
17. To sum up:
Ramgarh is a small village in Rajasthan, known for its beautiful temples, lush green hills, and picturesque views. It is the perfect destination for sightseeing, adventure sports, and exploring the local culture.