17 Things To Know Before Travelling to Dubai Mall, Dubai, United Arab Emirates, Phone Code: +971
1. Destination Overview of Dubai Mall, Dubai:
Dubai Mall is one of the world’s largest shopping malls, located in the heart of the iconic Burj Khalifa district in Dubai. The mall is home to over 1,200 stores, over 160 restaurants and cafes, and an extensive range of entertainment and leisure options, making it a top destination for locals and tourists alike.
2. What are the Fun things to do in Dubai Mall, Dubai?
• Visit the Dubai Aquarium and Underwater Zoo – One of the world’s largest indoor aquariums, this is a must-see for any visitor.
• Take a ride on the Dubai Ice Rink – This Olympic-sized ice rink offers a fun and unique experience.
• Check out the Dubai Fountain – One of the world’s largest choreographed fountains, it is a sight to behold.
• Catch a movie at Reel Cinemas – With over 20 screens, this is one of the largest cinemas in the region.
• Visit the Kidzania theme park – This interactive theme park is a great place for kids to have fun.
• Take a ride on the Dubai Mall Ferris Wheel – This giant ferris wheel offers stunning views of the city.
• Explore the Dubai Mall Souk – A great place to find unique souvenirs and gifts.
• Check out the SEGA Republic theme park – A fun place for all ages.
3. Best Places To Stay in Dubai Mall, Dubai:
• Armani Hotel Dubai – A luxurious hotel located in the Burj Khalifa Tower.
• The Address Dubai Mall – A stylish hotel located in the heart of the Dubai Mall.
• The Palace Downtown Dubai – A 5-star hotel with breathtaking views of the city.
• Rove Downtown Dubai – A modern hotel located in the heart of the city.
• Holiday Inn Express Dubai – A comfortable hotel located in the Burj Khalifa district.
• Citymax Hotel Bur Dubai – A great value hotel located near the Dubai Mall.
• Dubai International Hotel – A budget-friendly hotel located near the airport.
• Ibis World Trade Centre – A comfortable and affordable hotel located in the city centre.
• Regent Palace Hotel – A great value hotel located in the Burj Khalifa district.
4. How to Travel to Dubai Mall, Dubai?
The Dubai Mall is easily accessible by car, taxi, and public transportation. The closest metro station is Burj Khalifa/Dubai Mall Station, which is just a short walk away. The mall is also accessible by car from the Sheikh Zayed Road and the Financial Centre Road.
5. Must Try Local Food and Drink in Dubai Mall, Dubai:
• Hummus – A popular Middle Eastern dip made with chickpeas, tahini, garlic, and lemon juice.
• Falafel – Fried balls of chickpeas and fava beans served with tahini sauce.
• Kebab – Grilled skewers of lamb, chicken, or beef served with flatbread and a variety of sauces.
• Shawarma – A sandwich-like wrap filled with spiced meat, vegetables, and tahini sauce.
• Dates – Sweet, juicy fruits that are a popular snack in the Middle East.
• Laban – A popular yogurt-based drink made with yogurt, water, and salt.
• Karkade – A sweet, fruity drink made with hibiscus flowers.
• Aseer Zabadi – A sweet, creamy dessert made with yogurt, rose water, and honey.
6. Best Places to Eat in Dubai Mall, Dubai:
• La Petite Maison – A popular French restaurant with a beautiful outdoor terrace.
• La Serre – An upscale French-Mediterranean restaurant with stunning views of the city.
• Catch – An award-winning seafood restaurant with a unique menu.
• Noodle House – A popular Asian restaurant with a variety of dishes.
• Hakkasan – An upscale Chinese restaurant with an extensive menu.
• La Cantine du Faubourg – A popular French-Mediterranean restaurant with a lively atmosphere.
• The Cheesecake Factory – A popular American restaurant with a variety of dishes.
7. Weather and Climate:
The best time to visit Dubai is from October to April, when temperatures are cooler and rainfall is minimal. July and August are the hottest months, with temperatures reaching up to 40°C (104°F). December and January are the coolest months, with temperatures averaging around 25°C (77°F).
8. Local Customs and Etiquette in Dubai Mall, Dubai:
Dubai is a very conservative city, and visitors should dress modestly and respect local customs. Men should wear long pants and shirts with sleeves, and women should wear long skirts or dresses and cover their shoulders and legs. It is also important to be aware of the local laws, as public displays of affection are not allowed.
9. Popular Scams in Dubai Mall, Dubai:
• Fake goods – Be wary of vendors selling fake goods such as electronics, jewelry, and designer clothes.
• Credit card fraud – Be aware of your surroundings when using your credit card.
• Taxi scams – Make sure to only use reputable taxi companies and agree on the fare before the ride.
• Fake police officers – Be aware of people posing as police officers and asking for money.
10. Suggested Trip Duration:
The suggested trip duration for a first-time visitor to Dubai Mall is 3 to 5 days.
11. Total Estimated Budget Per Person:
The total estimated budget per person for a 3-5 day trip to Dubai Mall is around $100-$150 per day. This includes accommodation, food, activities, and tickets.
12. NearBy Cities:
The cities and other places to visit near Dubai Mall include Abu Dhabi (90 km), Sharjah (90 km), Fujairah (160 km), Ras Al Khaimah (150 km), Al Ain (170 km), and Hatta (220 km).
13. Local Language and Communication in Dubai Mall, Dubai:
The official language of Dubai is Arabic, but English is widely spoken and understood. English-speaking guides are available at the tourist attractions.
14. Accepted Currency and Money:
The local currency is the UAE Dirham (AED). Major credit cards are widely accepted, and ATMs are widely available. Tipping is not required, but it is appreciated.
15. Health and Medical Information:
No vaccinations are required for travel to Dubai, but visitors should make sure their routine vaccinations are up to date. There are several hospitals and medical centers in Dubai, and emergency services are available.
16. Packing Tips for Dubai Mall, Dubai:
When packing for a trip to Dubai Mall, visitors should bring comfortable, light clothing for the hot summer months. Light, breathable fabrics are best, and visitors should also bring a hat and sunscreen. For the cooler winter months, visitors should bring warm clothing and a jacket.
17. To sum up:
Dubai Mall is one of the world’s largest shopping malls, located in the heart of the iconic Burj Khalifa district in Dubai. It offers a range of attractions, activities, and entertainment, and is a great destination for locals and tourists alike. The best time to visit is from October to April, and visitors should dress modestly and respect local customs. The local currency is the UAE Dirham, and credit cards are widely accepted. When packing for a trip to Dubai Mall, visitors should bring comfortable, light clothing for the hot summer months and warm clothing for the cooler winter months.