17 Things To Know Before Travelling to Andhra Pradesh, India
1. Destination Overview of Andhra Pradesh:
Andhra Pradesh is located in the south-eastern part of India and is bordered by Tamil Nadu, Karnataka, and Odisha. It has a rich cultural heritage and is known for its natural beauty, including its lush green forests, scenic hills, and ancient temples. The state is also famous for its vibrant festivals, traditional cuisine, and stunning beaches.
2. Top Activities to do in Andhra Pradesh:
• Visiting the UNESCO World Heritage Site of Tirumala Tirupati: Tirumala Tirupati is one of the most important pilgrimage sites in India and is home to the famous Tirupati temple.
• Exploring the Araku Valley: Araku Valley is a popular tourist destination in Andhra Pradesh and is known for its beautiful waterfalls, lush green forests, and stunning views.
• Exploring the Beaches of Visakhapatnam: Visakhapatnam is known for its stunning beaches and is a great place to relax and unwind.
• Visiting the Kondapalli Fort: The Kondapalli Fort is a 16th-century fort located in the Kondapalli village of Andhra Pradesh.
• Exploring the Thotlakonda Buddhist Complex: The Thotlakonda Buddhist Complex is an ancient Buddhist site located near Visakhapatnam.
• Visiting the Borra Caves: The Borra Caves are one of the oldest and largest limestone caves in India and are a popular tourist attraction.
• Visiting the Rural Villages of Andhra Pradesh: The rural villages of Andhra Pradesh are home to a number of traditional crafts and are a great place to explore the local culture.
3. Best Places To Stay in Andhra Pradesh:
• Luxury Places: The Gateway Hotel, Novotel Visakhapatnam Varun Beach, Fortune Inn Sree Kanya.
• Mid Range: Lemon Tree Hotel, The Park Hotel, Lemon Tree Amarante Beach Resort.
• Budget Friendly: Hotel Surya International, Hotel Sai Residency, Hotel Formule1.
4. How to Travel to Andhra Pradesh?:
The best way to get to Andhra Pradesh is by air. There are several airports in Andhra Pradesh, including the Tirupati Airport, Visakhapatnam Airport, and Vijayawada Airport. There are also trains and buses that run regularly from major cities in India.
5. Must Try Local Food and Drink in Andhra Pradesh:
• Andhra special Biryani: A popular rice dish made with aromatic spices, vegetables, and meat.
• Gongura Pickle: A sour and spicy pickle made with gongura leaves.
• Avakaya: A spicy mango pickle.
• Pasupu Kommulu: A spicy lentil-based dish.
• Andhra Fish Curry: A spicy fish curry.
• Sarva Pindi: A traditional breakfast dish made with rice flour.
• Pesarattu: A savory pancake made with moong dal.
• Andhra Style Thali: A traditional meal of rice, chapati, and a variety of curries.
• Gongura Pappu: A spicy lentil-based dish.
• Garelu: A deep-fried snack made with urad dal.
• Annual Banana Festival (January): A festival dedicated to the cultivation of bananas and to celebrate the local cuisine.
6. Best Places to Eat in Andhra Pradesh:
• The Park Hotel, Visakhapatnam
• Lemon Tree Hotel, Visakhapatnam
• Hotel Sai Residency, Tirupati
• Hotel Surya International, Vijayawada
• Hotel Formule1, Tirupati
7. Weather and Climate:
The climate in Andhra Pradesh is tropical and hot year-round, with temperatures ranging from 25°C to 40°C. The best time to visit Andhra Pradesh is during the winter months of October to February, when temperatures are cooler and the weather is more pleasant.
8. Local Customs and Etiquette in Andhra Pradesh:
It is important to dress modestly when visiting temples and other religious sites in Andhra Pradesh. It is also important to remember that public displays of affection are considered inappropriate. Tipping is not expected, but appreciated.
9. Popular Scams in Andhra Pradesh:
Be aware of scam artists in tourist areas, such as street vendors and taxi drivers. Do not accept any offers of help from strangers or be lured into any business deals. Be aware of pickpockets in crowded areas.
10. Suggested Trip Duration:
The suggested duration for a first-time traveler to Andhra Pradesh is at least 5-7 days. This will give you enough time to explore the major attractions in the state.
11. Total Estimated Budget Per Person:
The total estimated budget per person for a trip to Andhra Pradesh is around INR 8,000-10,000, depending on the type of accommodation and activities you choose.
12. Nearby Cities:
• Hyderabad, Telangana – 268 km
• Bengaluru, Karnataka – 474 km
• Chennai, Tamil Nadu – 661 km
• Mysore, Karnataka – 540 km
• Vishakhapatnam, Andhra Pradesh – 472 km
13. Local Language and Communication in Andhra Pradesh:
The official language of Andhra Pradesh is Telugu. English is widely understood and spoken in major cities. There are English-speaking guides available in some tourist sites, and these guides usually charge a fee.
14. Accepted Currency and Money:
The official currency of Andhra Pradesh is the Indian Rupee (INR). Most major credit cards are accepted but it is recommended to carry some cash as well. Tipping is appreciated but not expected.
15. Health and Medical Information:
It is recommended to take basic medical precautions before travelling to Andhra Pradesh. It is also recommended to get vaccinated against any diseases that you may be at risk for. Medical facilities in Andhra Pradesh are generally good.
16. Packing Tips for Andhra Pradesh:
It is important to pack light and comfortable clothing, as well as comfortable shoes. Sunscreen, sunglasses, and a hat are essential to protect yourself from the sun. It is also recommended to carry an umbrella or raincoat as the weather can be unpredictable.
17. To Sum Up:
Andhra Pradesh is a beautiful state located in the south of India, offering visitors stunning scenery, vibrant festivals, and delicious cuisine. It is the perfect destination for those looking for a unique cultural experience.