17 Things To Know Before Travelling to Sariska National Park, Rajasthan, India
1. Destination Overview of Sariska National Park:
Sariska National Park is a wildlife sanctuary located in the Alwar district of Rajasthan. It houses a wide variety of flora and fauna and is home to the majestic Bengal tiger. It is also famous for its conservation efforts and is a great place to spot many endangered species.
2. Top Activities to do in Sariska National Park:
• Wildlife Safari: Take a safari through the national park to spot the majestic Bengal tiger and other species of animals.
• Bird Watching: Sariska National Park is a great place for bird watching, with over 200 species of birds found here.
• Hiking and Camping: Explore the forest trails and go camping at night for a unique experience.
• Jeep Safari: Go on a jeep safari to explore the park and spot wildlife in their natural habitat.
• Sightseeing: Visit some of the attractions in the park such as the Sariska Palace and the Kankwadi Fort.
3. Best Places To Stay in Sariska National Park:
• Luxury Places: Sariska Palace, Sariska Tiger Heaven, Sariska Tiger Camp.
• Mid Range: Sariska National Park Resort, Sariska Tiger Hills, Sariska Residency.
• Budget Friendly: Sariska Retreat, Sariska Heritage Haveli, Sariska Utsav.
4. How to Travel to Sariska National Park?:
The nearest airport is Jaipur International Airport, which is around 130 kilometers away from Sariska National Park. From there, you can take a train or a cab to reach the park.
5. Must Try Local Food and Drink in Sariska National Park:
• Dal Bati Churma: This is a traditional dish of Rajasthan, made with wheat flour, ghee and spices.
• Pyaaz Kachori: This is a deep-fried snack made with onion and spices, served with chutney.
• Mirchi Bada: This is a popular snack made with potatoes and chillies, deep-fried and served with chutney.
• Ghevar: This is a traditional sweet dish made with flour, ghee and sugar syrup.
• Mango Season: One must try the local mangoes during the summer season.
6. Best Places to Eat in Sariska National Park:
• Sariska Retreat: Try the famous Dal Bati Churma and Pyaaz Kachori here.
• Sariska Tiger Heaven: Try the delicious Mirchi Bada here.
• Sariska National Park Resort: Try the traditional Ghevar here.
7. Weather and Climate:
The best time to visit Sariska National Park is from October to March. The climate is hot and dry during the summer months, from April to June. It is advisable to avoid travelling during the monsoon season from July to September, as the park is prone to flooding.
8. Local Customs and Etiquette in Sariska National Park:
Sariska National Park is a sacred place for many locals in the area. Visitors should dress modestly and respect local customs and traditions.
9. Popular Scams in Sariska National Park:
• Fake Guided Tours: Be wary of people offering guided tours at the park, as they may be fraudulent.
• Credit Card Fraud: Be careful when using your credit cards at restaurants, as there have been incidents of fraud.
• Unlicensed Tour Operators: Do not book tours with unlicensed tour operators, as they may be unreliable.
10. Suggested Trip Duration:
The suggested duration for a first time traveler to Sariska National Park is 2-3 days.
11. Total Estimated Budget Per Person:
Stay: Rs. 1500-2000 per night
Food: Rs. 1000-1500 per day
Activities: Rs. 1000-1500 per activity
Tickets: Rs. 200-300 per ticket
12. NearBy Cities:
Alwar (45 km), Jaipur (130 km), Bharatpur (170 km), Delhi (215 km).
13. Local Language and Communication in Sariska National Park:
The local language is Hindi, although English is widely spoken in the area. English speaking guides are available at the park, but they usually charge a fee.
14. Accepted Currency and Money:
The local currency is Indian Rupee (INR). Credit and debit cards are accepted in most places, but it is advisable to carry cash for smaller transactions. Tipping is not common in Sariska National Park.
15. Health and Medical Information:
It is recommended to get vaccinated against Hepatitis A and Typhoid before travelling to Sariska National Park. There are medical facilities available in the park, but it is advisable to carry a first aid kit with basic medical supplies.
16. Packing Tips for Sariska National Park:
• Comfortable walking shoes
• Lightweight clothing
• Sunscreen and hat
• Insect repellent
17. To sum up:
Sariska National Park is a great place to explore wildlife and experience nature, with plenty of activities, attractions and local cuisine to enjoy.