17 Things To Know Before Travelling to Kishangarh, Rajasthan, 305801
1. Destination Overview of Kishangarh:
Kishangarh is a city located in Ajmer district of Rajasthan in India. It is known for its world-famous marble sculptures and paintings. It is also a popular pilgrimage site for Hindu devotees as it is home to a number of ancient temples, including the Kishangarh Fort and the Mahaveerji Temple.
2. Top Activities to do in Kishangarh:
• Explore the Kishangarh Fort: Constructed in the 17th century, the Kishangarh Fort is a majestic reminder of the city’s rich heritage.
• Visit the Mahaveerji Temple: Dedicated to the Hindu God Mahaveer, the Mahaveerji Temple is one of the most sacred sites in the city.
• Shop for Marble sculptures: Kishangarh is famous for its beautiful marble sculptures and paintings.
• Explore the Nagaur Fort: Located in the nearby town of Nagaur, the Nagaur Fort is a stunning example of Rajput architecture.
• Taste the Local Cuisine: Kishangarh is home to some of the most delicious Rajasthani cuisines, such as Laal Maas, Bajre ki Roti, and Gatte ki Sabzi.
3. Best Places To Stay in Kishangarh:
• Luxury Places: The Oberoi Rajvilas, The Leela Palace Udaipur, The Taj Lake Palace.
• Mid Range: The Suncity Suites, The Vrindavan Resort, The Ambassador Ajmer.
• Budget Friendly: Hotel Kishan Palace, Hotel Kishangarh, Hotel Natraj.
4. How to Travel to Kishangarh?
Kishangarh is easily accessible by train, road, and air. The nearest airport is the Ajmer Airport, which is approximately 28 km from the city. The city is also well connected by train, with many trains stopping at the Kishangarh Railway Station. You can also take a bus to Kishangarh from Ajmer, Jaipur, and Udaipur.
5. Must Try Local Food and Drink in Kishangarh:
• Kachori: This is a deep-fried snack made of all-purpose flour and filled with a spicy mixture of pulses, spices and herbs.
• Laal Maas: This is a rich and spicy mutton curry made with red chillies, yoghurt, and garlic.
• Ghevar: This is a sweet dish made with all-purpose flour, sugar, and ghee.
• Bajre ki Roti: This is a flatbread made with millet flour and is usually served with ghee.
• Gatte ki Sabzi: This is a dish made with gram flour dumplings cooked in a spicy gravy.
• Moong Dal Halwa: This is a traditional dessert made with moong dal, sugar, and ghee.
6. Best Places to Eat in Kishangarh:
• Kishan Bhojnalay: This is a popular restaurant in Kishangarh that serves traditional Rajasthani dishes. Must try dishes include Laal Maas, Bajre ki Roti, and Gatte ki Sabzi.
• Rajasthali Restaurant: This restaurant is popular for its delicious vegetarian dishes. Must try dishes include Moong Dal Halwa and Kachori.
• Rajasthani Thali: This is a traditional Rajasthani thali that is served with a variety of dishes.
7. Weather and Climate:
Kishangarh has a hot and humid climate throughout the year, with temperatures ranging from 10°C to 48°C. The best time to visit Kishangarh is from October to March, when the weather is pleasant and cool.
8. Local Customs and Etiquette in Kishangarh:
In Kishangarh, the traditional dress for men is dhoti-kurta and for women is sari or salwar kameez. It is important to dress modestly and respect the local customs and traditions. Tipping is not common in Kishangarh but it is appreciated when done.
9. Popular Scams in Kishangarh:
• Taxi scams: Be aware of unscrupulous taxi drivers who may overcharge you or take a longer route in order to increase the fare.
• Fake currency: Be wary of fake currency and only change money at a reputable exchange.
• Street hawkers: Be wary of street hawkers who may offer you fake or low quality goods.
10. Suggested Trip Duration:
The suggested trip duration for Kishangarh is 2-3 days.
11. Total Estimated Budget Per Person:
The total estimated budget per person for Kishangarh is approximately INR 5,000-7,000. This includes stay, food, activities, tickets, and other expenses.
12. NearBy Cities:
The nearby cities to Kishangarh are Ajmer (27 km), Jaipur (146 km), Udaipur (227 km), Mount Abu (270 km), Jodhpur (313 km), and Pushkar (350 km).
13. Local Language and Communication in Kishangarh:
The official language of Kishangarh is Hindi. English is widely spoken in the city. English-speaking guides are available at the tourist destinations and usually charge around INR 500-1000 per day.
14. Accepted Currency and Money:
The local currency in Kishangarh is the Indian Rupee (INR). Major credit cards are accepted at most restaurants and shops. Tipping is not common but it is appreciated when done.
15. Health and Medical Information:
There are no special vaccinations required for travelling to Kishangarh. However, it is recommended to take basic precautions such as drinking bottled water and washing hands regularly. Medical facilities are available in the city, but it is advisable to carry a basic first aid kit when travelling.
16. Packing Tips for Kishangarh:
It is recommended to pack light clothing as the weather can be very hot during the summer months. It is also advisable to carry a scarf or shawl to cover the head when visiting temples and other religious sites. Sunscreen and sunglasses are also recommended.
17. To sum up:
Kishangarh is a city located in Ajmer district of Rajasthan in India. It is known for its world-famous marble sculptures and paintings, and is also a popular pilgrimage site for Hindu devotees. The suggested trip duration is 2-3 days, and the total estimated budget per person is approximately INR 5,000-7,000.