Ranau in Rajasthan, India is a destination where travelers can experience the unique culture, heritage and history of the region. Known for its ancient palaces and forts, Ranau has a lot to offer its visitors. Here are 17 Things to Know Before Travelling to Ranau in Rajasthan, India:
1. Destination Overview of Ranau:
Ranau is a town in the Ajmer district of Rajasthan in India. The city is known for its rich culture, heritage and history. It is also known for its many ancient palaces, forts, shrines, temples and lakes.
2. Top Activities to do in Ranau:
• Visit the ancient palaces and forts: Ranau is home to some of the most stunning and well-preserved palaces and forts in India. These include the Jaisalmer Fort, Chittorgarh Fort, Jaipur City Palace, and the Ranau Fort.
• Explore the local markets: The local markets in Ranau offer a wide variety of traditional items, from clothes to jewelry and spices.
• Enjoy the local cuisine: Ranau is known for its local cuisine, which includes dishes like dal bati churma, gatte ki sabzi, and laal maas.
• Take part in festivals: Ranau is home to many festivals, including the Kite Festival, the Pushkar Camel Fair, the Diwali Festival, and the Holi Festival.
• Go sightseeing: Ranau is home to many sightseeing spots, including the Ranau Dam, the Ranau Lake, the Ranau Wildlife Sanctuary, and the Ranau Wildlife Sanctuary.
3. Best Places To Stay in Ranau:
• Luxury: The Oberoi Rajvilas, The Gateway Hotel, and The Leela Palace.
• Mid-Range: Ranau Palace, Ranau Regency, and Ranau Resort.
• Budget Friendly: Hotel Ranau, Ranau Royal, and Ranau Heritage.
4. How to Travel to Ranau?
The nearest airport is the Jaipur International Airport, which is about 175 km away. Ranau is also well-connected by train and bus from the nearby cities.
5. Must Try Local Food and Drink in Ranau:
• Dal baati churma
• Gatte ki sabzi
• Laal maas
• Mirchi vada
• Mawa Kachori
• Mawa Baati
• Bajre ki Khichdi
• Moong Dal Halwa
• Besan ki Barfi
• Kalmi Vada
• Kair Sangri
• Mawa Kachori (seasonal)
6. Best Places to Eat in Ranau:
• Ranau Palace
• Hotel Ranau
• Ranau Regency
• Ranau Resort
• The Oberoi Rajvilas
• The Gateway Hotel
• The Leela Palace
7. Weather and Climate:
Ranau has a semi-arid climate. The best time to visit Ranau is in the months of October to February when the weather is pleasant and the temperature is comfortable. It is best to avoid visiting Ranau in the months of April to June when the temperature is very high.
8. Local Customs and Etiquette in Ranau:
Ranau is a conservative city and visitors are advised to dress modestly. Public displays of affection are not allowed. Visitors should also respect local customs and traditions, including the worship of cows.
9. Popular Scams in Ranau:
• Be aware of pickpockets and purse snatchers in crowded areas
• Do not accept food or drinks from strangers
• Do not accept offers of cheap items from strangers
• Do not give money to beggars
• Always check your change before leaving a store or restaurant
• Do not accept unsolicited offers of help
• Avoid buying counterfeit items
10. Suggested Trip Duration:
A 3-day trip to Ranau is recommended for a first-time visitor.
11. Total Estimated Budget Per Person:
• Stay: INR 2000-5000
• Food: INR 500-1000
• Activities: INR 1000-2000
• Tickets: INR 1000-3000
12. Nearby Cities:
• Jaipur (175 km)
• Udaipur (215 km)
• Pushkar (240 km)
• Ajmer (250 km)
13. Local Language and Communication in Ranau:
The official language spoken in Ranau is Hindi. English is also widely spoken and understood. Local guides and tour operators are available who can provide assistance in English.
14. Accepted Currency and Money:
The local currency of Ranau is the Indian Rupee (INR). Credit cards are accepted at most hotels, restaurants and shops. Tipping is not compulsory, but if you wish to do so, 10% is customary.
15. Health and Medical Information:
No vaccinations are required for travellers to Ranau. However, it is recommended to take out travel insurance before visiting. There are hospitals and medical facilities available in Ranau, but it is best to carry basic medical supplies with you.
16. Packing Tips for Ranau:
When visiting Ranau, it is best to pack light and comfortable clothing, such as cotton shirts and trousers. It is also important to pack a hat and sunscreen to protect from the sun. A scarf or shawl is also recommended for women, as it offers protection from the sun and wind.
17. To Sum Up:
Ranau in Rajasthan, India is an ideal destination for travelers looking to experience the unique culture, heritage and history of the region. From exploring ancient palaces and forts to enjoying the local cuisine, there is something for everyone in Ranau.