17 Things To Know Before Travelling to Mavli, Rajasthan, 307024
1. Destination Overview of Mavli:
Mavli is a town in Udaipur District of Rajasthan state in India. It is known for its cultural heritage, wildlife and natural beauty. Tourists can visit the many temples, forts, and other attractions in the area, including Udaipur City Palace, Kumbhalgarh Fort, Eklingji Temple, and Chittorgarh Fort.
2. Top Activities to do in Mavli:
• Visit Udaipur City Palace: Udaipur City Palace is one of the most popular attractions in Mavli. The palace was built in 1559 and is the largest palace complex in Rajasthan.
• Take a Wildlife Safari: Mavli is home to several wildlife sanctuaries, including the Kumbhalgarh Wildlife Sanctuary and the Rajsamand Wildlife Sanctuary. Tourists can take a safari to see the many different species of animals and birds in the area.
• Go Trekking: Mavli is a great destination for trekking, with a variety of trails to explore. Popular treks include the Chittorgarh Fort trek and the Kumbhalgarh Fort trek.
• Explore Eklingji Temple: Eklingji Temple is an ancient Hindu temple dedicated to Lord Shiva. It is one of the oldest temples in Rajasthan and is a popular tourist attraction.
• Visit Chittorgarh Fort: Chittorgarh Fort is a UNESCO World Heritage Site and one of the largest forts in India. It is a popular tourist attraction and a great place to explore the culture and history of Rajasthan.
3. Best Places To Stay in Mavli:
• Luxury Places: The Oberoi Udaivilas, Leela Udaipur, and Taj Lake Palace are some of the best luxury hotels in Mavli.
• Mid Range: Hotel Hilltop Palace, Hotel Raj Palace, and Hotel Lake View Palace are some of the best mid-range hotels in Mavli.
• Budget Friendly: Hotel Hill View, Hotel Hill View Palace, and Hotel Lake View Palace are some of the best budget-friendly hotels in Mavli.
4. How to Travel to Mavli?:
The nearest airport is Udaipur Airport, which is located about 50 km from Mavli. There are also buses and trains that run between Udaipur and Mavli. Taxis and auto rickshaws are available for hire in Mavli.
5. Must Try Local Food and Drink in Mavli:
• Dal Bati Churma: a traditional Rajasthani dish made of dal, bati and churma.
• Pyaaz Kachori: a deep-fried snack made with onion, spices and gram flour.
• Mawa Kachori: a sweet and savoury snack made of mawa and spices.
• Laal Maas: a spicy mutton curry cooked in red chili paste.
• Ker Sangri: a traditional Rajasthani dish made of dried beans and berries.
• Ghevar: a sweet dish made of flour, sugar, and ghee.
• Mango: Mango is a seasonal fruit and is available in summer.
6. Best Places to Eat in Mavli:
• Ambrai Restaurant: This is one of the best restaurants in Mavli and is known for its traditional Rajasthani food.
• Lake Palace Restaurant: This restaurant is located in the Lake Palace and is known for its delicious seafood.
• Chokhi Dhani: This is a popular restaurant in Mavli and is known for its Rajasthani thalis.
• Hotel Raj Palace: This restaurant is known for its delicious Indian and Chinese food.
• Hotel Lake View Palace: This restaurant is known for its delicious North Indian food.
7. Weather and Climate:
Mavli has a tropical climate with hot summers and mild winters. The best time to visit Mavli is between October and March, when the weather is pleasant and the skies are clear. April to June are the hottest months and should be avoided.
8. Local Customs and Etiquette in Mavli:
Mavli is a small town and locals are very welcoming to tourists. It is important to be respectful of local customs, such as dressing modestly, avoiding public displays of affection, and not taking photos of people without their permission. Tipping is not common in Mavli.
9. Popular Scams in Mavli:
Be aware of touts and scammers who may try to take advantage of tourists. Avoid discussing your itinerary and travel plans with strangers, and be wary of anyone who offers you a “special deal” that sounds too good to be true.
10. Suggested Trip Duration:
The suggested trip duration for Mavli is 3-5 days. This will give travellers enough time to explore all the attractions and activities in the area.
11. Total Estimated Budget Per Person:
The estimated budget for a 3-5 day trip to Mavli is approximately 10,000-15,000 INR per person. This includes accommodation, food, activities, and tickets.
12. Nearby Cities:
The nearby cities and places to visit in the area include Udaipur (50 km), Chittorgarh (90 km), Nathdwara (90 km), Kumbhalgarh (120 km), and Ranakpur (130 km).
13. Local Language and Communication in Mavli:
The official language of Mavli is Hindi, but English is also spoken. It is useful to learn a few basic Hindi phrases before travelling to Mavli, such as “Namaste” (hello), “Shukriya” (thank you), and “Kripaya” (please). English-speaking guides are available at the tourist destinations, and they usually charge around 500 INR per day.
14. Accepted Currency and Money:
The Indian Rupee (INR) is the accepted currency in Mavli. Credit cards and debit cards are accepted in most places, but it is best to carry some cash with you as well. Tipping is not common in Mavli.
15. Health and Medical Information:
It is recommended to get vaccinated for Hepatitis A and B before travelling to Mavli. There are several medical facilities in Mavli, and there are also emergency services available.
16. Packing Tips for Mavli:
It is best to pack light and comfortable clothing for the trip to Mavli. It is also important to bring comfortable walking shoes, a hat and sunscreen, and mosquito repellent.
17. To sum up:
Mavli is a small town located in the Udaipur District of Rajasthan. It is known for its cultural heritage, wildlife and natural beauty, and is home to a variety of attractions, including Udaipur City Palace, Kumbhalgarh Fort, Eklingji Temple, and Chittorgarh Fort. With its rich cultural heritage and stunning landscapes, Mavli is an ideal destination for travellers looking for an unforgettable experience.