Kumbhalgarh Wildlife Sanctuary in Rajasthan, India is an exotic destination for nature and wildlife lovers. It boasts of rich flora and fauna and has a wide variety of bird species and animals. Here are 17 essential tips for planning a successful trip to Kumbhalgarh Wildlife Sanctuary:
1. Destination Overview of Kumbhalgarh Wildlife Sanctuary:
Kumbhalgarh Wildlife Sanctuary is located in Rajasthan, India. It is known for its rich flora and fauna, including numerous bird species and various animals. It has a rich cultural heritage, and the sanctuary is home to many temples and monuments.
2. Top Activities to do in Kumbhalgarh Wildlife Sanctuary:
• Wildlife safari: Explore the wildlife of Kumbhalgarh Wildlife Sanctuary on a jeep safari.
• Bird watching: Spot some of the rare and endangered species of birds in the sanctuary.
• Temple tours: Visit the temples and monuments of the sanctuary.
• Trekking: Explore the beautiful landscape of the sanctuary on foot.
• Camping: Spend the night in a tent in the wilderness of the sanctuary.
3. Best Places To Stay in Kumbhalgarh Wildlife Sanctuary:
• Luxury Places: Kumbhalgarh Resort & Spa, Kumbhalgarh Fort Hotel, and Kumbhalgarh Wildlife Resort.
• Mid-Range: The Wild Retreat Kumbhalgarh, Hotel Tiger Heaven, and Hotel Shri Ram.
• Budget Friendly: Kumbhalgarh Camps, Rainbow Camps Kumbhalgarh, and Kumbhalgarh Tent Camps.
4. How to Travel to Kumbhalgarh Wildlife Sanctuary?:
The nearest airport to Kumbhalgarh Wildlife Sanctuary is Udaipur Airport, located about 130 km away. The nearest railway station is Sadri Railway Station, located about 20 km away. From the nearest cities, you can take a bus or taxi to the sanctuary.
5. Must Try Local Food and Drink in Kumbhalgarh Wildlife Sanctuary:
• Gatte ki Sabzi: A traditional Rajasthani dish made with besan (gram flour) dumplings.
• Dal Baati Churma: A popular Rajasthani dish made with lentils, wheat flour balls, and a sweet dish of wheat flour, ghee, and jaggery.
• Ker Sangri: A traditional dish made with two local desert vegetables.
• Kachoris: Fried, stuffed snacks made with lentils or vegetables.
• Mawa Kachori: A sweet, fried snack made with khoya (milk solids) and spices.
• Ghevar: A sweet dessert made of flour, ghee, and sugar syrup.
6. Best Places to Eat in Kumbhalgarh Wildlife Sanctuary:
• Kumbhalgarh Resort & Spa: Try the traditional Rajasthani thali.
• Kumbhalgarh Fort Hotel: Try the local Rajasthani delicacies.
• Hotel Tiger Heaven: Try the local Rajasthani snacks.
• Hotel Shri Ram: Try the delicious Rajasthani dishes.
• Kumbhalgarh Camps: Try the local Rajasthani street food.
7. Weather and Climate:
Kumbhalgarh Wildlife Sanctuary has a tropical climate with hot summers and mild winters. The best time to visit is from October to March, when the temperature is pleasant and the climate is suitable for outdoor activities. It is advised to avoid visiting the sanctuary during the summer months of April to June, as the temperature is very hot.
8. Local Customs and Etiquette in Kumbhalgarh Wildlife Sanctuary:
• It is polite to greet people with a Namaste.
• It is important to dress modestly when visiting temples and other religious places.
• It is advisable to always carry an identity proof such as a passport or Aadhaar card.
• It is advisable to avoid taking photographs of people without asking for their permission.
• It is considered rude to point with your fingers or use the left hand to accept or give something.
9. Popular Scams in Kumbhalgarh Wildlife Sanctuary:
• Fake guides: Beware of fake guides offering their services in the sanctuary.
• Overcharging: Always negotiate the fare before taking a taxi or auto-rickshaw.
• Unofficial accommodation: Beware of unofficial accommodation providers who may overcharge you.
• Fake currency: Avoid accepting any foreign currency from strangers.
• Fake websites: Beware of fake websites offering cheap tickets or accommodation.
10. Suggested Trip Duration:
The suggested duration for a first-time traveler to Kumbhalgarh Wildlife Sanctuary is 3-4 days.
11. Total Estimated Budget Per Person:
Stay: INR 1000-5000
Food: INR 500-1000
Activities: INR 500-1500
Tickets: INR 200-500
12. NearBy Cities:
• Udaipur: 120 km
• Chittorgarh: 75 km
• Ranakpur: 45 km
• Nathdwara: 60 km
• Bundi: 80 km
13. Local Language and Communication in Kumbhalgarh Wildlife Sanctuary:
The official language spoken in Kumbhalgarh Wildlife Sanctuary is Hindi. English is also widely spoken and understood. There are English-speaking guides available at the sanctuary, and they usually charge a fee for their services.
14. Accepted Currency and Money:
The local currency in Kumbhalgarh Wildlife Sanctuary is the Indian rupee. Credit cards and debit cards are accepted at most places, and there are ATMs available. Tipping is not expected, but it is appreciated.
15. Health and Medical Information:
It is recommended to get the necessary vaccinations before traveling to Kumbhalgarh Wildlife Sanctuary. It is also advisable to carry a first-aid kit and any necessary medicines. Medical facilities and emergency services are available in the nearby cities.
16. Packing Tips for Kumbhalgarh Wildlife Sanctuary:
• Light, breathable clothing
• Comfortable walking shoes
• Hat, sunglasses and sunscreen
• Insect repellent
17. To sum up:
Kumbhalgarh Wildlife Sanctuary is a perfect destination for nature and wildlife lovers, boasting of rich flora and fauna, temples and monuments, and a variety of outdoor activities.