17 Things To Know Before Travelling to Salumber, Rajasthan, India
1. Destination Overview of Salumber:
Salumber is a small town located in the Udaipur district of Rajasthan, India. The town is known for its old and beautiful temples, traditional architecture and its ancient history. Salumber is also popular for its local fairs and festivals as well as its vibrant music and dance scene.
2. Top Activities to do in Salumber:
• Visit the Salumber Jain Temple: This stunning temple is a popular attraction amongst locals and tourists alike. The temple complex is a great place to explore the traditional architecture and history of Salumber.
• Attend the Salumber Festival: Every year, Salumber celebrates its own festival with traditional music, dance, and entertainment. It’s a great way to experience the culture and see the town’s vibrant colors and costumes.
• Explore the Salumber Palace: This ancient palace is a popular tourist spot and a great place to learn about the history of Salumber.
• Experience the Salumber Market: Salumber Market is a great place to explore the local culture and try some of the unique and delicious local snacks.
• Enjoy the local music and dance: Salumber is known for its vibrant music and dance scene. Catch a show at a local music venue or find a traditional dance performance to enjoy the local culture.
3. Best Places To Stay in Salumber:
• The Leela Udaipur: This five-star hotel is located on the shores of Lake Pichola and provides luxurious accommodation with beautiful views.
• The Oberoi Udaivilas: This luxurious hotel is located in Udaipur and offers stunning views of Lake Pichola.
• Radisson Blu Udaipur Palace Resort & Spa: This luxurious resort is located near the banks of Lake Pichola and offers a range of amenities and activities.
• The Grand Laxmi Vilas Palace: This mid-range hotel is located close to the main market and offers comfortable rooms with all the basic amenities.
• Mahesh Heritage: This mid-range hotel is located in the heart of Salumber and offers comfortable rooms with all the basic amenities.
• The Mansion House: This mid-range hotel is located close to the main market and offers comfortable rooms with all the basic amenities.
• Shubh Hotel: This budget-friendly hotel is located in the heart of Salumber and offers basic amenities and comfortable rooms.
• Hotel Jai Shree: This budget-friendly hotel is located close to the main market and offers basic amenities and comfortable rooms.
• Hotel Milestone: This budget-friendly hotel is located in the heart of Salumber and offers basic amenities and comfortable rooms.
4. How to Travel to Salumber?:
The nearest airport is the Maharana Pratap Airport in Udaipur, which is around 53 km away from Salumber. You can take a taxi or a bus to reach Salumber from the airport. The nearest railway station is located in Udaipur, which is around 53 km away. You can also take a bus or a taxi to reach Salumber from Udaipur.
5. Must Try Local Food and Drink in Salumber:
• Dal Baati Churma: This is a traditional Rajasthani dish made with lentils, wheat flour balls and a mixture of spices.
• Kachori: This is a popular snack made with wheat flour and filled with a mixture of spices and vegetables.
• Pyaaz Ki Kachori: This is a popular snack made with wheat flour and filled with a mixture of onions and spices.
• Gujiya: This is a popular sweet dish made with maida flour, coconut, and dry fruits.
• Ghevar: This is a traditional Rajasthani dish made with a mixture of flour and syrup.
• Gatta Curry: This is a traditional Rajasthani curry made with gram flour dumplings and a mixture of spices.
• Panchkuta: This is a traditional Rajasthani dish made with a mixture of five lentils and spices.
• Kadhi: This is a traditional Rajasthani dish made with a mixture of yogurt, gram flour, and spices.
• Raabdi: This is a traditional Rajasthani dish made with milk and dry fruits.
• Kair Sangri: This is a traditional Rajasthani dish made with a combination of kair and sangri beans.
• Gajar Ka Halwa: This is a traditional Rajasthani dessert made with carrots and a mixture of spices.
6. Best Places to Eat in Salumber:
• Rawat Restaurant: This is a popular restaurant in Salumber and serves traditional Rajasthani dishes. Try the Dal Baati Churma, Kachori and Panchkuta.
• Laxmi Sweets: This is a popular sweet shop in Salumber and serves a variety of traditional Rajasthani sweets. Try the Ghevar and Gajar Ka Halwa.
• Halwai Ji Ka Dhaba: This is a popular dhaba in Salumber and serves traditional Rajasthani dishes. Try the Pyaaz Ki Kachori, Kadhi and Kair Sangri.
• Nanda Restaurant: This is a popular restaurant in Salumber and serves traditional Rajasthani dishes. Try the Gujiya, Gatta Curry and Raabdi.
7. Weather and Climate:
The best time to visit Salumber is during the winter months from October to March. The temperatures range from 10-25°C during these months making it the perfect time to explore the town. Avoid visiting Salumber during the summer months from April to June as temperatures can range from 25-45°C and the heat can be unbearable.
8. Local Customs and Etiquette in Salumber:
It is important to remember that Salumber is a conservative town and visitors should dress modestly and respect local customs and traditions. Women should cover their heads and legs when visiting temples, and men should remove their shoes and hats when entering holy places. Tipping is expected at restaurants and for services, though it is not mandatory.
9. Popular Scams in Salumber:
Be aware of fake tour guides and taxi drivers who may try to scam you by charging more than the agreed price. Always check the meter in a taxi and agree on a price before getting in. Be aware of pickpockets in crowded areas and markets. Do not carry large amounts of cash or valuables with you.
10. Suggested Trip Duration:
You should plan to stay in Salumber for at least 3 days in order to explore its attractions and experience the local culture.
11. Total Estimated Budget Per Person:
The total estimated budget per person for a 3-day trip to Salumber is around Rs. 5,000. This includes accommodation, food, activities, and tickets.
12. NearBy Cities:
• Udaipur – 53 km
• Chittorgarh – 68 km
• Kota – 145 km
• Ajmer – 218 km
13. Local Language and Communication in Salumber:
The official language of Salumber is Rajasthani. English is also spoken by some people in the town. You can hire an English speaking guide at the tourist attractions to help you understand the culture and history of the town.
14. Accepted Currency and Money:
The official currency of Salumber is the Indian Rupee (INR). Credit cards are accepted at most hotels and restaurants, but cash is preferred for most transactions. Tipping is expected at restaurants and for services, though it is not mandatory.
15. Health and Medical Information:
It is recommended to get the necessary vaccinations before travelling to Salumber. Be aware of mosquitos and take precautions against mosquito bites. Wear sunscreen and bring insect repellent. There are a few hospitals in Salumber and most pharmacies have basic medicines available.
16. Packing Tips for Salumber:
It’s important to pack light and comfortable clothing for your trip to Salumber. Pack lightweight and breathable fabrics such as cotton, linen, and chiffon. Bring a hat, sunglasses, and sunscreen to protect yourself from the sun. Bring a light jacket or shawl for cool evenings.
17. To sum up:
Salumber is a small town located in the Udaipur district of Rajasthan, India, known for its old and beautiful temples, traditional architecture and its ancient history. Visitors to Salumber can enjoy activities such as exploring the Salumber Jain Temple, attending the Salumber Festival, exploring the Salumber Palace, and experiencing the local music and dance.