Ski Dubai is a must-visit destination for those who want to experience skiing in the desert. Located in Dubai, United Arab Emirates, Ski Dubai offers the perfect winter escape. Before travelling to Ski Dubai, here are 17 things to know:
1. Destination Overview of Ski Dubai:
Ski Dubai is the Middle East’s first indoor ski resort. Located in the Mall of the Emirates, Ski Dubai is a winter wonderland with an 85-metre-high indoor mountain, 5 ski runs, toboggan runs, a snow park, and a café.
2. What are the Fun things to do in Ski Dubai?
Ski Dubai is the perfect destination for winter sports enthusiasts. Visitors can enjoy skiing, snowboarding, and tobogganing on the indoor slopes, as well as playing in the snow park. Other activities include ice-skating, snow tubing, and snow rafting.
3. Best Places To Stay in Ski Dubai:
• Luxury Places: The Address Dubai Mall, The Ritz-Carlton, Dubai International Financial Centre
• Mid Range: Ascot Hotel, Rove Healthcare City, Media Rotana
• Budget Friendly: ibis Styles Dubai Jumeira, Novotel Dubai Al Barsha, Premier Inn Dubai International Airport
4. How to Travel to Ski Dubai?
Ski Dubai is located in the Mall of the Emirates, which is accessible by the Dubai Metro. The nearest airport is Dubai International Airport, which is approximately 15 km away. Taxis and rental cars are available from the airport.
5. Must Try Local Food and Drink in Ski Dubai:
Ski Dubai is the perfect place to try local food and drinks. Popular dishes include hummus, falafel, shawarma, and tabbouleh. In the summer months, dates and mangoes are a must-try. Popular drinks include Arabic coffee, tea, and fresh juices.
6. Best Places to Eat in Ski Dubai:
• Left Bank: This popular restaurant offers a variety of Middle Eastern and Mediterranean dishes.
• La Farine: Enjoy French-style pastries and cakes at this bakery.
• Bice: This Italian restaurant serves classic dishes and pizzas.
• Bombay Bungalow: This restaurant serves traditional Indian dishes.
• KFC: Enjoy classic American-style fried chicken.
7. Weather and Climate:
Ski Dubai is open year-round, but the best time to visit is between November and April, when temperatures are cooler. The summer months (May to October) are very hot and humid.
8. Local Customs and Etiquette in Ski Dubai:
It is important to respect local customs and etiquette when visiting Ski Dubai. It is important to dress modestly and avoid public displays of affection. Tipping is expected in restaurants, but not in taxis.
9. Popular Scams in Ski Dubai:
Be wary of taxi drivers who try to charge more than the meter rate. It is also important to be aware of pickpockets and scammers in crowded areas.
10. Suggested Trip Duration:
The suggested trip duration to Ski Dubai is 3 to 4 days.
11. Total Estimated Budget Per Person:
• Stay: $50 – $150
• Food: $20 – $50
• Activities: $20 – $50
• Tickets: $30 – $50
• Other: $20 – $50
12. NearBy Cities:
Ski Dubai is located in Dubai, which is the most populous city in the United Arab Emirates. Other nearby cities include Abu Dhabi (125 km), Al Ain (180 km), Sharjah (80 km), and Ajman (90 km).
13. Local Language and Communication in Ski Dubai:
The official language of Ski Dubai is Arabic. English is widely spoken in the city.
14. Accepted Currency and Money:
The currency used in Ski Dubai is the UAE Dirham (AED). Credit cards are widely accepted. Tipping is expected in restaurants, but not in taxis.
15. Health and Medical Information:
There are no mandatory vaccinations for travellers to Ski Dubai. However, it is recommended to be up to date on routine vaccinations, such as measles-mumps-rubella (MMR) vaccine and diphtheria-tetanus-pertussis vaccine.
16. Packing Tips for Ski Dubai:
Ski Dubai is a winter destination, so it is important to pack warm clothing. This includes jackets, hats, gloves, and boots. It is also important to bring sun protection, such as sunglasses and sunscreen.
17. To sum up:
Ski Dubai is the perfect winter escape for those who want to experience skiing in the desert. Before travelling to Ski Dubai, visitors should be aware of the local customs and etiquette, as well as the accepted currency and money. It is important to pack warm clothing and sun protection.