17 Things To Know Before Travelling to Jawai Bandh, Rajasthan, 307023
1. Destination Overview of Jawai Bandh:
Jawai Bandh is a beautiful lake situated near the city of Rawatbhata in Rajasthan. It is a popular destination for bird watching and photography, due to its scenic beauty. Jawai Bandh is also a popular spot for camping and water sports activities such as fishing, kayaking, and boating.
2. Top Activities to do in Jawai Bandh:
• Bird Watching: Jawai Bandh is a great place for bird watching as it is home to a variety of migratory and local birds.
• Camping: Camping is a popular activity at Jawai Bandh. There are various camping sites near the lake, where one can enjoy the stunning views and solitude.
• Water Sports: Jawai Bandh is an ideal place for water sports activities like kayaking, boating, and fishing.
• Photography: The stunning landscapes of Jawai Bandh make it an ideal spot for photography enthusiasts.
3. Best Places To Stay in Jawai Bandh:
• Luxury Places: Hotel Jawai Resort, Jawai Leopard Camp, and Rann Resorts
• Mid-Range: Jawai Camp, Bajaj Resort, and Jawai Lake Resort
• Budget Friendly: Jawai Resort, Jawai Bandh Camp, and Jawai Tourist Camp
4. How to Travel to Jawai Bandh?
The nearest airport to Jawai Bandh is Kota Airport, which is located at a distance of 65 km. The nearest railway station is Kota Junction, which is located at a distance of 71 km. One can also hire a taxi or cab from the nearest city, Rawatbhata, which is located at a distance of 35 km.
5. Must Try Local Food and Drink in Jawai Bandh:
• Churma: This is a popular Rajasthani delicacy made from wheat flour and ghee.
• Ker Sangri: This is a spicy dish made from dried Ker and Sangri beans.
• Laal Maas: This is a spicy mutton dish that is popular in Rajasthan.
• Ghevar: This is a sweet dish made from flour, ghee, and sugar.
• Mawa Kachori: This is a popular snack made from mawa and spices.
• Kair Sagri: This is a dish made from kair (dried plums) and sagri (dried beans).
• Mewadi Kulfi: This is a traditional ice cream that is popular in Rajasthan.
• Gatta Curry: This is a spicy dish made from gram flour dumplings.
• Pyaaz Kachori: This is a popular snack made from onions and spices.
• Marcha Kachori: This is a popular snack made from spicy chutney and lentils.
6. Best Places to Eat in Jawai Bandh:
• Hotel Jawai Resort: Try the Laal Maas and Ghevar here.
• Jawai Camp: Try the Mewadi Kulfi and Pyaaz Kacori here.
• Jawai Lake Resort: Try the Ker Sangri and Gatta Curry here.
• Bajaj Resort: Try the Mawa Kachori and Marcha Kachori here.
• Jawai Tourist Camp: Try the Kair Sagri and Churma here.
7. Weather and Climate:
The best time to visit Jawai Bandh is from October to March. The temperature ranges from 18°C to 28°C during this period, making it ideal for sightseeing. It is advised to avoid visiting Jawai Bandh during the monsoon season as the lake overflows and makes it difficult to access the surrounding areas.
8. Local Customs and Etiquette in Jawai Bandh:
It is important to dress modestly and respect the local customs and culture while visiting Jawai Bandh. It is also advisable to carry a photocopy of your passport and other important documents. Tipping is not expected but appreciated.
9. Popular Scams in Jawai Bandh:
• Be wary of touts offering too-good-to-be-true deals on tickets and tours.
• Be aware of unlicensed taxis and drivers asking for exorbitant fares.
• Be cautious of pickpockets and scammers operating in crowded areas.
• Be aware of vendors offering fake or low-quality products.
• Be cautious of unlicensed guides offering guided tours.
10. Suggested Trip Duration:
The suggested duration for a first-time traveler to Jawai Bandh is 3 to 4 days. This will give you enough time to explore the lake, go bird watching, and enjoy the other activities.
11. Total Estimated Budget Per Person:
• Stay: Rs. 2000 – Rs. 7000
• Food: Rs. 1000 – Rs. 2000
• Activities: Rs. 500 – Rs. 1500
• Tickets: Rs. 500 – Rs. 1000
12. Nearby Cities:
• Rawatbhata – 35 km
• Kota – 71 km
• Udaipur – 202 km
• Jaipur – 308 km
• Jodhpur – 370 km
13. Local Language and Communication in Jawai Bandh:
The official language of Jawai Bandh is Hindi. English is also spoken by some of the locals. There are also English-speaking guides available at the tourist destinations, who usually charge around Rs. 500 per day.
14. Accepted Currency and Money:
The local currency of Jawai Bandh is the Indian Rupee. Major credit cards and debit cards are accepted in most places. Tipping is not expected but appreciated.
15. Health and Medical Information:
It is recommended to get vaccinated for typhoid, hepatitis A and B, and rabies before travelling to Jawai Bandh. There are medical facilities available in the nearby cities of Kota and Rawatbhata. In case of an emergency, dial 108 for medical assistance.
16. Packing Tips for Jawai Bandh:
• Lightweight, breathable clothing.
• Comfortable shoes.
• Sunscreen and hats.
• Insect repellent.
• A first-aid kit.
• Binoculars and camera.
• Cash and cards.
17. To sum up:
Jawai Bandh is a beautiful lake in Rajasthan, ideal for bird watching, photography, camping, and water sports activities. It is best to visit from October to March and dress modestly while respecting the local customs.