# 17 Things To Know Before Travelling to Kheroda, Rajasthan, India
## 1. Destination Overview of Kheroda:
Kheroda is situated in Rajasthan, India. It is known for its vibrant culture, art, architecture, and ancient monuments. There are many temples, forts, and palaces in the city which are popular among tourists. Kheroda is also known for its traditional Rajasthani cuisine, colourful festivals and shopping.
## 2. Top Activities to do in Kheroda:
• Visit the Kheroda Palace, a magnificent 19th century palace that was once home to the royal family of Kheroda.
• Explore the historic fort of Kheroda, located on the banks of the Chambal River.
• Visit the ancient temple of Shree Nathji, a popular pilgrimage destination for Hindus.
• Take a tour of the Kheroda Museum which houses a collection of artifacts from the ancient city.
• Enjoy the vibrant nightlife and street food of the city.
• Shop for traditional Rajasthani handicrafts and artwork.
• Take a safari tour of the nearby Ranthambore National Park, home to a wide variety of wildlife.
• Enjoy camel rides in the desert and explore the nearby sand dunes.
## 3. Best Places To Stay in Kheroda:
• Luxury Places: Kheroda Palace, Kheroda Haveli, Kheroda Fort.
• Mid Range: Hotel Utsav Palace, Hotel Raj Mahal, Hotel Royal Park.
• Budget Friendly: Hotel Jai Mahal Palace, Hotel Surbhi, Hotel Raas.
## 4. How to Travel to Kheroda?:
The nearest airport is the Jaipur International Airport which is about 140 km from Kheroda. The nearest railway station is the Kheroda Station which is about 10 km from Kheroda. You can also take a bus from the Jaipur or Udaipur to reach Kheroda.
## 5. Must Try Local Food and Drink in Kheroda:
• Dal Bati Churma: A traditional Rajasthani dish that consists of dal, bati, and churma.
• Laal Maas: A spicy Rajasthani dish made with mutton.
• Pyaaz Kachori: A deep-fried pastry filled with spiced onions.
• Mawa Kachori: A sweet pastry filled with mawa (milk solids) and nuts.
• Rabri: A sweet dish made with condensed milk and saffron.
• Ghevar: A traditional Rajasthani dessert made with flour and ghee.
• Bajre ki Khichdi: A traditional dish made with bajra (millet) and lentils.
• Kair Sangri: A traditional Rajasthani dish made with kair (wild berry) and sangri (beans).
• Ker Sangri: A traditional Rajasthani dish made with ker (wild berry) and sangri (beans).
• Makhaniya Lassi: A traditional Rajasthani drink made with yogurt and spices.
• Kalakand: A sweet dish made with milk, sugar, and cardamom.
• Palak Gosht: A traditional Rajasthani dish made with spinach and lamb.
## 6. Best Places to Eat in Kheroda:
• Raj Mahal Restaurant: Famous for its delicious Rajasthani dishes.
• Kheroda Haveli Restaurant: Known for its traditional Rajasthani cuisine.
• Utsav Restaurant: Popular for its delicious street food.
• Rajasthan Dhaba: A popular dhaba (eatery) serving traditional Rajasthani dishes.
• Choudhary Restaurant: Popular for its North Indian and Mughlai dishes.
## 7. Weather and Climate:
Kheroda has a hot and dry climate with temperatures ranging from 40°C to 50°C in summer and 10°C to 20°C in winter. The best time to visit Kheroda is from October to March. It is advisable to avoid travelling to Kheroda in the months of April and May due to the extreme heat.
## 8. Local Customs and Etiquette in Kheroda:
It is advisable to dress modestly and cover your shoulders and knees when visiting religious sites. It is also important to show respect to local customs and traditions. Tipping is not a common practice in Kheroda, but it is appreciated.
## 9. Popular Scams in Kheroda:
• Street vendors may try to overcharge for items.
• Taxi drivers may try to charge more than the agreed upon price.
• Be wary of people offering to help exchange currency.
• Be aware of pickpockets and scammers in tourist areas.
## 10. Suggested Trip Duration:
The suggested trip duration to Kheroda is 2-3 days if you are looking to explore the city and its surroundings.
## 11. Total Estimated Budget Per Person:
The total estimated budget per person for a 2-3 day trip to Kheroda is approximately INR 5,000-7,000 (USD 70-100) including stay, food, activities, and tickets.
## 12. NearBy Cities:
• Jaipur: 140 km
• Udaipur: 220 km
• Chittorgarh: 220 km
• Ajmer: 260 km
• Pushkar: 280 km
## 13. Local Language and Communication in Kheroda:
The official language spoken in Kheroda is Hindi. English is widely spoken in tourist areas and there are many English-speaking guides available for hire.
## 14. Accepted Currency and Money:
The local currency in Kheroda is the Indian Rupee (INR). Major credit cards are accepted in most places, but it is advisable to carry some cash as well. Tipping is not a common practice in Kheroda.
## 15. Health and Medical Information:
There are many hospitals and medical clinics in Kheroda. It is advisable to carry basic medical supplies and medications with you.
## 16. Packing Tips for Kheroda:
It is advisable to pack lightweight, comfortable clothing and footwear for your trip to Kheroda. A scarf and a hat are also recommended to protect yourself from the sun. Sunscreen and insect repellent are also essential.
## 17. To sum up:
Kheroda is a vibrant city in Rajasthan, India, known for its majestic palaces, temples, and street food. It is the perfect destination for a 2-3 day getaway filled with sightseeing, shopping, and exploring the local culture.