17 Things To Know Before Travelling to Kailadevi Wildlife Sanctuary, Rajasthan, India
1. Destination Overview of Kailadevi Wildlife Sanctuary:
Kailadevi Wildlife Sanctuary is located in the Karauli district of Rajasthan, India and is home to a variety of wildlife including tigers, leopards, sambar, chital, nilgai, wild boar, sloth bear and various bird species. It is also known for its ancient temples and local culture.
2. Top Activities to do in Kailadevi Wildlife Sanctuary:
• Wildlife Safari: Spot a variety of animals such as tigers, leopards, sambar deer, chital, nilgai, wild boar, sloth bear and various bird species on a wildlife safari.
• Temple Visit: Visit the ancient temples of Kailadevi Wildlife Sanctuary.
• Jeep Safari: See the wildlife of the sanctuary up close with a jeep safari.
• Photography: Capture the beauty of the sanctuary with a camera.
• Jungle Trekking: Explore the wilderness of the sanctuary on a jungle trek.
• Birdwatching: Spot a variety of bird species in the sanctuary.
• Camping: Spend a night under the stars in the sanctuary.
3. Best Places To Stay in Kailadevi Wildlife Sanctuary:
• Luxury Places: The Tiger’s Den Resort, The Wild Inn Resort, The Tiger’s Retreat Resort
• Mid Range: Hotel Kailadevi Grand, The Tiger’s Den Resort, The Wild Inn Resort
• Budget Friendly: Hotel Kailadevi Grand, The Tiger’s Den Resort, The Wild Inn Resort
4. How to Travel to Kailadevi Wildlife Sanctuary?
Kailadevi Wildlife Sanctuary is located around 50 km from Karauli, the nearest city. The nearest airport is Jaipur International Airport, which is around 200 km away from the sanctuary. The nearest railway station is Gangapur City railway station, which is around 20 km away from the sanctuary. There are buses and taxis available from the nearest city and airport to the sanctuary.
5. Must Try Local Food and Drink in Kailadevi Wildlife Sanctuary:
• Ghevar – A sweet dish made of flour, sugar and ghee.
• Dal-Bati-Churma – A Rajasthani delicacy made with dal, batis, and churma.
• Laal Maas – A spicy mutton curry.
• Mawa Kachori – A deep-fried pastry filled with sweetened mawa and nuts.
• Kair-Sangri – A Rajasthani delicacy made with kair (a type of bean) and sangri (a type of shrub).
• Ker Sangri – A Rajasthani dish made with ker and sangri.
• Paneer Makhani – A creamy dish made with paneer and tomato gravy.
• Makke ki Roti and Sarso ka Saag – A traditional Rajasthani dish made with corn flour and mustard leaves.
• Gujia – A sweet dish made of flour, semolina, and dry fruits.
6. Best Places to Eat in Kailadevi Wildlife Sanctuary:
• The Tiger’s Den Resort
• The Wild Inn Resort
• The Tiger’s Retreat Resort
• Hotel Kailadevi Grand
• The Tiger’s Den Restaurant
• The Tiger’s Kitchen
• The Wild Inn Restaurant
• The Tiger’s Retreat Restaurant
• Kailadevi Grand Restaurant
• The Tiger’s Den Café
7. Weather and Climate:
Kailadevi Wildlife Sanctuary has a tropical climate with hot summers and mild winters. The best time to visit the sanctuary is from October to February, when the weather is pleasant and the temperature ranges from 17 degree Celsius to 32 degree Celsius. It is advisable to avoid visiting the sanctuary during the monsoon season from July to September due to heavy rains.
8. Local Customs and Etiquette in Kailadevi Wildlife Sanctuary:
• In Kailadevi Wildlife Sanctuary, it is advisable to dress modestly and respect the local culture and customs.
• It is also advisable to take off your shoes before entering a temple or a shrine.
• Tipping is not considered necessary, however, it is appreciated.
• Do not bring alcohol or any other items prohibited by the local authorities.
9. Popular Scams in Kailadevi Wildlife Sanctuary:
• Overcharging for goods and services
• Selling fake or counterfeit items
• Unauthorized photography or filming
• Offering fake tour guides services
• Unnecessary detours or long routes to reach the destination
• Unauthorized wildlife safaris
10. Suggested Trip Duration:
A first time visitor should plan for at least 3-4 days to explore the Kailadevi Wildlife Sanctuary and its surroundings.
11. Total Estimated Budget Per Person:
Stay – INR 1000-2000 per day
Food – INR 500-1000 per day
Activities – INR 500-1000 per day
Tickets – INR 200-500 per person
Any Other – INR 100-500 per day
12. NearBy Cities:
• Karauli – 50 km
• Jaipur – 200 km
• Agra – 270 km
• Bharatpur – 195 km
• Udaipur – 370 km
13. Local Language and Communication in Kailadevi Wildlife Sanctuary:
The official language of Kailadevi Wildlife Sanctuary is Hindi. English is also spoken in some parts of the sanctuary. There are also English speaking tour guides available at the sanctuary for a fee.
14. Accepted Currency and Money:
The local currency in Kailadevi Wildlife Sanctuary is Indian Rupee (INR). US Dollars, Euros, British Pounds and other major currencies are also accepted. Credit cards and debit cards are accepted at most places. Tipping is not necessary, but is appreciated.
15. Health and Medical Information:
It is advisable to take necessary health precautions before travelling to Kailadevi Wildlife Sanctuary. It is also recommended to carry basic medical supplies such as over-the-counter medicines for common ailments. There are medical facilities available in the nearby town of Karauli, which is around 50 km away from the sanctuary.
16. Packing Tips for Kailadevi Wildlife Sanctuary:
• Comfortable clothes and shoes
• Sunscreen, hat, and sunglasses
• Insect repellent
• Water bottle
• First-aid kit
17. To Sum up:
Kailadevi Wildlife Sanctuary is a perfect destination for wildlife lovers, offering a variety of wildlife, ancient temples, and local culture.