# 17 Things To Know Before Travelling to Chittorgarh, Rajasthan, 312001
## 1. Destination Overview of Chittorgarh:
Chittorgarh is a city located in the Rajasthan state of India. It is popular for its ruins and fortresses, which were the site of many battles in the past. The city is also famous for being home to some of the most important monuments of the Rajput era, including the Chittorgarh Fort, the Kumbhalgarh Fort, and the Rana Kumbha Palace.
## 2. Top Activities to do in Chittorgarh:
• Visit the Chittorgarh Fort, the largest fort in India and the grandest in the state of Rajasthan.
• Explore the Kumbhalgarh Fort, the second largest fort in India and the second most popular fort in the state.
• Tour the Rana Kumbha Palace, the biggest palace in Rajasthan and a great example of the Rajput architectural style.
• Visit the Vijay Stambh, a tower dedicated to the victory of Maharana Pratap.
• Explore the Padmini Palace, a palace with a unique architecture and a great view of the fort.
• Visit the Mirpur Jain Temple, a temple dedicated to Lord Mahavir.
• Explore the Fateh Prakash Palace Museum, a museum showcasing the history of Rajasthan.
• Go on a shopping spree at the local markets and enjoy the vibrant atmosphere.
• Explore the Gaumukh Reservoir, a huge lake surrounded by hills and valleys.
• Take a tour of the Bassi Wildlife Sanctuary and spot some wildlife.
## 3. Best Places To Stay in Chittorgarh:
• Luxury Places: The Heritage, The Grand Thakur Resort, The Umed Bhawan Palace.
• Mid Range: The Fort Resort, The City Palace, The Kumbhalgarh Fort Resort.
• Budget Friendly: The Hotel Rajputana, The Hotel Udaipur Palace, The Hotel Rajputana Haveli.
## 4. How to Travel to Chittorgarh?:
The best way to get to Chittorgarh is by train or car. The nearest airport is the Udaipur Airport, which is about 100 km away. You can also take a train to Bhilwara or Chittorgarh Junction, both of which are about 50 km away.
## 5. Must Try Local Food and Drink in Chittorgarh:
• Khaman dhokla
• Daal Baati Churma
• Gatte ki Sabzi
• Rajasthani Kadhi
• Pyaaz Kachori
• Mirchi Bada
• Gulab Jamun
• Mawa Kachori
• Besan Ladoo
• Ber Chutney
## 6. Best Places to Eat in Chittorgarh:
• Rajasthan Restaurant: Try the Daal-Baati-Churma, Mirchi Bada and Kachori
• Jagat Niwas Palace: Try the Gatte ki Sabzi and Pyaaz Kachori
• The Umed Bhawan Palace: Try the Mawa Kachori and Besan Ladoo
• The Grand Thakur Resort: Try the Gulab Jamun and Ber Chutney
• The City Palace: Try the Ghewar and Rajasthani Kadhi
## 7. Weather and Climate:
Chittorgarh has a tropical climate, with hot summers and mild winters. The best time to visit Chittorgarh is from October to March, when the weather is the most pleasant and the days are not too hot. Summer should be avoided as it is very hot and humid.
## 8. Local Customs and Etiquette in Chittorgarh:
The people of Chittorgarh are very welcoming and friendly. It is important to be respectful of local customs and traditions. Women should dress modestly and avoid wearing revealing clothing. It is also important to remove your shoes when entering someone’s home.
## 9. Popular Scams in Chittorgarh:
• Overcharging for goods and services.
• Fake guides offering fake tours.
• Fake drivers offering fake rides.
• Unlicensed or unregistered taxi drivers.
• Unscrupulous money exchangers offering fake or counterfeit currency.
• Fake tour operators offering fake packages.
## 10. Suggested Trip Duration:
The suggested trip duration for Chittorgarh is 3-4 days.
## 11. Total Estimated Budget Per Person:
The estimated budget per person for a 3-4 day trip to Chittorgarh is approximately $150 USD, including accommodation, food, activities, and tickets.
## 12. NearBy Cities:
• Udaipur: 100 km
• Bhilwara: 50 km
• Ajmer: 150 km
• Jaipur: 250 km
## 13. Local Language and Communication in Chittorgarh:
The local language spoken in Chittorgarh is Rajasthani. English is also widely spoken and understood.
## 14. Accepted Currency and Money:
The local currency in Chittorgarh is the Indian Rupee (INR). Major credit cards are accepted in most places, but always carry local currency with you as well. Tipping is not expected, but is appreciated if you are happy with the service.
## 15. Health and Medical Information:
It is recommended to get vaccinated for Hepatitis A and B, and Typhoid before travelling to Chittorgarh. Medical facilities in Chittorgarh are basic and limited, so it is important to bring your own medication.
## 16. Packing Tips for Chittorgarh:
When travelling to Chittorgarh, it is important to pack light, comfortable clothing, comfortable shoes, and a hat for protection from the sun. It is also important to bring sunscreen, mosquito repellent, and a first aid kit.
## 17. To Sum up:
Chittorgarh is a city in Rajasthan that is known for its grand forts, palaces, and monuments from the Rajput era. It is a great destination for those looking to explore India’s rich culture and history, and experience the vibrant culture of Rajasthan.