17 Things To Know Before Travelling to Khandela, Rajasthan, 322001
1. Destination Overview of Khandela:
Khandela is a small town in the Sikar district of Rajasthan, India. It is known for its rich cultural heritage and is renowned for its traditional Rajasthani cuisine and hospitality.This small village is known for its many forts and temples, including the famous Khandela Fort. It is also a popular stopover for tourists visiting the nearby cities of Jaipur, Jodhpur, and Bikaner.
2. Top Activities to do in Khandela:
• Exploring the Khandela Fort: The Khandela Fort is one of the most popular attractions in Khandela. The fort is a great place to explore and learn more about the history of the town.
• Visiting the Local Temples: Khandela is home to several beautiful temples, including the Shri Bhairavji Temple, Shri Ramji Temple, and Shri Varahji Temple.
• Shopping: Khandela is a great destination for shopping, with a variety of traditional handicrafts, textiles, and jewellery available for purchase.
• Wildlife Safari: Khandela is located near the Ranthambore National Park, which is a great spot for spotting wildlife such as tigers, leopards, and sloth bears.
• Camel Safari: A camel safari is a great way to explore the desert around Khandela and take in the stunning scenery.
• Bird Watching: Khandela is a great spot for birdwatching, with a variety of species including parakeets, vultures, and eagles.
• Horseback Riding: Horseback riding is a great way to explore the countryside around Khandela.
3. Best Places To Stay in Khandela:
• Khandela Haveli: This luxurious haveli is located in the heart of Khandela. It offers comfortable rooms and suites, a restaurant, an outdoor pool, and a spa.
• Khandela Palace: This palace is a great option for those looking for a luxurious stay in Khandela. It offers a range of modern amenities, including a restaurant and a pool.
• Hotel Khandela: This hotel is located in the centre of Khandela and offers comfortable rooms and a restaurant.
• Hotel Rajwada: This hotel is a great option for those looking for a mid-range stay in Khandela. It offers comfortable rooms and a restaurant.
• Hotel City Palace: This budget-friendly hotel is a great option for those looking for an affordable stay in Khandela. It offers basic amenities and comfortable rooms.
• Hotel Jai Ambey: This hotel is located in the heart of Khandela and is a great option for those looking for an affordable stay. It offers basic amenities and comfortable rooms.
4. How to Travel to Khandela?:
Khandela is well-connected by road, rail and air. The nearest major airport is Jaipur International Airport, which is about 120km away. The closest railway station is Khandela Railway Station, which is about 1 km away. There are also regular buses and taxis available from nearby cities to Khandela.
5. Must Try Local Food and Drink in Khandela:
• Dal Baati Churma: This is a traditional Rajasthani dish made of dal and baati. It is served with a sweet garnish of churma.
• Mirchi Vada: This is a popular snack in Khandela, made of chillies stuffed with a spicy potato filling.
• Bajre Ki Khichdi: This is a popular Rajasthani dish made of bajra and rice, served with a dollop of ghee.
• Gatte Ka Pulao: This is a Rajasthani dish made of gram flour dumplings served with rice.
• Ghevar: This is a traditional Rajasthani sweet made of flour and clarified butter, usually served during festivals.
• Kheech: This is a Rajasthani sweet made of clarified butter and sugar, usually served during festivals.
• Mawa Kachori: This is a popular snack in Khandela, made of mawa and spices.
• Malpua: This is a sweet pancake made of flour, sugar and clarified butter. It is usually served during festivals.
6. Best Places to Eat in Khandela:
• Hotel City Palace: This hotel offers a range of traditional Rajasthani dishes. The food is delicious and the service is excellent.
• Hotel Jai Ambey: This is a popular restaurant in Khandela, offering a range of traditional Rajasthani dishes.
• Rajwada Restaurant: This restaurant offers a variety of North Indian, Chinese and Rajasthani dishes. The food is delicious and the service is excellent.
• Khandela Haveli: This luxurious haveli offers a range of traditional Rajasthani dishes. The food is delicious and the service is excellent.
• Khandela Palace: This restaurant offers a variety of North Indian, Chinese and Rajasthani dishes. The food is delicious and the service is excellent.
7. Weather and Climate:
Khandela has a tropical climate with hot summers and mild winters. The best time to visit Khandela is from October to March, when the weather is pleasant and the temperature is comfortable. It is advisable to avoid visiting Khandela in the summer months from April to June, when the temperature can be very hot.
8. Local Customs and Etiquette in Khandela:
It is important to be aware of local customs and etiquette when visiting Khandela. It is advisable to dress modestly, avoid public displays of affection, and respect the local culture and customs. It is also important to be mindful of the local language and use polite words when speaking to people.
9. Popular Scams in Khandela:
It is important to be aware of common scams in Khandela, such as overcharging for goods and services and offering fake goods. It is also important to be aware of pickpockets and to keep your valuables safe.
10. Suggested Trip Duration:
The suggested trip duration for a first-time traveller to Khandela is 3 to 4 days.
11. Total Estimated Budget Per Person:
The estimated budget per person for a 3-day trip to Khandela is approximately Rs. 10,000, including accommodation, food, activities, tickets and other expenses.
12. NearBy Cities:
• Jaipur: 120 km
• Jodhpur: 200 km
• Bikaner: 250 km
• Ajmer: 250 km
• Udaipur: 280 km
13. Local Language and Communication in Khandela:
The local language spoken in Khandela is Hindi. English is also widely spoken and understood by most people. There are English-speaking guides available at tourist attractions, and they usually charge around Rs. 200 – Rs. 500 per hour.
14. Accepted Currency and Money:
The local currency in Khandela is the Indian Rupee (INR). Credit cards and debit cards are widely accepted, and ATMs are available in the town. Tipping is not expected, but it is customary to leave a small tip for good service.
15. Health and Medical Information:
There are several hospitals and medical clinics in Khandela, and most major cities have international hospitals with English-speaking staff. It is advisable to carry a basic medical kit with you, including medication for common ailments such as diarrhoea, upset stomach, and fever.
16. Packing Tips for Khandela:
When packing for a trip to Khandela, it is important to bring clothing that is appropriate for the weather and local customs. Light cotton clothing is best for the hot summers, and warm clothing is recommended for the mild winters. It is also important to bring comfortable walking shoes and a hat to protect against the sun.
17. To sum up:
Khandela is a small town in the Sikar district of Rajasthan, India, famous for its forts, temples, and traditional Rajasthani cuisine. It is a great destination for exploring the local culture and sampling delicious local food.