17 Things To Know Before Travelling to Sariska National Park, Rajasthan, 301414
1. Destination Overview of Sariska National Park:
Sariska National Park is a wildlife reserve located in the Alwar district of Rajasthan, India. It is one of the few tiger reserves in India and is known for its rich flora and fauna. It is surrounded by the Aravalli Range and is home to many wildlife species, including tigers, leopards, chinkaras, sambars, Indian hares, and wild boars.
2. Top Activities to do in Sariska National Park:
• Safari Tours: Safari tours are a popular activity in Sariska National Park, where visitors can go on a jeep-ride through the park and spot wildlife.
• Bird Watching: Sariska National Park is home to a wide variety of birds, such as peafowls, partridges, and eagles.
• Nature Walks: Nature walks are a great way to explore the park and its surroundings.
• Night Camping: Visitors can enjoy night camping in the park and observe nocturnal animals like jackals and hyenas.
• Cultural Tours: Cultural tours are available to explore the nearby villages and learn about the local culture.
3. Best Places To Stay in Sariska National Park:
• Luxury Places: The Sariska Palace, Sariska Tiger Heaven Resort, and Sariska Tiger Camp Resort are some of the best luxury resorts in the area.
• Mid Range: The Sariska Resort, Camp Safari Resort, and Sariska Wildlife Retreat are some of the best mid-range resorts in the area.
• Budget Friendly: The Sariska Jungle Lodge, Sariska Camp & Resort, and Tiger Hill Resort are some of the best budget-friendly resorts in the area.
4. How to Travel to Sariska National Park?:
The nearest airport to Sariska National Park is Jaipur International Airport, located approximately 107 km away. The nearest railway station is Alwar Station, located approximately 16 km away. Visitors can also take a bus from Alwar to Sariska National Park. Taxis and rental cars are also available for hire.
5. Must Try Local Food and Drink in Sariska National Park:
• Dal-Bati-Churma: A traditional Rajasthani dish made with lentils, wheat flour balls and ghee.
• Kachoris: Fried pastries filled with a spicy lentil mixture.
• Ghevar: A sweet dessert made with flour, ghee, and sugar syrup.
• Makhaniya Lassi: A tangy yogurt-based drink.
• Bael Ka Sharbat: A refreshing drink made with the bael fruit.
• Gajak: A sweet snack made with sesame seeds.
• Bajra Khichdi: A traditional dish made with millet and vegetables.
• Dungar Ka Halwa: A sweet dish made with semolina and dry fruits.
• Ker Sangri: A spicy dish made with dried beans and wild berries.
6. Best Places to Eat in Sariska National Park:
• Tiger Den Resort Restaurant: A popular restaurant serving North Indian cuisine.
• Tiger Hill Resort Restaurant: Popular for its wide selection of snacks and desserts.
• Sariska Palace Restaurant: A popular restaurant serving traditional Rajasthani cuisine.
• Sariska Safari Camp Restaurant: A popular restaurant serving North Indian, South Indian, and Chinese cuisine.
• Sariska Tiger Heaven Resort Restaurant: A popular restaurant serving North Indian and South Indian cuisine.
7. Weather and Climate:
The climate in Sariska National Park is hot and dry throughout the year, but the months between October and March are the best time to visit. During this period, the temperatures are mild and the park is lush with greenery. It is best to avoid the summer months, when the temperatures can get very high.
8. Local Customs and Etiquette in Sariska National Park:
• It is important to dress modestly and respectfully, especially when visiting temples and other places of worship.
• Smoking and drinking in public is not allowed.
• Tipping is not expected but appreciated.
• Tourists are advised to avoid any contact with wild animals.
9. Popular Scams in Sariska National Park:
• Fake tour guides: Be careful of fake tour guides who may offer their services at a low price but are not registered with the tourism office.
• Overcharging: Tour operators may try to overcharge for services such as jeep safaris and accommodation.
• Fake restaurants: Avoid restaurants that may offer fake or expired food.
• Overcharging for souvenirs: Tourists should be aware of souvenir shops that may overcharge for items.
10. Suggested Trip Duration:
The suggested trip duration to Sariska National Park is 3 to 4 days.
11. Total Estimated Budget Per Person:
The estimated budget per person per day is approximately INR 4000, which includes stay, food, activities and tickets.
12. NearBy Cities:
• Jaipur: 107 km
• Alwar: 16 km
• Bharatpur: 181 km
• Kota: 304 km
• Bikaner: 376 km
13. Local Language and Communication in Sariska National Park:
The official language spoken in Sariska National Park is Hindi. English is also widely spoken, and English-speaking guides are available for hire at the park.
14. Accepted Currency and Money:
The local currency in Sariska National Park is the Indian Rupee (INR). Major credit cards and debit cards are accepted at most places. Tipping is not expected but is appreciated.
15. Health and Medical Information:
There are no vaccinations required to enter Sariska National Park. However, it is recommended to carry basic medical supplies such as painkillers, antiseptic creams, and mosquito repellent. There are medical facilities available in nearby towns.
16. Packing Tips for Sariska National Park:
• Comfortable walking shoes
• Sunscreen and sunglasses
• Hat and light jacket
• Camera and extra battery
• Insect repellent
• Cash and credit cards
• First aid kit
17. To sum up:
Sariska National Park is a wildlife reserve in Rajasthan, India, home to tigers, leopards, and a variety of birds. It is a great place to go for a safari, bird watching, nature walks, night camping, and cultural tours.