17 Things To Know Before Travelling to Sarada, Rajasthan, 321117
1. Destination Overview of Sarada:
Sarada is a small town located in the Bundi district of Rajasthan, India. It is known for its ancient temples, forts, and monuments. The town has a rich history and culture, and is a great destination for those looking for a cultural experience. It is a popular tourist destination and is known for its vibrant colors, traditional Rajasthani cuisine, and cultural activities.
2. Top Activities to do in Sarada:
• Visit the Bundi Fort – The Bundi Fort is one of the most popular attractions in Sarada. The fort is a beautiful structure with impressive architecture and stunning views of the town.
• Explore the Sarada Temple – The Sarada Temple is a must-visit destination when you are in Sarada. It is a beautiful temple with intricate carvings and sculptures.
• Go on a Safari – Sarada is home to a number of wildlife sanctuaries and national parks. Go on a safari and explore the wilds of Rajasthan.
• Visit the Umed Bhawan Palace – The Umed Bhawan Palace is a stunning palace with a beautiful garden. It is a great spot for a picnic and a perfect spot for photography.
• Take a Camel Ride – Take a camel ride and explore the sand dunes of Sarada.
• Visit the Bhimtal Lake – The Bhimtal Lake is an artificial lake and is a great spot for a relaxing day. You can take a boat ride and enjoy the views of the lake.
• Go on a Shopping Spree – Sarada is known for its vibrant markets and shopping hubs. Go on a shopping spree and take back souvenirs for your loved ones.
3. Best Places To Stay in Sarada:
• Luxury Places: Viceroy Hotel, Rajasthan Hotel, and The Grand Sarada.
• Mid Range: The Grand Sarada, Sarada Lake View Hotel, and The Heritage Hotel.
• Budget Friendly: Hotel Sarada, The Heritage Hotel, and Sarada Lake View Hotel.
4. How to Travel to Sarada?:
The nearest airport is Kota Airport, which is about 50 km from Sarada. The nearest railway station is Bundi Railway Station, which is about 11 km from Sarada. You can also take a bus from nearby cities such as Jaipur, Udaipur, and Jodhpur to reach Sarada.
5. Must Try Local Food and Drink in Sarada:
• Dal Baati Churma – a traditional Rajasthani dish made with lentils and wheat.
• Laal Maas – a spicy dish made with red chilli and mutton.
• Mirchi Vada – a deep-fried snack made with potato and chilli.
• Gatte Ki Sabzi – a dish made with gram flour dumplings and spices.
• Bajra Khichdi – a dish made with millet and lentils.
• Rajasthani Kadhi – a curry made with yogurt, gram flour, and spices.
• Mawa Kachori – a deep-fried snack made with mawa and spices.
• Ghevar – a sweet dish made with condensed milk and ghee.
• Kalmi Vada – a deep-fried snack made with gram flour and spices.
• Kesar Lassi – a yogurt-based drink made with saffron and nuts.
6. Best Places to Eat in Sarada:
• Bundi Village Restaurant – a local restaurant known for its traditional Rajasthani dishes.
• Rajasthan Hotel – a popular hotel known for its traditional Rajasthani cuisine.
• The Grand Sarada – a fine dining restaurant known for its multi-cuisine menu.
• Sarada Lake View Hotel – a popular restaurant known for its traditional Rajasthani dishes.
• Umed Bhawan Palace – a popular hotel known for its traditional Rajasthani dishes.
7. Weather and Climate:
The best time to visit Sarada is during the winter months of October to March, as the weather is pleasant and cool. Avoid visiting in the summer months of April to June as the temperature can be very high.
8. Local Customs and Etiquette in Sarada:
In Sarada, the locals speak Hindi and Rajasthani, so it is advisable to learn some basic phrases in the local language to communicate with the locals. It is also important to dress modestly, as the locals prefer to dress conservatively.
9. Popular Scams in Sarada:
• Fake Tour Guides – Be wary of any tour guides who approach you and offer to show you around the city.
• Overcharging Hotels – Be aware of hotels that overcharge you for your stay.
• Fake Taxis – Be aware of any taxis that offer you a ‘special’ rate and then ask for more money at the end of the ride.
• Pickpockets – Be aware of pickpockets in crowded areas.
10. Suggested Trip Duration:
Sarada is a great place for a weekend getaway, and the ideal duration for a trip to Sarada is 3-4 days.
11. Total Estimated Budget Per Person:
The total estimated budget per person for a 3-4 day trip to Sarada is approximately INR 10,000 – 15,000. This includes your stay, food, activities, and tickets.
12. NearBy Cities:
• Bundi – 11 km
• Kota – 50 km
• Jaipur – 248 km
• Udaipur – 241 km
• Jodhpur – 292 km
13. Local Language and Communication in Sarada:
The official language spoken in Sarada is Hindi and Rajasthani. Common phrases that travelers should know are ‘Namaste’ (hello), ‘Shukriya’ (thank you), and ‘Kya aap angrezi boli sakte hain?’ (Do you speak English?) English-speaking guides are available at the tourist destinations and they usually charge around INR 500-1000 per day.
14. Accepted Currency and Money:
The local currency in Sarada is the Indian Rupee (INR). US Dollar (USD) and Euro (EUR) are also accepted at most places. Credit cards are accepted at most places. Tipping is not expected but appreciated.
15. Health and Medical Information:
It is recommended to get vaccinated against Hepatitis A and B, and Typhoid before travelling to Sarada. There are several medical facilities and hospitals in Sarada, as well as emergency services.
16. Packing Tips for Sarada:
Be sure to pack light, comfortable clothes that are suitable for the warm climate. Include comfortable walking shoes and a hat to protect you from the sun. Be sure to bring insect repellent to ward off mosquitoes and other bugs.
17. To sum up:
Sarada offers a unique cultural experience with its ancient temples, forts, monuments and vibrant markets. With its traditional Rajasthani cuisine, rich culture, and vibrant colors, Sarada is a great destination for a weekend getaway.