17 Things To Know Before Travelling to Jawai Bandh, Rajasthan, 306702
1. Destination Overview of Jawai Bandh:
Jawai Bandh is a dam located in the Pali district of Rajasthan. It is known as a popular tourist destination, with a variety of activities such as bird watching and nature walks. The dam is home to a variety of wildlife, including crocodiles and leopards, and is also a great spot for fishing.
2. Top Activities to do in Jawai Bandh:
• Birdwatching: This is one of the most popular activities in Jawai Bandh. There are over 250 species of birds in the area, including peacocks, flamingos, and other various species.
• Boating: There are several boat rides available in the area, offering views of the dam and the wildlife.
• Jeep Safari: Tourists can take a jeep safari to explore the area. This is a great way to see the local wildlife and get a better understanding of the area.
• Hiking and Trekking: There are several hiking trails in the area, offering stunning views of the dam and the surrounding landscape.
• Camping: Tourists can camp near the dam and take in the natural beauty of the area.
3. Best Places To Stay in Jawai Bandh:
• Luxury Places: Jawai Bandh Resort, Jawai Hills Camp, Jawai Leopard Camp
• Mid Range: Jawai Tiger Point Resort, Jawai Tented Camp, Jawai Campsite
• Budget Friendly: Jawai Bandh Forest Resort, Jawai Bandh Safari Resort, Jawai Eco Resort
4. How to Travel to Jawai Bandh?
The nearest airport is Jodhpur Airport, which is about 110 km away from Jawai Bandh. From the airport, tourists can take a taxi to the dam. Alternatively, tourists can take a train to Pali Railway Station, which is about 70 km away from Jawai Bandh. From the railway station, tourists can take a taxi or bus to the dam.
5. Must Try Local Food and Drink in Jawai Bandh:
• Dal Baati Churma: A traditional Rajasthani dish made with lentils, wheat flour and ghee.
• Kachori: A deep-fried snack made with spices and lentils.
• Gatte Ki Sabzi: A vegetarian dish made with gram flour and spices.
• Kadi Pakora: A vegetarian dish made with yogurt and gram flour.
• Besan Ka Halwa: a sweet dish made with gram flour, sugar, ghee and nuts.
• Kairi: A seasonal fruit which is usually available in the summer months.
6. Best Places to Eat in Jawai Bandh:
• Jawai Bandh Resort: Known for its authentic Rajasthani cuisine.
• Jawai Hills Camp: Offers a variety of Indian and international dishes.
• Jawai Tented Camp: Offers a variety of Indian and international dishes.
• Jawai Tiger Point Resort: Offers delicious Rajasthani Thalis.
• Jawai Eco Resort: Offers a variety of Indian and international dishes.
7. Weather and Climate:
Jawai Bandh has a hot and humid climate, with temperatures ranging between 30°C to 45°C during summer months and 10°C to 25°C during winter months. The best time to visit Jawai Bandh is between the months of October to February. Tourists should avoid visiting during the summer months as the heat can be unbearable.
8. Local Customs and Etiquette in Jawai Bandh:
Travellers should dress modestly and follow traditional customs. Tipping is not common in Jawai Bandh, but it is appreciated.
9. Popular Scams in Jawai Bandh:
• Be aware of fake tour guides who overcharge for their services.
• Do not accept food or drinks from strangers.
• Be aware of pickpockets in crowded areas.
• Do not accept taxi rides from unlicensed drivers.
10. Suggested Trip Duration:
A 3-4 day trip is suggested for first time travellers to Jawai Bandh.
11. Total Estimated Budget Per Person:
Accommodation: Rs. 2000-4000 per night
Food: Rs. 500-2000 per day
Activities: Rs. 1000-3000 per activity
Tickets: Rs. 200-500 per ticket
12. NearBy Cities:
• Jodhpur: 110 km
• Udaipur: 220 km
• Jaisalmer: 350 km
• Ajmer: 420 km
• Bikaner: 450 km
13. Local Language and Communication in Jawai Bandh:
The official language spoken in Jawai Bandh is Hindi. English is also commonly spoken in the area and there are English guides available at the tourist sites.
14. Accepted Currency and Money:
The local currency in Jawai Bandh is the Indian Rupee (INR). Credit and debit cards are accepted in most places, while cash is also accepted in most places. Tipping is not common, but it is appreciated.
15. Health and Medical Information:
It is recommended that travellers to Jawai Bandh get vaccinated for typhoid and hepatitis A. There is a medical clinic in Jawai Bandh, but it is recommended that visitors bring their own medical supplies, as the clinic may not have all the necessary medications.
16. Packing Tips for Jawai Bandh:
• Light, comfortable clothing is best, as the temperatures can be high.
• A wide-brimmed hat and sunglasses are recommended.
• A pair of comfortable walking shoes is also recommended.
• Bring plenty of sunscreen and insect repellent.
17. To sum up:
Jawai Bandh is a popular destination in Rajasthan, offering a variety of activities such as bird watching, boating, jeep safaris, and camping. It is best visited between October and February and visitors should bring comfortable clothing, sunscreen, and insect repellent.