and other relevant information to make the article more informative.
17 Things To Know Before Travelling to Dundlod, Rajasthan, 331403:
1. Destination Overview of Dundlod:
Dundlod is a small town located in Jhunjhunu district of Rajasthan. It is known for its 300-year old fort, palace, and haveli. It is also famous for its annual fair and festivals like Teej and Gangaur.
2. Top Activities to do in Dundlod:
• Visit the 300 year old Dundlod Fort and Palace – Explore the fort and palace and its architecture.
• Visit the Dundlod Haveli – Explore the unique architecture of this haveli and take a look at the royal lifestyle of its owners.
• Visit the local markets – Explore the local markets of Dundlod and buy some traditional items like embroidered fabrics, accessories, handicrafts, etc.
• Visit the Havelis of Dundlod – Explore the havelis of Dundlod, many of which are still in use as homes.
• Attend local festivals – Attend festivals like Teej and Gangaur and experience the culture and traditions of Rajasthan.
3. Best Places To Stay in Dundlod:
• The Dundlod Fort and Palace – A heritage hotel offering luxurious rooms and suites located inside the 300-year old fort and palace.
• The Haveli at Dundlod – A 5-star hotel located in a haveli, offering luxurious rooms and suites.
• The Royal Retreat at Dundlod – A boutique hotel offering luxurious rooms and suites, located in a haveli.
• Hotel Raj Vilas – A 3-star hotel offering affordable rooms and suites.
• Hotel Shiv Vilas – A 3-star hotel offering comfortable rooms and suites.
• Hotel Rajwada Palace – A 3-star hotel offering affordable rooms and suites.
• The Golden Desert Camp – A budget hotel offering comfortable rooms and suites.
• Hotel Grand – A budget hotel offering affordable rooms and suites.
• Hotel Shree – A budget hotel offering comfortable rooms and suites.
4. How to Travel to Dundlod?:
The nearest airport is Jaipur International Airport, located about 140 km from Dundlod. The nearest railway station is Dundlod Railway Station, located about 3 km from the town. Taxis and buses are available from the airport and railway station to Dundlod.
5. Must Try Local Food and Drink in Dundlod:
• Rajasthani Thali – A traditional Rajasthani meal comprising of various dishes like dal, bati, churma, etc.
• Gatte Ki Sabzi – A spicy and tangy curry made with gram flour dumplings.
• Kadi Pakoda – A spicy yogurt based curry with gram flour dumplings.
• Pyaaz Ki Kachori – A deep fried pastry stuffed with onion and spices.
• Kulfi – A traditional Indian ice-cream made with condensed milk.
• Gulab Jamun – A deep fried sweet made with khoya and sugar syrup.
• Bajra Khichdi – A traditional Rajasthani dish made with bajra and vegetables.
6. Best Places to Eat in Dundlod:
• Hotel Raj Vilas – Serving traditional Rajasthani cuisine.
• Hotel Rajwada Palace – Serving delicious North Indian cuisine.
• Hotel Grand – Serving delicious Rajasthani and North Indian cuisine.
• Hotel Shree – Serving delicious Rajasthani and North Indian cuisine.
• The Golden Desert Camp – Serving delicious Rajasthani and North Indian cuisine.
7. Weather and Climate:
Dundlod has a semi-arid climate with hot summers and cold winters. The best time to visit Dundlod is from October to March, when the weather is pleasant and suitable for sightseeing. Summers are very hot and should be avoided.
8. Local Customs and Etiquette in Dundlod:
Dress modestly in public places and respect local customs and traditions. Tipping is not mandatory but appreciated.
9. Popular Scams in Dundlod:
• Be wary of drivers and tour guides who overcharge or take you to shops that offer substandard goods.
• Do not accept food or drinks from strangers as they may be drugged.
• Do not carry large amounts of cash with you.
10. Suggested Trip Duration:
1-2 days is sufficient to explore the main attractions of Dundlod.
11. Total Estimated Budget Per Person:
• Stay – INR 1500-2500 per night
• Food – INR 500-1000 per day
• Activities – INR 500-2000 per day
• Tickets – INR 100-500 per ticket (if applicable)
12. NearBy Cities:
• Jhunjhunu – 35 km
• Chirawa – 30 km
• Bissau – 40 km
• Loharu – 45 km
• Hisar – 150 km
13. Local Language and Communication in Dundlod:
The official language of Dundlod is Hindi. English is also widely spoken in tourist areas. English-speaking guides are available at most tourist places in Dundlod.
14. Accepted Currency and Money:
The local currency is the Indian Rupee. Credit cards and debit cards are widely accepted in most hotels and shops. Tipping is not mandatory but appreciated.
15. Health and Medical Information:
It is recommended to get vaccinated against common diseases such as typhoid, hepatitis A and B, and rabies before travelling to Dundlod. The nearest medical facilities are located in Jhunjhunu and Hisar.
16. Packing Tips for Dundlod:
• Pack clothing that is comfortable and suitable for the weather.
• Pack comfortable footwear and accessories.
• Sunscreen and a hat are recommended.
• Pack a light raincoat during the monsoon season.
17. To sum up:
Dundlod is a small town in Rajasthan that is known for its 300-year old fort, palace, and haveli. It is a great destination to explore the culture and traditions of Rajasthan and experience its festivals and fairs.