17 Things To Know Before Travelling to Bharatpur Bird Sanctuary, Rajasthan, India
1. Destination Overview of Bharatpur Bird Sanctuary:
Bharatpur Bird Sanctuary is a protected wildlife sanctuary in Rajasthan, India. It is known for its plethora of bird species and is famous for its migratory birds during the winter season. It is also a popular tourist destination, with many visitors coming to explore the sanctuary’s natural beauty and wildlife.
2. Top Activities to do in Bharatpur Bird Sanctuary:
• Bird Watching: Bharatpur Bird Sanctuary is home to a variety of bird species and is a great place for birdwatching.
• Safari Rides: Enjoy a jeep or horse safari ride through the sanctuary and explore the wildlife.
• Boating: Take a boat ride around the lake and explore the wildlife from a different angle.
• Nature Walks: Visitors can take a nature walk around the sanctuary and explore the flora and fauna.
• Photography: The sanctuary is a great place to capture some amazing photos of the birds and wildlife.
3. Best Places To Stay in Bharatpur Bird Sanctuary:
• Luxury Places: Bharatpur Forest Lodge, V Resorts, The Bagh Resort
• Mid Range: Bharatpur Haveli, Hotel Royal Retreat, Hotel Radhika Palace
• Budget Friendly: Hotel Gajraj, Hotel Arco Palace, Hotel Welcome Palace
4. How to Travel to Bharatpur Bird Sanctuary?:
Bharatpur Bird Sanctuary is located in Rajasthan, India. The nearest airport is Agra Airport, which is around 56 km away. The nearest railway station is Bharatpur Junction, which is around 17 km away. Tourists can also hire a taxi or rent a car to reach the sanctuary.
5. Must Try Local Food and Drink in Bharatpur Bird Sanctuary:
• Dal Bati Churma: A traditional Rajasthani dish made with lentils, wheat flour and ghee.
• Laal Maas: Spicy red meat curry made with lamb and spices.
• Kachori: Fried pastry filled with lentils, onions or potatoes.
• Ghevar: Sweet cake made with flour, milk, sugar and ghee.
• Ker Sangri: Rajasthani dish made with dried beans and berries.
• Gatte ki Sabzi: A spicy curry made with gram flour dumplings.
• Mawa Kachori: Fried pastry filled with mawa (khoya) and sugar.
• Malpua: Deep-fried pancakes made with flour, milk and sugar.
• Kadhi: A thick and creamy yogurt-based curry.
• Kair Sangri: Rajasthani dish made with dried beans and wild berries.
• Lassi: A traditional yogurt-based drink.
6. Best Places to Eat in Bharatpur Bird Sanctuary:
• Laxmi Hotel: Popular for its traditional Rajasthani dishes.
• Laxmi Restaurant: Famous for its variety of vegetarian dishes.
• Baghh Resort: Popular for its delicious North Indian and Chinese dishes.
• Hotel Royal Retreat: Popular for its authentic Rajasthani cuisine.
• Chokhi Dhani: Popular for its traditional Rajasthani cuisine.
7. Weather and Climate:
The climate in Bharatpur Bird Sanctuary is hot and dry in the summer months and cold in the winter months. The best time to visit is from October to March, when the weather is pleasant and the migratory birds flock to the sanctuary. It is best to avoid visiting in the summer months, as the temperature can reach up to 45 degrees Celsius.
8. Local Customs and Etiquette in Bharatpur Bird Sanctuary:
The locals in Bharatpur Bird Sanctuary follow a certain dress code, which is mostly traditional. The women are expected to cover up their legs and shoulders, and the men are expected to wear full-length trousers. It is also considered impolite to take photos without permission.
9. Popular Scams in Bharatpur Bird Sanctuary:
Tourists should be aware of pickpockets and con artists in the area. It is also important to be aware of any strangers offering help or advice, as they may be trying to scam you.
10. Suggested Trip Duration:
The suggested duration for a first time traveler to Bharatpur Bird Sanctuary is 2-3 days.
11. Total Estimated Budget Per Person:
• Stay: INR 500-3000
• Food: INR 200-1000
• Activities: INR 100-1000
• Tickets: INR 100-400
12. NearBy Cities:
• Agra – 56 km
• Jaipur – 190 km
• Mathura – 59 km
• Fatehpur Sikri – 63 km
• Bharatpur – 17 km
• Gurgaon – 225 km
• Bikaner – 254 km
• Ajmer – 254 km
13. Local Language and Communication in Bharatpur Bird Sanctuary:
The official language spoken in Bharatpur Bird Sanctuary is Hindi. Tourists may find English speaking guides at the tourist destinations, and they usually charge around INR 500 for a day.
14. Accepted Currency and Money:
The local currency used in Bharatpur Bird Sanctuary is the Indian Rupee (INR). Major credit and debit cards are accepted in the local shops and restaurants, and ATMs are also available. Tipping is not common in the area, but it is appreciated.
15. Health and Medical Information:
There are no major health risks in Bharatpur Bird Sanctuary, but it is recommended to get vaccinated for tetanus and polio before travelling. There are medical facilities available in the area, and emergency services can be contacted on the emergency numbers.
16. Packing Tips for Bharatpur Bird Sanctuary:
• Lightweight and comfortable clothing, as the weather can be hot and humid.
• Sunscreen and sunglasses for protection from the sun.
• A hat or cap to protect from the sun.
• Comfortable shoes for walking and exploring the sanctuary.
• A mosquito repellent to protect from mosquito bites.
17. To sum up:
Bharatpur Bird Sanctuary is a protected wildlife sanctuary in Rajasthan, India, and is known for its plethora of bird species. It is popular for its migratory birds during the winter season and is a great place for birdwatching, safari rides, boating, nature walks and photography.